just a heads up

  • rachel_martin64
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003
      Just wanted to let others know -- somebody may be pulling names and
      email addresses off fic lists like this in order to solicit members
      for money. After posting a few chapters I got a solicitation from a
      person stating she was part of a self-publishing business. Not
      publishing, self-publishing, ie, you pay money to them, they don't
      pay money to you.

      The message was from "Mercedes Bournias" <xlibriscom-e2-
      348373@...> and she stated she worked for a company called
      Xlibris (but note the email address -- prq0.com). The email states in
      part, "I noticed your name on a website for writers."