FIC: Graduation (1/1)

  • Laura Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      Graduation

      Author: Sparkling-Diva/Laura Elaine

      Rating: PG

      Genre: Songfic

      Feedback: Yes please!! My e-mail is rogue200348@...

      Disclaimer: I don't own the Marvel World nor the Vitamin C song.

      Author's Note: This is my first songfic so I hope that it isn't too
      bad. Enjoy!

      Dedication: To the class of 2004 or any other graduating class for
      that matter.

      The air had graduation spelled out all around. Xavier's Institute
      was throwing a party in the gym the night before the grand occasion.
      People were dancing everywhere and some were even singing karaoke up
      on stage.

      "You should go up there, girl!" Kitty said to her close friend,
      Marie.

      "Yeah. You've got a great voice. Plus, it's not like Logan's is here
      or anything," said Jubilee.

      "Logan?" Marie said nervously.

      "See? His name even gets you weak," said Jubilee.

      "Please."

      "Pretty please."

      "Anyone else wants to sing?" Scott asked from up the stage. He was
      in charge of chaperoning that area.

      "Go!" Kitty and Jubilee yelled.

      "But, I-,"

      It was hopeless. Before she knew it, Marie was pushed up there.

      Thanks a lot guys, she silently whispered to herself.

      "Oh, Rogue," Scott said surprised after he noticed her, "Mic is all
      yours," he said handing it to her, "Break a leg," he whispered
      before he went off the stage.

      "Umm…" Marie said nervously as she positioned herself in the center
      stage area where the spotlight hit her, "I'll be
      singing `Graduation' by Vitamin C," she said.

      She saw all the people she had met since Logan, her crush, brought
      her there and became nervous. She slowly took in three deep breaths
      and cleared her throat.

      As the music started playing, memories began to fill her mind, and
      she began.

      And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
      Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
      I keep thinking times will never change
      Keep on thinking things will always be the same
      But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
      No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
      And if you got something that you need to say
      You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
      Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
      These memories are playing like a film without sound
      And I keep thinking of that night in June
      I didn't know much of love
      But it came too soon
      And there was me and you
      And then we got real cool
      Stay at home talking on the telephone with me
      We'd get so excited, we'd get so scared
      Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
      And this is how it feels

      As we go on
      We remember
      All the times we
      Had together
      And as our lives change
      Come whatever
      We will still be
      Friends forever

      A while ago, Logan had called her. He was still busy on his search
      for his past and was too far away so he was unsure if he could make
      it to her graduation. They had talked for hours which was unusual of
      him and he really supported her with her dreams and hopes for the
      futures. Marie had to admit to herself that she still had feelings
      for him no matter how hard she tried to convince herself that he
      would never feel the same. She was just sad that he wasn't going to
      make it on her special day.

      So if we get the big jobs
      And we make the big money
      When we look back now
      Will our jokes still be funny?
      Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
      Still be trying to break every single rule
      Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
      Can Kitty find a job that won't interfere with her tan?

      She could hear her friends laughing at her joke among the crowd.

      I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
      Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
      And this is how it feels
      As we go on
      We remember
      All the times we
      Had together
      And as our lives change
      Come whatever
      We will still be
      Friends forever

      As she was singing the chorus she saw something out of the corner of
      her eyes.

      Was it…

      It couldn't be…couldn't it?

      La, la, la, la
      Yeah, yeah, yeah
      La, la, la, la
      We will still be friends forever
      Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
      Can we survive it out there?
      Can we make it somehow?
      I guess I thought that this would never end
      And suddenly it's like we're women and men
      Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
      Will these memories fade when I leave this town
      I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
      Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
      As we go on
      We remember
      All the times we
      Had together
      And as our lives change
      Come whatever
      We will still be
      Friends forever
      As we go on
      We remember
      All the times we
      Had together

      She looked one more time into the crowd to make sure that her eyes
      weren't deceiving her.

      It was.

      It was Logan.

      He was here!

      He had made it for her graduation!

      And as our lives change
      Come whatever
      We will still be
      Friends forever

      As she finished her song she heard the audience begin to cheer and
      applaud her. Among them was her love, Logan. She smiled to herself
      knowing that she shouldn't worry about her life ahead since they
      would always be friends forever. And either way, who knew really
      what the future would hold. Maybe someday they would be together.
      One thing she was certain on was that it was time to begin a new
      chapter in her life.

      Vitamin C
      Graduation
[...]

      Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?