FIC: X-Book 4: Of Politics..., PG-13, Chpt 21

  • Kathleen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 7:39 PM
      X-Book 4 -- Of Politics, Tacos and Other Things that Give You
      Indegestion

      Chapter 21: Pyro's Staying, We Get It, Get on with It.

      By: Kath713/Leen713
      Rating: PG-13 (violence, language)

      Genre: Crossover (with anything I can squeeze in), SPOILERS FOR X2

      story.

      Reviews: Any feedback would be great and is appreciated!

      ***

      Chapter Twenty-One:

      The following evening, after Sebastian had spent his daylight hours
      considering Erik's request, he came up from the basement to find
      Rebecca and Sid sitting on one sofa watching the most interesting
      program they could find on television, which consisted of homemade
      robots pummeling each other in the most violent fashion imaginable.

      Sid was loudly criticizing the construction and workmanship on both
      machines while Rebecca was reiterating over and over how it did not
      matter because the robots were about to be sawed and hacked apart.
      Sebastian rolled his eyes but grinned in spite of himself.

      "Oh, come on," Sid muttered, "The balance on those tires is way
      off! It would have gotten a lot more traction if they would have
      increased the tread depth a little..."

      "All the tires on the thing are flat anyway," Rebecca shot back, and
      then considered the screen for a moment before continuing, "Maybe I
      should try out for this show...I've kicked the ass of bigger robots
      than that."

      "No way," Sid said, "They require a measure of intelligence in the
      contestants that, I'm not sorry to say, you do not possess..."

      "Are you guys going back to sleeping at night again soon?" Sebastian
      announced as he walked up to them, and the twins glanced backward at
      him with identical grins.

      "I've decided to take night courses," Rebecca said, at the same time
      Sid said, "I'm working on a car that can be solar powered in the
      dark."

      "Can you guys shut that off a second," Sebastian said with
      annoyance, "I've got something we need to talk about."

      "Again?" Rebecca asked, "We spent all last night talking about what
      happened..."

      "No," Sebastian said, "This is something else. We might have...a
      new addition to our household..."

      Sid's eyes lit up comically, "Oh, Uncle S...Are you expecting?"

      Sebastian scowled with annoyance, "I'm being serious.
      Erik...Magneto...has asked me if Pyro can stay with us for a while.
      To help with his training...and with your rehab," he pointed at
      Rebecca, "And I know what you'll say...you don't need help...which
      is bullshit so don't even argue about it."

      Rebecca sighed, and folded her good arm over her injured one. Sid
      simply regarded his uncle with silent curiosity.

      "I talked to Charles Xavier last night," Sebastian continued, "Turns
      out Pyro is an AWOL student of his. So I figured maybe we could
      help the kid out. Show him there's more to the world that being
      angry and blowing shit up..."

      "There is?" Rebecca said with mocked outrage, "Since when?"

      "Since fuzzy bunny slippers and pudding pops," Sebastian shot back.

      Sid chuckled and glanced at his sister, "Yes...pudding pops...those
      do sooth the soul..."

      "Agreed," Rebecca said, and then shook her head sadly, "You're
      saying the poor kid has never had a pudding pop?"

      "What kind of island is Magneto running that they have no pudding
      pops," Sid said in agreement.

      Rebecca nodded, "And what kind of school does Xavier have to be
      without..."

      "Shut up about the pudding pops!" Sebastian said with annoyance.

      They both shrugged and Sid mumbled, "You brought it up, Bas..."

      Sebastian sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes. When he looked up
      again, he spotted Erik and Raven coming through the front door,
      quickly followed by Toad and Pyro. They had been taking several
      things back down to the car in preparation for their departure.
      Magneto had no doubts what Sebastian's response would be to
      his `favor.'

      Sebastian leaned forward and spoke low to the twin, "I just wanted
      to know what you guys thought before I said yes or no..."

      The twins nodded, and replied in turn.

      "Fine with me," Sid said.

      "Yeah, no problem here," Rebecca added, and then her eyes
      widened, "That would be...two pyretics versus two idiots..."

      The Malloys glanced back at their `guests' as Magneto and Mystique
      walked over toward them. Rebecca noticed Sebastian and Mystique
      giving each other cold glares, so she decided to make this easy and
      just let Pyro know what the `grown-ups' had been discussing behind
      his back.

      "So," Rebecca called over toward him, "You're gonna be hangin' out
      for a while, John?"

      Pyro frowned, and shook his head, "I don't think so...we're..."

      He paused as he saw Sebastian put his hand to his temple with
      obvious annoyance, and Magneto nod as a pleased smile appeared on
      his face.

      "What are you talking about?" Pyro asked with confusion.

      "I've asked the Malloy family to allow you to stay here for a time,"
      Magneto replied, "In order to help you further your training.
      Apparently...our host is in favor of this as well. So, the final
      decision belongs to you..."

      Pyro's eyes had widened as Magneto spoke, looking both anxious and
      excited. He glanced between his leader and the others. The idea of
      staying in the city (and being away from the mostly empty island)
      appealed to him immediately.

      "How long could I stay?" he asked, unable to keep the enthusiasm out
      of his voice.

      "We'll see..." Magneto and Sebastian said at the same time, and the
      twins began to chuckle, as the two men shot each other annoyed
      glances.

      ***
      Archived at www.fanfiction.net/~leen713