FIC: Beyond Words (13/?)

  • Laura Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2004
      Beyond Words- Part 13
      Rogue's P.O.V.
      Author: Sparkling-Diva
      Feedback: Yes, Please and thank you!!!! You can do so at
      rogue200348@...
      Dedication: Thank you's to everyone I know and the people at the
      message boards and my reviewers at FanFiction.net. I promised I'd
      write more.
      Archive: If you are interested please ask me first just so I know. I
      don't consider it a problem if I say it is OK. I am a member to
      FanFiction.net and a bunch of other boards.
      Disclaimer: They are not mine!! WAAHHH!!!
      Rating: PG-13. Due to some romancy stuff.
      cute little L/M fic about them in luv with each other and them
      telling their P.O.V. of the whole situation.
      Author's Note: Now the time for Part 13 has arrived….

      I got out of the bathroom, all dressed, thinking that I would find
      Logan but apparently he wasn't there.
      I figured that he would be nearby. I got my jacket and went out for a
      walk.
      The breeze was cool and crisp.
      What a beautiful morning, I told myself.
      I spotted Logan's van's tracks and followed. I then spotted the truck
      but no Logan.
      That's weird, I thought.
      I then saw his footprints but they were still on the path.
      That seemed for strange but still at least I knew that he was there.
      I took out the copy of the keys I had in my coat pocket and got in
      the van. I decided to drive following the steps so that he wouldn't
      have to walk all the way back for it.
      Logan was the one who taught me to drive and he's the best teacher in
      the world. Thanks to him, I got my license from the Professor.
      It's too bad we all have to these certain kind of things through
      Charles but lately the whole "mutants in society issue" wasn't going
      to well and that meant our lives could be at stake. Thank god that
      Charles had very good connections including the private cruise ship
      he has. It's not like a huge one but it'll do for me and Logan.
      I don't know why but I had a feeling deep in me that seemed to be
      telling me that Logan wasn't okay.
      I drove a little way up until I saw the footprints lead up to a small
      abandoned cabin.
      I wondered what might've happened so that he would be there.
      I parked up in front of it and got my keys out and closed out the
      door.
      I found the door open and walked in and called his name.
      "Logan?" I said closing the door behind me.
      I walked forward before calling his name again, "Logan?"
      "Marie…"
      Oh god.
      I'll never forget the sight I had scene at that moment.
      Logan was on the bed and he looked destroyed. He was crying. He was
      in pain. Papers lied scattered all over the floor.
      I bent down over to him and stroked his hair as he allowed his tears
      to flow. He took my hands and cupped them in mine and said no more.
      "Logan, what happened, sugah?"
      "I-," he trailed off. His tears wouldn't let him speak. I kissed him
      on the cheek before embracing him. I took a paper and looked at it.
      It was his writing.
      Oh gosh.
      The paper was really old and torn.
      I saw a stack that was held together in the form of a book. I read
      what it said, "Property of James Howlett (Logan)"
      Oh no.
      This was his from a long time ago.
      I then saw a photo sticking out. I took it out.
      There was Logan.
      He was standing in front of the very same house smiling. It was faded
      but he was wearing overalls and a white shirt and his hair was a
      little messy.
      "Oh sugah. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," I said taking him into my
      arms. He and I cried until he finally slept.
      I was careful to lay him down. I wanted to investigate a little more.
      There were pages and documents with his signatures and facts.
      Turns out his real name was James Howlett and yes he was Canadian.
      His parents were John and Elizabeth. John had been shot and James had
      seen it. That's when his anger caused him to have claws come out from
      the knuckles of his hands. That's what his journal described.
      I took a look at Logan to see that he was sleeping so I returned to
      do my research.
      His journal claims that he'd had been in love with a young girl named
      Rose. The only problem was that before they got the chance to get
      married he killed his father's murder and they had to flee quickly to
      British Columbia with her.
      He then disguised himself as a man named Logan and during that time,
      he discovered he had animal keen senses and an accelerated and non-
      normal healing factor. He was always up for challenges and that's how
      he got the nickname of Wolverine.
      I couldn't believe what I read next.
      While he was in B.C. he came face to face with the son of his
      father's murder. A battle occurred but something went terribly wrong.
      Rose was trying to break up the fight, when by accident, James killed
      her with his claws. He had come back here to the cabin but couldn't
      take being without her any longer so fleed into the woods.
      No.
      Poor Logan. He had killed Rose, that must've been awful.
      I suddenly remembered of the incident where he had stabbed me and
      nearly killed me if it wasn't for my power of life-sucking, I
      would've been dead.
      I also felt a sense of admiration towards Rose. During the 19th
      century, mutants were less common but she loved him no matter what
      his problems was and stood by him every step of the way.
      He had described her as caring, very young, energetic, and creative.
      Very much like me.
      I wasn't mad at her nor was I jealous. I understood her completely.
      I already knew the rest of the story. Due to his healing power, he
      couldn't age and always liked the like he was in his thirties and
      after 100 years, he had gone through a harsh government experiment on
      mutants. They were trying to make him into a killing machine known as
      Weapon X. Scientists involved in the project inserted the adamantium
      skeleton in him that during the process caused him to loose his
      memory and made him into what he was today.
      I turned the page to find the rest of the journal empty. While doing
      so, a picture fell out to the floor with the back towards me.
      I picked it up and turned it around.
      Oh my god.
      It was a picture of Rose.
      Oh my god.
      She looked exactly like me.
      Oh lord.
      I heard Logan stir and I saw him open his eyes knowing he was awake.
      "Marie?"
      "I'm here Logan."
      "Can we go back to our cabin now please?" he whispered in pain.
      "Yeah, c'mon," I said helping him up from the bed and wiping my tears
      from mine and his eyes.
      "She's pretty," I said as we were walking towards the door.
      "Just like you, "he said forcing a smile as we left.