Fic "Trouble In Paradise" Logan/OC

  • "Sunshine"
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2004
      Trouble in Paradise

      Rated PG-13 for adult situations

      Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Marvel characters, however the
      creation of Danielle aka Panther is mine.

      Feedback: Please!

      deal with the aftermath caused by Mystique.

      Archiving: please with my permission - I would like to know where it's
      being saved.

      Danielle stood before Logan and sighed heavily. Her mind drifted to
      Mystique. After being held captive by the Brotherhood mutant,
      Danielle had been feeling at odds with herself and with Logan.

      She loved Logan deeply, but a part of her cringed at the thought of
      him spending intimate times with Mystique. Danielle had been
      confronted several times by Mystique after the incident. The blue
      mutant tormented her by telling of all the things she did with Logan –
      sexual things. Danielle never asked Logan what happened – she felt
      she didn't need to – the female scent of Mystique had been all over
      Logan when they reunited.

      "What's wrong, darlin'?" Logan would ask.

      Danielle would smile and not respond. She would go on with whatever
      she was doing or leave the room. Logan knew enough what was bothering
      her and he couldn't hide it – the blue mutant had taken advantage of
      him while in captivity and there was little he could do to stop it.
      He was cold to Mystique's advances, but the drugs she used left him
      wondering how far things actually went with her.

      Danielle was not in any way uncomfortable with herself or lacking any
      trust of Logan. She knew he had no choice – it was all a matter of
      survival. But, a part of her couldn't let go of the idea of him being
      with Mystique. She spent several nights sleeping alone either on one
      of the couches or even on the floor. It was hard for her to be near him.

      "I can still smell her on you," Danielle would say.

      "I'll take another shower, if it makes you happy," Logan would reply
      even though he had already taken several showers trying to rid himself
      of the offending scent.

      Jean watched the turmoil between Danielle and Logan. Danielle sat
      outside alone looking out at the sunset while Logan watched her from
      the window with a lonely and heavy heart.

      "Give her some time and space, Logan. She will come around," Jean said.

      "I wish I could get her to understand it didn't mean anything – what
      little that actually did happen. All I could think of was getting
      back to her," Logan said sadly.

      "She knows that. It's easy for you to turn off your emotions. You
      have done it for so long. Danielle is feeling a little uneasy. She
      just needs some time to come to grips with what happened," Jean said.

      Just then, Scott happened upon Logan and Jean. He and Jean were
      getting ready for an evening out.

      "Can I have a moment with Logan alone?" Scott asked Jean.

      "I'll wait for you in the car," she replied and patted Logan on his
      shoulder before leaving.

      "Danielle's still pissed about whatever she thinks happened," Scott said.

      "Yeah. I can't even get close without feelin' her wanting to pull
      away," Logan replied. "She's been avoiding me or sittin' quiet at her
      desk just totally into her horse model painting. Or, she goes outside
      and just sits with Jean Marie."

      "You know, as great a gal as Danielle is and how she does trust you
      completely, she's pretty upset. I don't think I have ever seen her so
      distant with you before," Scott said in observation.

      "She's so damned jealous. Damn it all, she won't even sleep in our
      bed. I'll find her on the freakin' floor curled up on the god damn
      rug," Logan barked.

      Scott tried not to laugh. It all was silly in his eyes, but Scott
      tried not to anger Logan.

      "You know, she won't even let me hug her. And, forget sex, man. It's
      been the constant headache thing for days now," Logan added angrily.

      That was the last straw. Scott lost it. He just couldn't help but
      burst out laughing. Logan looked at him obviously trying to restrain
      his rage.

      "I'm sorry, man. I don't mean to make fun, but I just can't believe
      she is being so tough over something you say didn't even happen,"
      Scott said jokingly.

      Logan looked outside again. He could sense Danielle was crying.

      "Damn it. I can't even go out there and talk to her. She just sucks
      it in and plays tough," Logan snarled.

      "Perhaps a little time away is what you both need. Sometimes it
      helps, Logan," Scott said. "But, don't go running off to Canada on
      her," he added.

      "You think maybe I could try sleepin' on the floor?" Logan asked.

      "Maybe you should. Just give her some distance. Don't do anything to
      set her off or provoke a confrontation. You two are both pretty
      hot-blooded and that could cause more damage than good," Scott replied.

      His advice seemed odd to Logan. He would rather confront the issue
      head on and beat it down instead of running away from it, as he would
      have done any time before. Scott walked outside and sat down by
      Danielle's side.

      "How's Jean Marie doing?" he asked.

      "She's in napping with Rogue," she replied.

      "And you?" Scott probed.

      Danielle didn't respond but the tears that began to well up in
      Danielle's eyes were enough of an answer for Scott.

      "You know, you have really been through a lot in the last couple of
      weeks," Scott suggested.

      "I need to get outta here for a bit - to clear my head," Danielle
      started to say.

      "You're going to leave Logan?" Scott asked.

      "No. I just want some time to myself. It's my fault. I shouldn't be
      feelin' this way, but I do and I need some time to work through it,"
      Danielle replied.

      "Seeing you torture yourself and Logan the way you are is not healthy.
      Look, I chatted with Logan and he feels terrible and is blaming
      himself. I kinda suggested the same thing to him - time apart. Maybe
      it would be a good thing. Take a week or two and chill," Scott said.

      Danielle sat deep in thought. Was she going to ruin what she had with
      Logan over her petty feelings? Was Logan indeed unfaithful to her?
      Did he feel some attraction for Mystique deep down in his heart? She
      did need some time away to think of what is important - her jealousy
      or Logan and Jean Marie.

      Scott gave her a hug before going inside with her. Logan was in their
      room laying on the bed - his arms crossed behind his head. Logan
      sadly watched as Danielle began to throw together an overnight bag,
      gathered up Jean Marie and started out the door.

      "Danielle, please wait," Logan said chasing after her.

      Jean had entered the hallway wondering what was keeping Scott. To her
      and Scott's surprise, Danielle turned to Logan and with tear filled
      eyes, she handed him his dog tag before turning to walk out the door.
      Logan wanted to go after her feeling a building rage in his heart and
      the alloy itching for release. He would never hurt her - it was only
      the stress of the moment and feeling like a frightened animal that
      stirred the reactions he was fighting to control.

      "Logan, let her go," Scott said holding Logan back. "It's best for
      both of you."

      As the door closed and Danielle ran down the walkway to her car, Logan
      stood silent and peered down at the dog tag in his hand.

      "She has never taken this off since the day I gave to her," he said sadly.

      "She's still wearing her wedding band, Logan. That's a good thing,"
      Scott said.

      "Logan, would you come into my office?" Charles asked.

      Logan followed the professor and took a seat in one of the chairs in
      front of his desk.

      "There is going to be a gathering of sorts on Liberty Island. It has
      been several years now, but the world leaders are hoping to get
      together again for negotiations concerning mutant freedom. It has
      been requested by the United States President that we attend as guests
      of honor," Charles started.

      "Really? I guess that means I have no choice in having to be there,"
      Logan replied.

      "I know you don't care for large crowds, but this would be a very
      important appearance," Charles said.

      "Do I have to wear a suit?" Logan asked.

      "No. The Team will be in uniform – sort of a way of making the public
      aware of us," Charles responded.

      "Sounds cool," Logan replied. (Damned black suits.)

      "The children will be providing some of the entertainment. Danielle
      has agreed to provide the music with her band. We all know how much
      she loves to sing and dance. I just wanted to prepare you
      beforehand," Charles said.

      Logan hung his head down. It had been two weeks since she left to
      stay with Yulanda in Connecticut and he had been miserable without her
      and his daughter. The mention of Danielle's name hit a nerve and
      Xavier sensed it without even having to enter Logan's troubled mind.

      "You miss her," Xavier said.

      Logan looked up at Charles. The expression on his face was of hidden
      pain and restrained rage.

      "Logan, she loves you. Just be patient. She will come around,"
      Charles said.

      "You sound like Jean," Logan said softly.

      "She will be fine. She knows you were forced into a situation,"
      Charles replied.

      "You think she'll ever get over it?" Logan asked.

      "I know she will. She's a tough girl," Charles replied.

      The party on Liberty Island was full of fun, laughter, and a coming
      together of mutants and humans. Danielle led the children of the
      Xavier school in a series of dance numbers set to the music of N'Sync.
      The members of the X Team were on public display and showing how they
      posed no threat to the public and would always be around to help in
      times of need.

      Logan stood off to the side - his mind obviously on other things
      besides the party and questions from the world leaders. He watched
      Danielle - she had changed a bit. She had cut and dyed her hair a
      soft blonde - somewhat conservative yet with a hint of spice.

      "Hey, you all right?" a soft feminine voice asked.

      Logan turned around when Marie's hand grasped his shoulder. He then
      looked off into the direction of Danielle on stage with the young kids.

      "You two still not talkin'?" Marie asked.

      "Nope," Logan responded blankly.

      "I think ya ought to just go to her and make her talk to ya," Marie said.

      "She hates me enough as is, Marie. I ain't gonna rock the boat,"
      Logan replied before walking off. Jean saw his expression and
      approached Marie.

      "I think it is time to intervene," Jean said to Marie.

      "I think yer right. Both of them are so stubborn," Marie replied.

      Danielle and the children returned to Charles. There were several
      tables set aside for them and ice cream and soda was served for a job
      well done. Logan watched Danielle from a distance as she answered
      questions from some of the delegates. Her feline instincts had made
      her aware of his eyes peering at her and she could smell his scent
      riding in the cool night breeze. When she finished answering the
      questions, Jean confronted her.

      "How are you doing?" Jean said as she hugged Danielle in greeting.

      "Fine. Tired, excited, energized - scared," Danielle replied.

      "You look really good - refreshed and rested," Jean said while pulling
      at a lock of Danielle's hair. She had a more sophistocated style
      about her. Yulanda approached them carrying Jean Marie.

      "Thanks," Danielle said as she took the child in her arms. Her eyes
      drifted off into Logan's direction.

      "Have you talked with him yet?" Jean asked.

      "No. I ... I did miss him, Jean," Danielle replied with a trembling

      "I know you needed time to think, but I hate to say that I believe you
      were being a little too hard on Logan," Jean said.

      Danielle looked to her and then in Logan's direction. He looked so
      sad wanting to be with her.

      "I just can't get the thought out of my mind," Danielle said.

      "You know he would never have done anything intentional. Logan's too
      honorable to be unfaithful," Jean replied.

      Danielle looked to him again as tears welled up in her eyes. Jean put
      her hand on Danielle's shoulder to comfort her.

      "I know you are right. I really feel it is time we move on. I do
      love him and I do know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me or Jean
      Marie," Danielle said.

      Yulanda stood by her friend and Danielle leaned into her embrace.

      "The first thing to do is go talk to him," Yulanda said taking Jean
      Marie away from her.

      Danielle walked over to the stone fence looking out at the large
      crowd. Silently, Danielle called for him – the toss of her hair and
      the way she looked at him was all he needed to understand. Logan
      slowly approached her. He was cautious but could sense her desire to
      be near him even though she had obviously been crying again.

      She took in a deep breath.

      "You look so sexy in that uniform," Danielle said of the skintight
      black leather X Team jumpsuit.

      She continued to look out over the crowd without turning around. His
      gloved hands grasped her shoulders gently massaging the tension away.
      Danielle closed her eyes as his arms wrapped around her midsection.
      She could feel him standing close and Danielle leaned into him
      enjoying his embrace. The tears continued to pour forth. She did
      miss her Wolverine.

      Danielle turned to face Logan. His eyes drifted over her feminine
      form and then he wiped away the tears running down her cheeks. He
      took her hand slowly. She grasped tightly and could feel him
      trembling. It was like a first date - the first time holding hands.
      Logan began to wonder what his first date may have been like - if it
      was as awkward as he felt now. Those memories were lost to him.
      Then, he wondered why he felt so nervous to the point of obvious
      trembling. How could he feel so uncomfortable? This was his woman -
      his lover, chosen life partner, and the mother of his most precious

      He pulled her close. Logan strongly kissed her as his hands grasped
      her sides. Danielle's body began screaming for Logan's touch. She
      could feel herself going limp under the forceful command of Wolverine.
      He pulled back and looked deep into her eyes.

      "I love ya, darlin'," Logan said softly.

      "I know. I love ya too," Danielle replied.

      She kissed him again as they both let their passions be known.

      "Can ya eva forgive me for bein' such a bitch?" Danielle asked.

      Logan pulled back and looked sarcastically puzzled.

      "Logan?!" Danielle questioned emphatically and with a hint of fear.

      "I suppose I can forgive ya," he said softly.

      In the distance, the Xavier residents watched as Logan and Danielle
      finally interacted.

      "Hey, look – Logan's making up with Danielle," Bobby said to Marie,
      Jubilee and John.

      Logan pulled a yellow daisy from one of the planters and tucked it
      into Danielle's hair.

      "I guess I had trouble putting the thought of you and Mystique out of
      my mind," Danielle said.

      "It meant nothing. Hell, woman, she didn't get to do more than kiss
      me and try to get me to...ya know. I wouldn't – no matter what," he said.

      "She told me otherwise," Danielle replied.

      "Ya know she's lyin'," Logan retorted.

      Danielle looked deep into his eyes where she could see right into his
      soul. His arms pulled her close embracing her tightly. Danielle held
      on not wanting to let go.

      "Yer all I need – you, me, and Jean Marie," Logan said.

      The entire X Team seemed to collectively sigh in relief as Logan
      kissed Danielle. The feelings of deep love and passion ebbed through
      them. Jean brought their daughter over reuniting the entire family.
      The child reached out for her father as Logan took his little girl.
      Yulanda came by.

      "Hi, Logan. She misses her daddy," she said.

      "I missed you too, little darlin'," Logan said taking his daughter
      into his arms.

      "Ya know, you three look like the perfect family," Yulanda said in

      Logan leaned into Danielle - he had his two most important girls with
      him now.

      "Why don't I take the baby for the night. You two need some time
      alone," Yulanda said as she reached out for Jean Marie. Logan let his
      daughter go and both he and Danielle watched as Yulanda took Jean
      Marie down the walkway.

      "We have had some rough times, haven't we?" Logan asked.

      "Yes, we have," Danielle replied. "What are we gonna do now?"

      Logan slyly looked around before kissing Danielle again.

      "I can think of a few things," he said sarcastically.

      Danielle took the hint and leaped into his arms again. They smothered
      each other with kisses as Danielle backed him away from the fence. He
      looked curiously at her as she took his hand and quickly escorted him
      away from the crowd. Finding a more secluded place, Danielle turned
      to Logan. She laid her hands on his chest and pushed him to sit down.
      He didn't fight her, especially when she straddled his lap and began
      kissing him under his neck as her hand slowly unzipped the X Man jumpsuit.

      "Has anyone seen Danielle?" Professor Xavier asked.

      "Logan seems to be missing as well," Scott said.

      "I was just with them," Yulanda said. "I'm taking J.M. home so they
      could spend some time together."

      Jean and Rogue both looked at each other and giggled softly. They
      knew what had to be going on.

      "Oh, God, Danielle. You really know how to turn me on," Logan said
      through labored breaths.

      "Anything for my Wolverine," she replied before returning to her
      pleasurable work.

      After a bit, Logan and Danielle returned to the party. Several
      reporters flew over with cameras.

      "Danielle, can we get a few pictures?" one reporter asked.

      "Sure. And the name's Panther," Danielle replied.

      "Hey, give us a sexy pose - something hot and spicy," another reporter

      "Wolverine, we understand you were part of some underground military
      movement in Canada. Can you give us some details," a third reporter

      "How the hell did you hear about that?" Logan snarled.

      "No comment, dude," Danielle quickly interupted.

      Danielle leaned against Logan - they stood back to back and both
      mutants extended thier claws posing for the reporters.

      "So, what's the story with you two?" a female reporter asked.

      "He's mine, chickie. All mine," Danielle replied.

      "Yer so damned jealous," Logan said softly.

      Danielle smiled a half smile before returning her full attention to
      the camera.

      Back at the mansion, Danielle stepped over near the window. She sat
      down and looked outside and enjoyed the thought that she was home and
      had just been made love to by her Wolverine. Logan watched her in
      silence, and then he walked over to her. His firm hands kneaded her
      naked shoulders. She looked up to him and then back outside again.
      He walked over to the tape player and put on a song.

      Danielle looked to him as he walked back over. She stood up and he
      took her in his arms. Slowly and gently, they moved together dancing
      to the lyrics of Cher.

      Well here we are again
      I guess it must be fate
      We've tried it on our own
      But deep inside we've known
      We'd be back to set things straight

      I still remember when
      Your kiss was so brand new
      Every memory repeats
      Every step I take retreats
      Every journey always
      Brings me back to you

      After all the stops and starts
      We keep coming back to these two hearts
      Two angels who've been rescued from the fall
      And after all that we've been through
      It all comes down to me and you
      I guess it's meant to be
      Forever you and me