Alles ändert sich (8/26) Bobby, X2

  • ~Robin Elizabeth~
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2003
      Title: Alles ändert sich
      Author: Prinzessin Robin Elizabeth
      Email: princeza_9@...
      Feedback: Yes, please!
      Disclaimer: Only the plot is mine, the characters belong to Marvel and
      whoever else that aren’t me.
      Just after X2.
      A/N: Alles ändert sich is German (loosely) translated as everything changes.

      Chapter 8: The Plans of Mice & Men often go awry…

      “John!” Bobby snapped. “Keep going.”

      “Yeah, sorry. It’s just that I’m tired and…”

      “I know, but you have to stay awake. You were out for a while. You probably
      have a concussion. Just keeping talking.”

      “This was supposed to be it.”

      “Be what?”

      “The big finale. What finally did the X-Men in. But I messed it up.”

      “How do you mean?”

      “Magneto knew the professor would find out about the forest fire plan. In
      fact, he was planning on that, and also planning on you coming. I was
      supposed to have a large fire already started by the time you got here. He
      figured that the X-Men would split into two groups, one would go inside and
      the other would try to fight the fire. Magneto and Mystique would take care
      of one group and I was supposed to catch the other in the fire.”

      “Then what?”

      “I was up on the roof, but I couldn’t start the fire. I just couldn’t bring
      myself to burn the forest. Call it conscience, or whatever. But since
      there was no fire, the whole X-Men team went inside to face off with Magneto
      and Mystique. That’s probably why they weren’t interested in making sure I
      got out safely before the bomb went off.”

      “You knew about the bomb?”

      “Yeah. It was supposed to be for ‘emergency’ use. It must’ve been some
      emergency if they set it off.”

      Bobby didn’t answer and didn’t press John to continue because he found a way
      outside. All he had to do was use his powers to make a slide, and then he
      and John could get out of the building.

      He knocked the remaining shards of glass from the window frame, and then
      placed his hands on the edge of the blown out window, forming a slide two
      floors down to the ground. He went back to John, kneeling by his friend’s
      side.

      “John?”

      “Still awake, sort of,” John answered, opening his eyes.

      “I found a way out, but I’m not sure how good it will be for you,” Bobby
      said, pointing over to the window.

      “Don’t worry about me. I’d rather suffer out there than in here.”

      John tried to sit up, but couldn’t on his own. Bobby saw that and moved in
      back of John so his friend leaned against him. Then Bobby helped John to
      his feet, supporting most of his weight as they walked over to the window.

      “Now how are we going to do this?” Bobby asked himself aloud.

      “You go first and I follow,” John suggested.

      “That’s the problem. I don’t think that would work. But neither would you
      going first,” Bobby replied, then thought for a moment. “I do have an
      idea.”

      It was difficult, but Bobby managed to get himself down while helping John.
      On the ground, they saw that the X-Men’s jet was gone, like they expected.

      *~*~*
      Ante Razov: On FIRE! http://anterazovfanclub.shorturl.com or
      http://www.geocities.com/anterazovfanclub

      And all of your weight
      All you dream
      Falls on me it falls on me
      And your beautiful sky
      The light you bring
      Falls on me it falls on me
      ~~Fuel "Falls on Me"~~

      "Ich gehe mit, wenn sie mich nicht anketten. Einer mit Verstand muss in der
      Gruppe sein."
      ~~Pippin "Herr der Ringe"~~

      Schützen Sie Ihren Posteingang vor unerwünschten E-Mails.
      http://www.msn.de/antispam/prevention/junkmailfilter Schluß mit Spam - MSN
      hilft Ihnen hier weiter.