The Aftermath 1/?

  • princessthat05
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26 12:37 PM
      Hey everyone, this is the first chapter of an on going story that
      I'm going to keep adding to. I hope you like it and don't
      forget to
      read and review! Oh and I don't own any of these characters.

      (Continued from X2, Xmen United)
      Characters: For this Chapter it's just Cyclops and Wolverine but
      other characters will be added in later chapters.

      It had been almost 6 months since that terrible day when he had
      last seen Jean and he was still shaken up. His eyes were dry
      because all of his tears had been cried and there was nothing left
      to cry. The room was pitch black because his eyes could not endure
      the light and he wanted to be able to cry without fogging up
      his "turbo shades" or so Jean used to call them. Cyclops was
      lying face down on his bed trying to keep himself from thinking
      about what had happened to Jean. He would rather think of the good
      times with her; the way she used to smile when he would make a corny
      joke that no one else thought was funny, the way her hand always
      found his. He exhaled hard and collected himself. He had loved
      Jean very much but it had been a while since her death and he
      believed that the grieving process should have waned down a little
      by now.

      Grieving was something Cyclops had never experienced much before
      and he knew that all of the other X-men were mourning just like him
      but when one is sad it doesn't occur to them that anyone else
      could be hurting as much as they are. Cyclops blamed himself for
      Jean's death but more then that he also placed blame on that
      Wolverine. As soon as the X-men had gotten back to Professor
      Xavier's school Logan (Wolverine) had gone off to some distant
      place to take care of some "personal business." As Cyclops
      beginning to feel a little more anger then sorrow a knock sounded at
      his door. A small, light voice came from the other side, "Sir,
      it's Rogue, Professor Xavier told me to come get you, something is

      Wolverine trudged up the side of one of the tall mountains of
      Georgia. He had left "The School for Gifted Youngsters" as
      soon as he was allowed. Logan had finally found the laboratory
      where he (as he knew himself anyway) was created, a place for which
      he had been searching for a long time. Wolverine had gotten a small
      glance into the life that he used to have before his amnesia, but
      more then that, he had lost the only woman he had ever had true
      feelings for. Doctor Jean Grey who was one of the so-called X-men.
      She had sacrificed herself for the group of people that had been
      there at the time. She had made a decision to be selfless and
      Wolverine loved her even more for that.

      Logan finally reached the peak of the mountain he had been
      climbing for an hour. He looked around, seeing a breath-taking
      scene before him. The scene didn't faze him because he was not
      in the mood to feel good about anything. Logan put his hand to his
      forehead and wiped off the perspiration that had accumulated there.
      A bird let out a loud squawk from behind him and as Logan turned
      around he lost his footing and started sliding down the side of the
      steep mountainside. Logan shielded his face from the rocks that
      littered the mountainside as they beat against his body. He began to
      wish he could die and just be at rest forever. Logan stopped
      rolling at the bottom of the mountain and turned himself over. His
      body immediately started healing itself and he just lay still with
      his eyes shut. Tears began to form behind the lids of his eyes as
      he finally succumbed to his grief. The strong feeling of guilt,
      which he had been so afraid of, prevailed over his consciousness and
      he sobbed.