FIC: Seasons of Growth Chapter 27

  • novemberotica@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2003
      Title: Seasons of Growth
      Chapter 27: The Tree I Planted

      Author: November Tuesday

      Email: novemberotica@...

      Rating: NC-17 for sexy stuff

      Continuity: Series begins 3 years after X1.

      Disclaimer: Marvel, Fox, Brian Singer yadda yadda yaddaÂ…

      Archive: Sure, and if it's someplace other than list archives, please
      let me know.

      Feedback: is making me high. Thank you.

      Author's Notes: Please don't bitch at me for the pairings or angst
      in this one. In ten chapters you'll be singing my praises, I promise!

      "This thorn in my side is from the tree I planted."
      --Metallica

      He ran his fingers through his hair and went back inside. Jubilee and
      John were playing against Storm and Bobby. Rogue and Carter were
      nowhere to be found.

      "Where'd Marie go?" he asked Jubilee.

      "Oh, she and Carter took a cab back." Jubilee said. She knew full
      well what effect that had on him.
      He felt the blood drain out of his face and he fought the urge to pop
      his claws. "Are they like an item or somethin`?"

      "Not really. Why, are you interested?"

      "He's not really my type," Logan said with a smirk.

      "Logan, you need to either shit or get off the pot." She said, as if
      she were the sage adult and he were a wayward child. You little
      yellow bitch, he thought.

      He was angry because he knew she was right.

      He growled and walked out of the bar. It was ten blocks to his
      studio.

      .
      Rogue was drunk, very happily drunk, and for just a short while she
      wanted to go with it and forget how beautiful Logan had looked this
      evening.

      Carter's hand was on her naked breast, calloused, nails softly
      tracing the curve of her nipple.

      Good. Heat. She wanted to forget.

      "Rogue, you look so hot."

      "Hmm, you too." In the candlelight of his room he looked darkly
      beautiful. She rubbed her thumb along his full lower lip and pulled
      him in for a hard kiss. "Hmmm, fuck me Carter."

      "With pleasure."

      She knew that she was using him, but as he thrust into her he didn't
      mind. He knew it, knew her feelings for Logan, even. She didn't want
      to think about any of it though. She focused on individual
      sensations, trying hard to exist in sensation only.

      He was thrusting hard, rough, stirring her inside. She closed her
      eyes and her head tossed back and forth on the pillow. She reached
      down and touched herself.

      "God, you look so hot when you do that!" he gasped. She smiled. She
      felt her orgasm build and heighten.

      Suddenly she was imagining that it was Logan, the body moving in hers
      bigger, heavier, voice deeper. If she closed her eyes and thought
      really hard she could. He was hitting that spot inside her just
      right, and her fingers quickened.

      Fucking her. Logan. Those long tight legs. Logan. His face, his skin,
      his hair.

      She bit her lip to keep from calling out that name and then she
      finally peaked and fell deep into mindlessness.

      She clenched and bucked around him and Carter went over the edge too.

      After, she stroked his hair and cradled him. Tears were forming in
      the corner of her eyes. What did she feel? She closed her eyes. She
      didn't want to deal with it tonight. She was too tired.

      .
      He knew that Jubilee was right. And he hated being told the truth by
      someone else. Especially when it was a truth he already knew. But he
      had made his feelings clear to Marie, at least to some degree. He had
      done everything right since he'd been back and had nothing to show
      for it. He was horny and lovesick and frustrated.

      He wanted to throw things but there was nothing to throw. He settled
      for dashing colors together on a palette and painting.

      He realized that he was painting one of his fantasies, Rogue naked
      and on her back. He used color violently - violet in her hair, green
      in the pink of her nipples.

      It didn't work. Two hours later none of his anger had dissipated, and
      he was hard. He took his jeans down and finished himself off roughly.

      He knew it was his fault. If he had been there. If he had told her.
      If.

      He walked home. It took him forty five minutes and his fingers were
      cold but it was worth it. He felt some of his anger wearing off,
      leaving the dull foreign ache of jealousy.

      As he approached the mansion he saw that the light in her window was
      on. Why, he wondered?

      The next chapter is up at novemberotica.com.