Some recs from fanfiction.net

  • rachel_martin64
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2004
      http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1729126
      Last Exit To Eden
      Minor Ramblings

      This is a Jean/Logan fic that I am really liking. In any J/L fic the
      author must somehow write Scott out of the picture, and I like the
      way the author has handled the situation in her story. In this story
      all three characters, Scott, Jean and Logan, retain their dignity.
      Scott is not a jerk, Jean is not a tramp, Logan is not a creep. In
      this AU, Jean doesn't die at Alkali -- Scott does. He never comes out
      from under Stryker's drug, and Jean is forced to kill him to save
      herself. Grieving and guilty, she leaves the mansion and wanders,
      eventually ending up in Canada. Logan goes after her. I like this
      Jean. The author takes the time and trouble to describe Jean's
      complicated feelings as she grieves for Scott and works through her
      guilt for having been attracted to Logan while Scott was alive, and
      for still being attracted to him. This is a WIP and Logan and Jean
      appear to be headed for an adventure in Nova Scotia. I am going to
      look forward to the next installment.

      http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1709029
      Rising to the Sunset
      By Aerial312

      This is a great Kitty story. She gets to shine in this one. Plot:
      Post X2, Scott thinks his psi-link with Jean is still active and that
      she is still alive. While everyone else thinks he's crazy and pities
      him, Kitty tries to piece together the scientific evidence that he's
      right. S/J, but a nice Kitty-Scott friendship story.

      http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1736355
      Queer Eye For the Mutant Guy
      liyah123
      A funny one. Logan gets a make-over. Logan's definitely in character.
      So are the boyz. The dialog cracks me up.

      http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1624205&chapter=1
      Survival or Life
      Ahra
      This one has Victor Creed (Sabertooth) as the main character, and
      believe it or not, it turns into slash, Victor/Scott. Okay, it's a
      very unusual pairing, but give it a chance. It's well-written and
      believable. I like the way the author writes Victor. He's not the big
      dope from the movie. Victor interacts with three OCs (troublemaker
      students) in a way that is very interesting to follow. I also like
      the way Ororo, Logan and Kurt react to Victor. Ororo isn't a
      cardboard cutout. She gets angry and accusing and says some mean
      things. She's human. Logan's interaction with Victor is also
      interesting.