Fic: The Warming of Pyro (Bobby/John) preX2

  • ~Robin Elizabeth~
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2003
      Title: The Warming of Pyro
      Author: Princeza
      E-mail: princeza_9@...
      Pairing: John/Bobby
      Rating: PG
      Disclaimer: Alas, none of them belong to me. I just borrowed them and I
      promise to bring them back safe and sound when I’m done. I’m not making any
      $ off this, and I mean no infringement.

      "You two are in so much trouble," Kitty laughed as she stared at the two
      dirty, dripping boys standing in the foyer of the Xavier School for Gifted
      Children.

      "What?" John Allerdyce asked, feigning innocence.

      He looked over toward his partner in this crime, Bobby Drake. Bobby returned
      John's look and shrugged.

      "I hope you boys planned on cleaning this mess up...now," came the voice of
      Charles Xavier.

      The wheelchair bound professor came into view a second later, nothing good
      etched on his face. He was upset and the three students before him
      immediately knew it.

      "Of-of course we did," Bobby stuttered. "Didn't we, John?"

      "Sure," John nonchalantly agreed.

      "And since it appears that you both have so much extra energy, I think you
      should shovel the walk...and the driveway."

      Bobby turned to see John's face redden, his mouth opening. And Bobby swatted
      John's arm, saying, "Alright, we'll get right on it."

      The professor, satisfied, left the three students in the foyer.

      "Have fun," Kitty teased, then ran up the stairs, most likely to tell
      Jubilee and Rogue what just happened.

      "What'd ya do that for?" John fumed, glaring at Bobby.

      "Keeping you out of trouble," Bobby replied. 'Like usual.'

      John put his coat back on and stormed outside, slamming the door loudly
      behind him. It didn't take a telepath to tell Bobby that John was upset with
      him. Shaking his head, Bobby turned his head to see Kitty, Rogue and Jubilee
      watching him from behind the railing next to the stairs. He did and said
      nothing, except taking his coat and following John outside.

      Bobby headed toward the shed where the snow shovels were kept. But he didn't
      make it, instead he found John with two shovels in his hands coming towards
      him. And John wore that trademark scowl that told everyone that he wasn't
      interested in talking and to leave him alone. John thrusted a shovel to
      Bobby, which Bobby took, then silently went past him toward the end of the
      walk furthest from the door. Bobby decided that it would be best to leave
      John alone for a little while, so he went to the door and started shoveling
      from there. A while later, they met in the middle.

      "Let's head inside and take care of the foyer. The driveway can wait," Bobby
      suggested.

      John didn't immediately answer, as if he were debating. He nodded, then led
      the way to the garage where they could leave their outdoor gear. In the
      supply closet, Bobby found the mop while John grabbed the all-purpose
      cleaner and they headed to the foyer. The boys mopped, scrubbed and wiped
      until there was no sign that they had made a big mess. After a stop in the
      kitchen for some water, they went back outside to tackle the driveway. They
      started from the road and moved inward. About halfway through, Bobby felt
      something hard hit his back. It caught him off-balance and he fell face
      first into the snow. He looked up to see John smiling down at him, his eyes
      betraying his face's innocent look. Bobby stood up, dusted himself off, and
      picked up his shovel. With a shovel full of snow, he lobbed it at John, who
      was caught in the face and chest.

      "Why you..." John began, then charged at Bobby, tackling him into the snow.

      If John was at all angry, Bobby couldn't tell. John wasn't hitting him; he
      was trying to shove snow down his shirt. Bobby was lying on his back with
      John straddled on top of him at the waist. Bobby struggled against John
      while trying to get his gloves off. When he did, and John leaned down close
      enough, Bobby grabbed John's open coat and tried pulling him down to the
      side. But John just wiggled out of his coat, which Bobby threw over his
      head. Bobby finally got a hold of John's shirt, and did what he planned. Now
      the positions were switched. Bobby was straddling John, who was lying on his
      back in the snow.

      "Now what?" John asked, his eyes showing hints of fear.

      "Now we get back to work," Bobby answered, standing up and offering John his
      hand.

      John took Bobby's outstretched hand and stood up. He ignored his coat and
      picked up his shovel and the pair got back to work. After another hour, they
      finished the driveway. Bobby snatched John's shovel from him and took them
      back to the shed. In the garage, they shed their boots, coats, gloves and
      hats and headed inside.

      "C'mon," Bobby said, motioning for John to follow him.

      John nodded, following a couple steps behind Bobby as they went to their
      room. Once there, Bobby shut and locked the door behind them. John didn't
      notice, he was too busy shivering to pay attention to Bobby's every action.

      "You need to get out of those wet, cold clothes," Bobby said,
      matter-of-factly.

      He moved so he stood in front of John, his right hand traveling up to his
      friend's face.

      "Your lips are blue, your skin is freezing. This isn't good," Bobby
      whispered.

      "I'll be fine," John replied in the same quiet tone.

      "That's because I'm going to make sure of that."

      Bobby went over into John's side of the room, ruffling through his dresser
      and his side of the shared closet. After a pair of boxers, sweatpants, a
      long-sleeved T-shirt and a pair of socks were on John's bed. Then Bobby went
      into the bathroom and grabbed John's towel.

      "You'll be needing this," Bobby said, earning a questioning look from John.
      "Your hair's all wet. You're all wet."

      While John dried off and changed, Bobby dried himself off and changed. When
      the pair were finished, Bobby noticed that John's lips were still blue and
      that he was shivering.

      "I'll be right back," Bobby said. "Don't you go anywhere."

      John nodded, sitting on his bed and wondering what Bobby was up to. He got
      his answer a few minutes later when Bobby returned with two mugs of steaming
      tea.

      "Here," Bobby said, handing one to John. "Drink it slow."

      John took a couple sips, then set the tea down on the bedside table next to
      his bed. A violent shiver ripped through him, one he couldn't hide from a
      watchful Bobby.

      Bobby set his own tea next to John's, then pulled the comforter on John's
      bed down. John took Bobby's cue and laid down. Before pulling the blanket
      up, Bobby walked around John's bed and crawled in next to him. After pulling
      the blanket up, Bobby wrapped an arm around John's waist, pulling him
      closer.

      After a brief nap, Bobby and John woke to find their teas still warm. John
      handed Bobby his, and as they drank, they basked in their mutual warmth.
      When the mugs were empty, Bobby shifted so he was lying on his back and then
      John turned onto his stomach so he was half lying on Bobby. John rested his
      head against Bobby's chest, one hand near his own face, also resting on
      Bobby. Bobby pulled the blanket back up, wrapping one arm around John, the
      other caressing John's face and running through his hair. John quickly fell
      asleep, while Bobby just watched over his friend.

      John and Bobby remained like that until the bell rang announcing dinner.
      John groaned, burying his head in Bobby's chest. Bobby smiled, wrapping his
      arms around John.

      "Have a nice nap?" he asked softly.

      John looked up, his eyes being met by Bobby's beautiful blue eyes. John
      smiled slightly, then rested his head again on Bobby's chest.

      "For someone called Iceman, you're quite warm," John noted, before his
      steady breathing told Bobby that he was once again asleep.

      Bobby could only smile, holding his dear friend close to him, keeping him
      warm and safe.

      The End

      *~*~*
      Ante Razov: On FIRE! http://anterazovfanclub.shorturl.com or
      http://www.geocities.com/anterazovfanclub

      And all of your weight
      All you dream
      Falls on me it falls on me
      And your beautiful sky
      The light you bring
      Falls on me it falls on me
      ~~Fuel "Falls on Me"~~

      "Ich gehe mit, wenn sie mich nicht anketten. Einer mit Verstand muss in der
      Gruppe sein."
      ~~Pippin "Herr der Ringe"~~

      Title: The Warming of Pyro
      Author: ‘Princeza’ Robin Elizabeth
      E-mail: princeza_9@...
[...]

      "You'll be needing thing," Bobby said, earning a questioning look from John.
[...]

      Schützen Sie Ihren Posteingang vor unerwünschten E-Mails.
      http://www.msn.de/antispam/prevention/junkmailfilter Schluß mit Spam - MSN
      hilft Ihnen hier weiter.