Fic: Into the Wolverine's Den (Logan/original character)

  • "Sunshine"
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12 7:07 PM
      Into the Wolverine's Den

      Rated PG-13 for language and sex talk

      Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Marvel characters, however the
      creation of Danielle aka Panther is mine.

      Feedback: Please!

      last chapter. Here, Logan discusses some basic needs in life from
      home, food, sex, and fatherhood

      They say possession is 9/10s of the law. The law of the wild says
      possession is survival, and I live by the law of the wild. There are
      a few basic needs to survive – food, territory, and a suitable mate –
      and I got me all three.

      Let's start with territory – the Xavier School for the Gifted in my
      case. I suppose you could say I have claimed this place as my turf.
      There ain't too many adult males around that would even challenge me –
      all except Cyke of course. Then again, he ain't been around as much
      as I have or seen what I have seen. He's younger than me and tries
      his best to outsmart me, but I am still the superior one.

      Chuck - the only way he can challenge me is mentally since physically
      he can't and yes, he has enough smarts to outdo me anytime.
      Sometimes, I think he enjoys playing mind games to get me to think
      before acting.

      Kurt, the Nightcrawler – he ain't got a mean bone in that blue
      skinned body of his. All it would take to get him to turn tail
      runnin' is to just shoot him a nasty glare and a soft growl.

      Colossus – now he's capable of sending me on my ass, but a comrade
      doesn't do that and he won't.

      It's a good thing these all be truths. I don't think Chuck would
      appreciate my scent-markin' around the grounds.

      Food. Chuck certainly makes sure there is enough of that around,
      especially with all them gluttonous kids. And, a full belly makes
      for contentment and the ability to maintain one's strength. My only
      demand is a stash of beer for only my enjoyment.

      Women. One could say I got plenty of to choose from – all with their
      certain gifts and charms that could woo this male's heart quite
      easily, and a few of them have.

      Marie started it with her sweet innocence and deadly skin. She did
      the one thing no woman has ever been able to do – get into my head
      and understand me fully. I swore to protect her, but she has grown
      up and doesn't really need this old dog anymore.

      Jean – she stole my heart like a thief in the night. What can I
      say? She's got smarts, compassion, and a set of legs any guy would
      die for.

      Ororo – goddess of the winds and a pillar of strength who could do a
      number on me just with a stare.

      But, it was Panther who I finally gave my heart to and settled down
      with. She tamed my angry spirit and keeps me happy and satisfied.
      She understands me as completely as anyone can, has the same animal
      tendencies as I, and eh hem, loves lots of sex.

      The problem is that I get so damned pissed off whenever any guy even
      looks her way. I can feel my claws itching to skewer even the
      innocent pizza delivery boy just for smilin' at her. She laughs at
      me tellin' me to stop bein' so insecure. Hell, I ain't insecure –
      just possessive. I know what I got and I ain't givin' it up without
      a bloody fight.

      We had a difficult beginning. Neither of us was able to figure out
      each other's true intentions. The flirtations were strong and
      aggressive. When we finally hooked up, man let me tell you, she's a
      wild ride. There ain't anything more I can ask for. She's prime
      property and I got her. She's hot and wild but sensible, smart and
      compassionate. Kurt says we were made for each other and somehow
      that blue mutant speaks some really deep stuff. He comments on how
      we mirror each other with our gifts and personalities.

      I have to admit I find it enjoyable to go out with my girl. I feel
      like I got me the greatest prize of all. Yet, I feel like I have to
      be constantly on guard. My senses are heightened in search of any
      threat or challenge from would-be rivals. She doesn't realize how
      her sweet smile and sexy walk are such a turn on and not just for
      me.

      For example, I took her to this nice restaurant and half the time I
      wasn't even listening to her talkin' to me `cause there was a bunch
      of flirtatious young horny guys who wouldn't stop lookin' at her.
      She kicked me under the table to get my attention tellin' me to
      ignore them. Holdin' her hand while eatin' didn't get the message
      across to them jerks either. I could feel my heart pumpin' with fury
      and the alloy screamin' to taste blood.

      When we headed out, one of them jerks wolf-whistled and touched her
      somewhere he shouldn't have, and I flew around ready to kill. I
      begged the guy to follow me outside and if it weren't for her
      clingin' to me so tightly, I know I would probably be in jail now –
      and jail ain't keepin' me from her. But, she recognized all the male
      posturing and planted such a kiss on me that I can still feel it on
      my lips even weeks later. I loved it so much when she told that
      creep she had more than enough man with me.

      So, I got territory, an ample food source, and my woman. You might
      wonder what Wolverine does to keep her by his side and rival males at
      a distance. I did mention she likes lots of sex, right? I feel more
      at ease in crowds knowin' she's got my scent all over her. Anytime I
      feel threatened or some asshole decides to take his chances, I pull
      her close and wish his senses were as heightened as mine are.
      Kissin' her while watchin' my adversary usually is enough to send the
      opponent walkin'. Sometimes, I gotta resort to more drastic
      measures. I will pull her away from a rival and take her someplace
      more secluded and give her a quickie. And when we return, she's
      marked as mine - all over her body.

      One thing I find really cool is waking up with her at my side. She
      sleeps so peacefully with her arm draped over me and restin' her head
      on my chest. I can lay there for hours just watchin' her – listening
      to her soft breathing and occasional purrs. Many times she looks
      like she's smilin' and I certainly hope it's `cause of me. And every
      day I am glad she's here with me.

      OK, I can meet all the basic needs. But, I am surrounded by
      civilized men. First off, I started moving away from being so primal
      and becoming a bit more civilized.

      The civilized man marries his girl, and that's what I did. Kurt did
      the honors since he was the only one with any real religious
      background. Yulanda, her best friend, was Danielle's maid of honor
      and Cyke stood up for me. Chuck played father of the bride since we
      all kinda think of him that way. Our witnesses were all the other
      residents of the school.

      What was embarrassing for me was our first dance - in the middle of
      the courtyard, in front of all the residents, and to a song by
      Richard Marx. The whole affair was nice, but I couldn't wait to tear
      that damned dress off her. She had way too much fabric between me
      and her.

      So now, legally she's mine and my next step into civilization is
      fatherhood. Ok, this is something I am unsure about handlin'. I
      always was careful about who I messed around with. Heightened senses
      come in handy when it comes to sex. I could tell instantly if a
      woman was near what I like to refer to as `danger time'. She could
      throw herself at me all she wants and I am gonna run like a dog with
      his tail between his legs. I'd rather pleasure myself before takin'
      a chance and guys, ya can't count on condoms doin' the job. Getting
      lucky wasn't worth that risk. Guess it's cause a part of me wouldn't
      want some kid not knowin' who his dad was. Maybe its `cause I don't
      even remember my own childhood and my parents, whoever they were.

      But, Panther's expectin' now – my kid – and shit, am I scared. I am
      glad she's got that healin' thing cause she don't have mornin'
      sickness. I listen to her whine about bein' uncomfortable sometimes
      and try my best to be understandin'.

      I still am wonderin' how I am gonna deal with a kid. I never thought
      myself the type to be a good father, but Panther says I got tons of
      potential. She says she saw enough with the way I am with Marie. I
      don't dare tell her some of that fatherly protection of Marie had
      hidden feelings. But, I am gettin' more protective of Panther. I am
      on guard even more strongly than before. Hell, a part of me is
      growin' in her. Guess we all will see if I can pass that next test
      into civilization.

      ~End