After the Fall, Series Information (Movieverse, X2 spoilers)

  • Mo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2004
      Series Information for After the Fall

      Fandom: X-Men Movieverse

      Series Title: After the Fall

      Scenario: This story series takes place shortly after
      the end of X2: X-Men United and draws upon the two
      X-Men movies as its canon. I use some characters and
      concepts from the comics and other sources (e.g. the
      novelization of the first movie) but feel bound only
      to be consistent with what�s portrayed in the movies
      themselves.

      Rating: This series is rated NC/17 because it
      contains explicit descriptions of sexual activity.

      Disclaimer: The X-Men belong to Marvel. The movies
      belong to Fox. I get no monetary reward from writing
      these stories, just enjoyment.

      Archiving and Forwarding: Certainly, just ask.
      Alternate file formats available upon request.

      Feedback: Yes, please! Write to me at
      mogbrg@...

      Note to Readers of My Prior Stories: This series
      starts from scratch. It is out of continuity with my
      other fiction, which was based only on the first
      movie. I use some of the same ideas and elements I�ve
      used before (e.g. Scott is still an English teacher)
      but many of the characters and relationships are
      different than they were in my previous fiction.
      Remember: none of that stuff in the other stories has
      happened.

      Note on Literature Referenced in the Series: As my
      Scott is an English teacher, my fiction tends to be
      full of literary quotes and allusions. More
      information on the literature referenced in the
      stories can be found, with urls to read the works
      themselves, in a separate literature guide I will post
      at the end of the series. It contains spoilers, so
      should be read after the series itself.

      One More Note: I wrote a one-shot short story called
      �After the Fall� for the XMMFF list last May. This
      series is an expansion on the ideas in that story and
      the first story in the series is based on that one.
      It has changed quite a bit, though.

      Acknowledgements: Big thanks to Kay, Mon and
      Shadowscast, for all their help and encouragement as I
      was writing. They caught errors, gave ideas, and
      improved the stories. Mistakes are mine alone.
      Thanks as well to Sam Walker, for all the nifty
      Vermont information and to RGB, for letting me use her
      house in Peru (although it's changed so much I doubt
      she'll recognize it). Thanks also to Nancy the Web
      Goddess who has returned and has been spiffing up my
      website!

      Website: All my stories are archived on my website at
      www.angelfire.com/comics/mo and this one will be, too.
      There's also a links page there and some thoughts on
      slash and other topics.