Fic: "Kneeling Demon" (1/1) PG-13 [Scott/Jean]

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2004
      Kneeling Demon
      By Nadja Lee 12/18/03

      Disclaimer: “X-men” and all the characters here belong to Marvel , 20 Century Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.

      Timeline: AU

      Universe: Set in an AU.

      Pairing: mild Scott/Jean

      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.

      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@....

      Rating: PG-13

      Warning: This takes a spin on Christian religion. If that might offend you then don’t read this.

      Many thanks to Dee Dee for great and fast beta *hugs*.

      Comparison piece to “Salvation”.

      * * *

      He’s an angel. I’ve seen him descend from up high, his wings spread out, all dressed in white. It’s an amazing sight…a humbling sight.

      It’s strange how things can change in just a few years. Before I turned 15, my greatest concern was my hair and make-up. I was doing great in school and was very popular. I had always wanted to become a doctor and my life had been all planned out. Then disaster struck and my whole life fell to pieces. My body began to change swiftly…betraying me in every way. I used to be so beautiful, everyone always told me so. Now…Now I looked like a monster or a devil with red glowing eyes, sharp teeth and even a tail. I couldn’t continue school…I couldn’t go anywhere. My family stayed with me and for that I’ll be forever grateful but I could still see the hint of fear in their eyes, the doubt. They didn’t know what was happening to me and neither did I. My father had always been a reasonable man and suspected a mutation of sorts; there had been rumors about mutated children but my mom was a religious woman who had a very hard time with the fact that her oldest daughter looked like a dark blue demon. After I turned 18 I ran away. My home had become my prison and I couldn’t take it anymore. I wandered about in the streets, trying to stay to the dark, always hiding my body in lots of clothes and wearing large capes and hoods. The only time I was ever glad for how I now looked was when someone tried to grab me…one look at my face and they ran away in fear.

      Slowly burning out, falling towards a slow hell I was sure this would be my end. For some crime even I didn’t know I had committed I had been cursed and reduced to this…Homeless, alone…Abandoned and feared. Then He came. An angel in the truest sense of the word. He was as beautiful as I’m not. Large white wings, a kind face with warm eyes and soft dark sandy hair. He was amazing. He flew down to me while I was walking down a deserted alley. Floating a few feet above ground He reached out His hand to me and simply asked me if I wanted to come with Him. Without hesitation I laid my hand in His and He flew away with me.

      I know I shouldn’t love Him in the way that I do. He’s an angel…our leader. But I can’t help it. Amongst Him and his I’m not feared…I’ve found a new home and something to fight for. Still, only ever in His eyes do I see love…do I see the absence of fear, disgust and hesitation. The others here are kind but they cannot hide the glimmer of hesitation in their eyes. Only ever in His eyes do I feel human again. He’s my Savior in every sense of the word and I cannot help but to give Him my heart and my soul.

      I see Him now, walking through our camp and His followers separate before Him like water before Moses. Looking at Him spellbinds me and as He’s to pass me I fall on bended knee like the others for before an angel even demons kneel. He takes me under the chin so I can look up and into his eyes and he smiles at me. Be blessed, He says before He moves on and a smile stays on my lips for hours. He cares for me; I know He does. Yet He’s an angel…He’s a God. Though my love will remain a distant worship then I know it will stay forever.

      After all isn’t the First Commandment that you shall love your God? And that I do…that I do. Always.

      The End

      Author’s notes:

      It was hopefully clear that Jean had Kurt’s powers and Scott had Warren’s.