Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] Scott? -- an answer :)

  • Kielle !
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2000
      >Hey, anyone know exactly why Scott has to wear those glasses all the time?
      >Did something happen, or is that just like a disguise?

      <G> I'll field this one: Scott was in a plane accident as
      a child -- he and his little brother Alex had to jump to safety
      on one parachute. Their parents were killed. (Okay, not exactly,
      but that's a whole 'nother can o' continuity worms, and we won't
      open it right now. Augh! Nooo! Not the Summer Family Tree! ;)
      As far as the kids and the world knew, the Summers parents were
      dead, and we'll leave it at that for now.)

      Anyhoo, poor lil Scotty struck his head hard on impact and was
      in a coma for weeks. When he later manifested those optic blasts,
      it turned out that he'd suffered damage to the part of his brain
      that would allow him to control those blasts. The only things
      that can contact his optic blast are his own skin (ie. his eyelids
      or his hands) or ruby quartz.

      It didn't get into it in the movie, but I hear that an origin
      scene was written for Scott and cut. Maybe it'll be on the DVD.
      Anyway, that's why Scott took out the train station skylight in
      the movie -- not because he was firing at Toad, but because Toad
      ripped off his glasses and he didn't get his eyes shut in time.

      Hope that helps!
      .-=K=-.