FIC: X-Book 2 Shadows and Steel, PG-13, Epilogue

  • Kathleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2004
      Title: X-Book 2: Shadows and Steel - Epilogue

      By: Kath713/Leen713

      Rating: PG-13 (violence, language)

      Genre: Crossover, SPOILERS FOR X2

      story.

      Reviews: Any feedback would be great and is appreciated!

      ***

      Epilogue

      <<Prepare...the time is coming to surrender what I've asked for.>>

      Xavier inhaled sharply as the strange voice filled his mind. He
      frowned and leaned forward slightly as his hand reached his temple.
      No one noticed his distraction, as Xavier's face remained even and
      calm. He listened, but the thought did not come again.

      The words had been cold, and Xavier struggled to suppress a shiver.
      The voice had been sane, but cruel, almost inhuman. He focused his
      mind on the voice and tried to send a reply.

      <<Prepare for what?>> He thought, to no one specifically but he knew
      if the speaker's mind had reached him, he would be able to reach
      them.

      There was a new sense of cold, so biting Xavier began to massage his
      temple with his fingertips. Then, with frightening clarity, there
      was a response.

      <<Do not interfere, Charles. Or be certain, you will lose more than
      one taken by the Sentinel tonight.>>

      Then, the presence was gone and Xavier exhaled slowly. He had
      listened to thousands of minds in his lifetime, probably millions,
      but no voice mutant or human had ever been so hateful, so dangerous.

      Xavier glanced around the jet at the others and frowned deeply. A
      strong, unconquerable determination fell across his face. He did
      not know who the speaker was, but Charles Xavier was not going to
      allow this new danger bring harm to those he cared about. He had
      been helpless before, but there was no force acting on his will now.

      With one clear thought ringing in his mind, Charles Xavier replied
      once again to the stranger's voice.

      <<One life or one hundred, threaten them again, and my interference
      will be only the first reason you have to fear me.>>

      The windows of the jet reverberated slightly as the thought echoed
      from Xavier's mind.

      ...and somewhere in the wilderness, a strange man, who was not a
      man, rose into the night sky and headed towards Stryker's base, a
      fresh frost covering the land as his passed overhead...

      A storm is coming.

      ***

      Author's notes: Yay, finally onto book 3. Just want to run down
      the crossovers, and again I DON'T own any characters from Marvel or
      any other universe that's been drawn into this story.

      Movie - "The Prophecy" (Mary, featured more in book 1)

      Book/Movie - "The Firestarter" by S.King (the main character here is
      Sid and Rebecca's mother, who has not been located by anyone for
      about 8 years)

      Movie - "Firestarter 2" (really has nothing to do with book, just
      the first movie, but did base how Rebecca looks on the girl who
      plays Charlene McGee in this movie. For my story I'm assuming
      Charlene McGee would look more like a grown up version of Drew
      Berrymore in movie 1 (that is if she shows up :-)

      T.V. - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (Little Harmony reference,
      Sebastian's a vampire and more Watcher's Council)

      Movie - "Dogma" (still very small reference)

      Movie - "Virtuosity" (THIS is how Sid looks. Suits, slick hair,
      attitude, though not the same weird android serial killer character
      but I like the nickname. Oh, yeah and the fact that he is Russell
      Crowe. :-) Watch the movie and you'll understand the 'glass'
      mutation thing.)

      Movie - "Storm of the Century" (Be it known, I am a Stephen King
      movies fan. Love cheesy horror movies, can't help it. Though this
      movie is pretty freaky, and main bad guy scared the hell out of me
      and my roommates in college.)

      Woo...it's getting crowded in here.