A fic challenge!

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2003
      Okay, the list has been a tad on the quiet side for the past couple
      months, so I thought I'd throw out a challenge and see if it stirs
      anyone to a story. :-)

      Both Hank McCoy (Beast) and Warren Worthington (Angel) were members
      of the original five X-Men (along with Jean, Scott, and a Bobby who
      was their contemporary). BOTH Hank and Warren did appear in X2 --
      Hank for a few seconds on the television in the bar when "Grace"
      (Mystique) met with the prison guard, and Warren by implication ...
      we saw an X-ray of his wing at Alkali. Both Hank and Warren also had
      larger roles (that is, Warren actually HAD a role) in original
      scripts of X2, but they were cut in the final filming. Thus, the
      existence of both is now movieverse canon ... but how they fit INTO
      that universe hasn't been specified.

      My challenge is this ... write a story that brings one or the other
      (or both) to the mansion. They can be former students returning,
      staff on leave (perhaps in Hank's case), or previously unknown
      mutants. Doesn't matter. Just bring them fully into the movieverse
      world.

      Yes, it's been done already several times by various writers, but it
      still makes a good challenge, especially post-X2. <g>

      For those who're wholly unfamiliar with the comic (or X-Men:
      Evolution) and have no idea who Beast and Angel ARE, a couple sites
      to go for info:

      Marvel's Official Comics Bios:
      Beast: http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=51&family=X-MEN

      Note that Beast has undergone TWO additional mutations. He was not,
      originally, blue, and his first mutation was simian. The cat version
      is very new. Hank in X2 looked like his original (non-blue) self.

      Angel/Archangel:
      http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=39&family=X-MEN

      Likewise, Angel's history is complex and he was Angel (with white
      skin and wings), then Archangel (blue! skin and metal wings), and is
      not back to white wings and white skin. One can assume that in X2,
      he'd be just "Angel." Oh, and the original X 'love triangle' was
      Scott/Jean/WARREN, not Scott/Jean/Logan.

      A lovely Beast Website: "Stars and Garters"
      http://alykat.hispeed.com/beast/index.shtml

      And a bio page on Angel:
      http://www.geocities.com/psun_2000/Warren.html

      Have fun! :-)