FIC: Beyond Words (8/?)

  • Laura Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2004
      Beyond Words- Part 8
      Logan's P.O.V.
      Author: Sparkling-Diva
      Feedback: Yes, Please and thank you!!!! You can do so at
      rogue200348@...
      Dedication: Thank you's to everyone I know and the people at the
      message boards and my reviewers at FanFiction.net. I promised I'd
      write more.
      Archive: If you are interested please ask me first just so I know. I
      don't consider it a problem if I say it is OK. I am a member to
      FanFiction.net and a bunch of other boards.
      Disclaimer: They are not mine!! WAAHHH!!!
      Rating: PG-13. Due to some romancy stuff.
      cute little L/M fic about them in luv with each other and them
      telling their P.O.V. of the whole situation.
      Author's Note: I'm updating a lot lately and just figured out that
      there should be about 8 chapters or so. Just wanted to let you know
      but for now here is Part 8.

      "Charles?!" I yelled as we walked into the lab. We had looked all
      around and couldn't find him anywhere else so we figured that this
      would be the best place to and low and behold there was "O Wise
      Elder" Chuck with the Bluish-Purple Smurf.
      "Welcome. Hello Logan. Hello Rogue." He said wheeling himself
      towards us.
      "Hi, Professor" said Rogue.
      "I guess you are here to see about that cure I was telling you
      about."
      "Yeah, what is it exactly?"
      "Well something I'll like to call the X-Remedy. We haven't actually
      made a name for it yet but it's guaranteed that at times it can help
      one control their mutant powers and abilities," said Hank with a
      smile.
      "I never knew that one existed."
      "It's fairly new and top secret." Said Charles.
      "How did you find it?" Marie asked shocked.
      "Meet Einstien," replied Henry pointing to a little cage containing
      a hamster.
      "Einstein? A hamster? You've got to be kidding me," Marie said very
      confused.
      "Darlin'," I said, since I knew she loved it when I called her that,
      as I put a hand over her shoulder, "That's exactly what I thought as
      well but apparently this little guy can work wonders."
      "Einstein here," Beast continued, "Had been placed earlier with some
      mutant DNA through injection that is much similar to yours. Watch
      what happens when we place this very much alive flower by him."
      Hank did so and we all watched as Einstein touched it and right
      before our eyes it died.
      Marie looked away scared towards me. I didn't blame her. Einstein
      was just like her. It was like watching a tape of her sucking the
      life off of another human being.
      "Now I'm going to place this injection in him that I came up with
      using some of the herbal remedies that I found in Ororo's garden
      that she so gladly and kindly let me use for these sort of things."
      We watched as Hank carefully took the needle and gracefully picked
      up the lil bub and injected it.
      He placed it back down and continued on, "Now we will take another
      live rose and place it nearby."
      Immediately the lil guy ran straight to it and started playing with
      it and touching it without killing it at all.
      "Amazing!" Marie said in shock.
      "We know," Chuck said.
      "So where do I come in?"
      "Well darlin' it was kind of a late birthday gift," I answered.
      Soon Charles replied, "We chose you out of many. You see, Rogue,
      compared to others who can control their powers with certain ways,
      in cases like yours and certain other people, it is much more
      difficult to do so. I'm not completely saying that you can't. I'm
      just saying that you need extra help."
      "And with the right support team, we can guarantee you'll be okay,"
      finished Hank.
      "So are you going to try the test on me?"
      "That's what we hope," stated Wheels, "The good thing about this is
      that there doesn't appear to be any side effects or consequences as
      a result of taking it since it is all natural. But first there are
      some things that you should know about."
      "Like what?"
      "Well you will have to take certain lessons and sessions on how to
      use your mind in order to help with the controlling aspect of it.
      Ororo will help you as well as I. She will train you in meditation
      and I will train you to know more about this so that we can help
      others. You also must remember that doesn't mean it'll remove your
      power from you. It simply just lets you control it better. Your
      power will always be there. The injection wares off normally after
      about a month at first so you might have to come in on a monthly
      basis. Hank and Jean will be there to guide and assist you. As for
      your boyfriend…"
      Hank chuckled, Charles smiled, Marie blushed, and I just rolled my
      eyes.
      "He," Charles continued, "I expect should be helpful and much
      encouraging. Am I right, Logan?"
      "You can count on me Chuck," I said looking down at Marie as she was
      smiling up at me.
      "Good. So Rogue, are you up to the challenge?"
      "Really?"
      The professor nodded and then she looked from him to Hank, to me,
      then back to him, and said, "Sure. Now?"
      "Absolutely," said Hank, "Sit down."
      She did so and Hank asked me, "Logan are you willing to stay I mean
      I know how you are with needles and everything. Sure you won't pass
      out or anything?" he said jokingly. "I'll take my chances," I said
      holding her gloved hand, "But I really do think that I won't pass
      out. At least not with her here anyways."
      "Charles? You called?" asked Jean walking in. Apparently he had sent
      a mind message for her to come for assisstance.
      "Yes. Rogue has decided to take her chances and is going to need the
      injection."
      "Great., Hold still," she said as she rubbed Marie's arm with a
      cotton swab. Then with gloved hands on to be careful, she took the
      injection Hank had laid out for her and placed it into Marie's Arm.
      She held my hand very tight for that short moment then quickly let
      go. We never looked away from each others eyes.
      "All done. Let me put a band aid on it for ya," Jean said with a
      smile, "You will need to come back for a quick check up tomorrow to
      make sure everything goes well, okay?"
      "Okay."
      "Now Rogue I want you to remove your glove," said Charles.
      "What for?"
      "To touch this for me darlin'," I said taking one of the roses from
      the counter, "This is for you."
      She just smiled and said, "Thank you."
      Everyone stared as she took one gloved hand and took it from me.
      Carefully she slowly rose her hand to it and touched it. She was
      afraid but she closed her eyes to battle her inner fears in her
      mind. She did not let go of it either. All we could do was stare in
      awe. She then slowly opened her eyes to see that the life in her
      hands was still alive.
      "Oh mah gosh," she said in her southern accent, "It's alive! I
      didn't kill it!"
      Then everyone cheered and congragulated her.
      "Thank you, Professor, Hank, Jean," she said as she shook all of
      their hands with her own ungloved one, "You have no idea what this
      means to me."
      "No Rogue. You have no idea what this means to us," replied the
      professor.
      She was in tears. She finally turned to me and stared at me, "Thank
      ya, sugah."
      I nodded and extended my arms out to her indicating that a hug was
      needed and we fell into an embrace. I had ungloved my hands a while
      earlier and now was holding her two ungloved ones. Her skin was so
      soft. We took a moment to stare into each others eyes. We were about
      to kiss when we remembered of our surroundings.
      I coughed clearing my throat and they all understood what they had
      to do.
      "I-uh, need to do the dishes. My turn," Hank said as he walked away
      in a rush.
      "Promised to help Ororo in the garden," Jean said following Hank.
      The only person left was the Professor who sat in his wheelchair
      with the most amused expression on his face that I had ever seen.
      "And what's your excuse, Chuck?" I asked.
      "Paperwork. But don't worry. I'm leaving," he wheeled himself to the
      door but stopped to say, "Enjoy yourselves," before heading out.
      After making sure that they were gone by using my senses, we turned
      back to face each other.
      "Thank you, Logan," Marie said again looking into my eyes.
      "Don't mention it."
      `You know that this is going to be mah first real kiss. At least the
      first one without there being anything that goes on wrong right?" I
      nodded and then slowly we came closer together and we were kissing.
      It was short and soft and I made sure it would be very gentle.
      We pulled away and I swear I saw sparkles in her eyes.
      After gasping for a little air, we kissed again but this time more
      passionately. I guess we didn't know what we were doing since
      eventually I accidentally bumped into Einstien's cage.
      We pulled away from each other to look at Poor Einstein staring up
      at us. We just laughed.
      Marie looked at her watch and then said, "Look at the time. I have
      to find Bobby and talk to him before I loose him and I don't know
      where he is. I hate to leave during a moment like this but you
      understand, right? "
      "Sure. Go ahead."
      "Bye," she said giving me a small pack before turning to the
      door, "See ya later, sugah," she added before she left.
      There I was alone.
      `Life is good," I said as I gave Einstein a piece of celery before
      leaving.
      I was halfway down the hallway when I heard my name being called by
      a familiar voice that did not seem so happy.
      "LOOGGAAANNNN!!!!"
      "Well, well, well, if it isn't One-Eye," I said before turning
      around, "What do you want now?"
      "Stay away from Marie."
      "First stay away from your girl and now this? Whoa. No can do buddy.
      She's mine."
      "She's too young and you're-you're…,"
      "I'm what?" I asked sarcastically.
      "You-You are old! 50, 60, 70…Only God knows how old you are!!!"
      "Shouldn't you be complaining about yourself then?"
      "What?"
      "Well Jean is about 4 to God knows how many more years older than
      you, right?"
      "But it's different."
      "There's an age difference there still, isn't there? There's no
      difference."
      Ha-ha. Caught him.
      "Now if you don't mind, I'm in sort of a need for a gold ole' beer,"
      I said before walking down the hallway again.
      "Logan, wait."
      Oh great. Oh-so-fierce-leader One-Eye apparently now is a follower.
      "Now what?" I said stopping but not looking back.
      "Promise you won't hurt her. If you do I swear that you won't even
      know what that's going to make me do."
      I looked over my shoulder and said, "Promise, but I assure you that
      watching her is the last thing you should be concerned about doing
      right now. Taking care of her? That's my job."
      And with that I walked out and took an elevator to the main grounds.
      Now, I had a very important date with my good friend Molsen. I'm
      sure that Marie wouldn't mind.

      Author's Note: I'm not a Scott hater so please don't hurt me!