Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] Scott?

  • Quai-Dian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2000
      > Hey, anyone know exactly why Scott has to wear those glasses all the time?
      > Did something happen, or is that just like a disguise? Cuz I could swear I
      > rememberes that something had happened. :P Me also has a very bad emeory. i
      > cant even remember what I ate for dinner last night. Errr....
      > Oh, and both of those fics were really good! I liked them alot... maybe I'm
      > biased 'cuz I like Logan and Rogue, but oh well. They were still really
      > really well written.
      > And misty, i love the layout of your page! it was so purty! and not
      > complicated, either. :)

      Scott has to wear the glasses/visor with ruby quartz lenses
      to control his optic blasts. Without them he wouldn't be
      able to open his eyes because he lacks (or lost, I'm not
      sure which) the ability to control the blasts himself.
      Basically, his eyes ALWAYS emit red laser beams and ruby
      quartz is the only thing that can keep the energy from
      discharging. Does that help?

      --
      Quai-Dian

      Wolverine: So read my mind.
      Jean Grey: I'd rather not.
      Wolverine: Why? Afraid you might like it?

      -- X-Men, the Movie
    • Cookie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2000
        Hi
        Scott wears the glasses as his mutant power is optic blasts and just
        like Rogue he cant control them so he wears these special glasses which are
        ruby cortz that the blast can't pass through. If I remember his power kicked
        in when he and his family where in a plane accident hope that helps.

        Cookie

        Daniel@...

        > Hey, anyone know exactly why Scott has to wear those glasses all the time?
        > Did something happen, or is that just like a disguise? Cuz I could swear I
        > rememberes that something had happened. :P Me also has a very bad emeory.
        > cant even remember what I ate for dinner last night. Errr....
        > Oh, and both of those fics were really good! I liked them alot... maybe
        I'm
        > biased 'cuz I like Logan and Rogue, but oh well. They were still really
        > really well written.
        > And misty, i love the layout of your page! it was so purty! and not
        > complicated, either. :)
        >
        > Ashley

      • Themis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2000
          Hi Ashley:

          Scott wears those glasses all the time cuz he can't control his powers. Hope
          that helps.

          Themis

          > Hey, anyone know exactly why Scott has to wear those glasses all the time?
          > Did something happen, or is that just like a disguise? Cuz I could swear I
          > rememberes that something had happened. :P Me also has a very bad emeory. i
          > cant even remember what I ate for dinner last night. Errr....
          > Oh, and both of those fics were really good! I liked them alot... maybe I'm
          > biased 'cuz I like Logan and Rogue, but oh well. They were still really
          > really well written.
          > And misty, i love the layout of your page! it was so purty! and not
          > complicated, either. :)
          >
          > Ashley

          I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is
          our friend.
          -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy