Fic: When Tough Little Boys Grow Up To Be Dads...(1/1)

  • Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      Rating: PG at most

      Author: Megan Harrell, meganharrell76@...

      Disclaimer: I don't own them, and I don't own the song. Maddie is my
      wishful thinking...

      Character Focus: Logan/Wolverine

      Little Boys" by Gary Allen. My take on if Logan were a dad. Since
      this is movieverse and I'm a Logan/Jean fan, the mother is Jean, but
      you could sub whatever female in that you wish.

      Author's Notes: I didn't start at the very beginning of the song,
      just the part where it starts talking about him being a dad. Also, I
      know the song says the little girl has blonde curls, but Jean has
      red hair and Logan has brown hair, so their kid more than likely
      have brown hair if you follow the genetics pattern, because red hair
      is recessive and brown hair is dominate...well, you get the idea; I
      won't give a genetics lesson.

      ~~~Scared me to death
      When you took your first steps
      And I'd fall everytime you fell down
      Your first day of school, I cried like a fool
      And I followed your school bus to town
      Well I didn't cry, when Old Yeller died
      At least not in front of my friends
      But when tough little boys grow up to be dads
      They turn into big babies again

      Well I'm a grown man
      And as strong as I am
      Sometimes its hard to believe
      That one little girl, with little blonde curls
      Could totally terrify me
      If you were to ask
      My wife would just laugh
      She'd say "I know all about men
      How when tough little boys grow up to be dads
      They turn into big babies again"

      Well I know one day, I'll give you away
      And I'm gonna stand there and smile
      And when I get home, and I'm all alone
      Well, I'll sit in your room for a while
      Well I didn't cry when Old Yeller died
      At least not in front of my friends
      But when tough little boys grow up to be dads
      They turn into big babies again
      When tough little boys grow up to be dads
      They turn into big babies again.~~~

      Logan walked over to where his daughter was playing in her playpen.
      He stood there, watching her, until she reached her little arms up,
      asking to be picked up. "Dada, up!" she demanded.

      He grinned. "Okay, Maddie, okay," he picked her up and gave her a
      hug.

      She gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek. "Tickles," she laughed
      patting his cheeks.

      He grinned again. If anyone would have told him 5 years ago that
      he'd end up winning Jean over, convince her to marry him, and have a
      baby with her, he would have laughed and called them crazy; now his
      life revolved around Jean and Maddie.

      Jean and Logan were both still members of the X-Men, but Jean seldom
      went out on field missions unless she was flying the jet or her
      powers were directly needed, and even then she was more careful.
      Even Logan was a bit more careful and not as wreckless.

      Logan sat down on the floor with his daughter and let her down to
      explore. She crawled off to the bed and grabbed the side, trying to
      pull herself up. She finally managed it and slowly turned around,
      facing her father. She took a tentative step toward him, still
      holding onto the bed. She took another step before having to let go.
      She stood there looking around for a second before plopping back
      down to the floor. The look on her face was priceless; she crawled
      back over to the bed and pulled herself up again. She let go and
      turned around facing him again, and took a small step toward him.

      "Jean! Jean!" Logan called for his wife.

      She ran out of the bathroom, her hair still wet and wrapped in a
      bathrobe. "What? Is Maddie okay?" she asked worriedly.

      "Come here; I think you'll want to see this," he stretched out his
      hand and helped her sit on the floor beside him. "She's trying to
      walk."

      Both parents watched their daughter as she took her first steps
      toward them before falling down again. With a stubborness and
      persistence she got from both parents, she crawled back over to the
      bed, pulled herself up again, and tried again; this time she made it
      all the way to her parents.

      "Yay!" she squealed excitedly.

      "Maddie, that was amazing!" Jean said, hugging her daughter.

      "You were so good," he tickled his daughter, getting a giggle from
      her before she squirmed out of Jean's arms and crawled away.

      Jean looked at Logan and smiled; she saw the his eyes a little teary
      and took his hand. "She's growing up so fast."

      Logan looked at her and stood, helping her up after him. "I know;
      before you know it, she'll start school, and then her powers will
      develop..." he trailed off, hugging Jean.

      "And then she'll get married," Jean smiled.

      Logan looked down at her and shook his head. "Oh, no. No, that's
      where I draw the line; she's not going out with boys until she's my
      age," Logan insisted firmly.

      "Come on, Logan; even you don't know how old you are," Jean said,
      smiling, rubbing his chest.

      "Exactly. I know how guys are," Logan started.

      "And yet I managed to get you to settle down," Jean finished,
      knowing he was about to say how guys just wanted to get girls into
      bed. And though Jean knew Logan had quite a few flings before he met
      her, she still got jealous when she heard about them, even though
      Logan was committed to her.

      "Well, you just happened to be the right woman for me."

      "My point exactly;" Jean stated, resting her head on his chest. They
      stood that way a few minutes in silence, holding onto each other and
      watching their daughter play. "I don't want to scare you, but I saw
      some floating toys in her playpen yesterday," Jean said softly.

      "Great, another telepath," Logan teased.

      "You got a problem with telepaths," she looked up at him. She had to
      admit, she still enjoyed the playful banter between them, and was
      glad they hadn't lost it when Maddie was born.

      "No, of course not," he grinned, kissing her.

      She pulled away smiling. "I have a small confession; I exagerated a
      bit; I only saw one floating toy; it was outside her playpen, and I
      guess she really wanted it. Before I realized what was happening,
      the toy was floating over to her."

      "Guess we don't have to wonder who's power she got," Logan said,
      pulling Jean back to him and rubbing her back.

      "Guess so," she was silent for a few more moments before pulling
      away to look up in his eyes. "How would you feel about another
      little one?" she asked softly.

      "Are you saying you want to try to get pregnant?" he replied.

      "No," she answered, seeing disappointment on his face. She smiled
      before adding, "I'm already pregnant."

      He picked her up and spun her around, kissing her. "You're pregnant?
      We're going to have another baby?" he grinned.

      "I take it you're happy," she smiled, wrapping her arms around his
      neck, playing with his hair.

      "Darlin' that's the biggest understatment of the century," he said
      softly, leaning down to kiss her.

      Maddie turned and saw her parents kissing. She crawled over and
      tugged on both their pant legs. "Mommy, Daddy, kiss! Me too!" she
      said.

      Jean pulled away and smiled at Logan. "Okay, Munchkin," she leaned
      down and picked her up, kissing her cheek. Sure you want to do this
      again? she sent him.

      Oh yeah, he answered back, pulling Jean into a hug with Maddie in
      the middle.

      "Down!" Maddie demanded.

      Logan took her from Jean and kissed her cheek before setting her
      back on the ground. He pulled Jean close again, smelling the sweet
      scent of her shampoo. "What do you say we have our own little
      celebration tonight?" he said whispered seductively in her ear.

      "I'm sure I can manage to convince Storm to watch Maddie tonight,"
      Jean grinned. Not that it would take much convincing; Storm adored
      Maddie. "What did you have in mind?"

      "Some dinner, some music, a nice hotel room a little drive from
      here..." Logan started.

      Jean didn't have to read his mind to know what else he had up his
      sleeve, and trembled at the thought. "Why don't I go see what Storm
      is doing the rest of the day?" Jean pulled away and went to get
      dressed.

      Logan looked back to his daughter and smiled, thinking about the day
      when Maddie would start school, the day he knew he'd have to let his
      daughter go be happy with the man of her dreams, and he got teary
      eyed again. Then he thought about the new baby Jean was carrying,
      and was overjoyed at having another child to watch grow up; he knew
      it would be the same story with this baby.

      "I guess even tough, macho guys get all mushy when they turn into
      dads," Jean said softly, kissing him before leaving to find Storm.

      Logan simply nodded as a stray tear slid down his cheek. In a few
      years, he would be sending Maddie off to school, and his new baby
      would probably start walking. He then smiled and moved to play with
      his daughter while she still wanted to be around her old man.
      What do you say? Do you guys want a sequel? Feedback is appreciated.