FAN FIC: RENTER'S BLUES

  • Linda J
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003
      In honor of Griff getting a new apartment

      Renter's Blues
      By Linda J.
      Disclaimer: yeah, yeah, yeah, they're not mine, I don't own them,
      they won't make me rich!
      Rating: PG
      Setting: Takes place after X2
      Summery: The brotherhood is looking for a new headquarters

      "It's not much to look at…" The landlord warned the strange and
      rather odd looking group as he opened the front door. "But it's the
      only furnished dwelling place I have right now."
      "It will do nicely." Erik assertively declared before he even saw
      the inside the aged two story house.
      "Um…some things may need a little fixin'. The older white normal
      looking male explained as the rest of the group slowly strolled into
      the house examining what was probably become their new hide
      out. "I'll get to them soon. I promise"
      Pyro leaned over to whisper to Mystique who had taken the form of an
      ordinary looking woman. "Like hell he will."
      She gave him a flirtatious smile. This young juicy boy was next on
      her "hit" list and winked. "Have you ever known a normie who wasn't
      a born liar?"
      Magneto gave the two mutants a harsh `keep quiet' look and began to
      rush the landlord over to the side to discuss the leasing
      arrangements.
      "Hey!" The ferocious mutant known to most as Sabretooth bellowed as
      he started walking up the stairs, "Can we keep animals in here?"
      "You better hope we can." Toad who was testing with all the light
      switches, spoke in a teasing manner. "Otherwise, you'll have to stay
      outside."
      *Grrrrrrrr* Victor gave his quasi friend a threatening look but
      chose to ignore his remark for the moment at least and continued to
      walk up the stairs.
      Mystique and Pyro made their way to the kitchen. It was dingy and
      the walls were covered with old faded and poorly designed wall-paper
      and the ceiling was covered with water spots from the leaking roof.
      Pyro walked over to the double sink and looked at the rust stains
      and dripping faucet. He nervously played with his lighter opening
      and closing it's lid with even more fervor then usual, perhaps the
      annoying noise it made was John's way of unconsciously expressing
      his dissatisfaction to his new home.
      Meanwhile, Mystique opened the door to the pantry and flipped the
      light switch on. Suddenly, the cool, calm, commanding and ever in
      control Mystique came running from the kitchen screaming at the top
      of her lungs!
      "AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!" She cried. "Mouse!"
      "Um…yeah, yeah," The landlord tried to explain away the
      problem. "The last tenants were a bunch of slobs…never cleaned up
      after themselves. We've been trying to get rid of the pests for a
      couple of weeks now, but there might still be a couple of rodents
      hanging around. A few bugs too but nothing really bad."
      "Then you live here and we'll take YOUR house!" Pyro threatened the
      landlord only to have Magneto grab him by the shoulder and whirl him
      around to speak to him.
      "This place will suit our needs just fine young man. Now…" Magneto
      used a caring and fatherly voice, go check on Mystique. She is
      probably hiding in the van.
      At that moment both Toad and Sabretooth were making a mad dash into
      the kitchen.
      "Mouse? Where?" Sabretooth asked excitedly as he leaped from the
      balcony onto the living room floor with a thud.
      "It's mine!" Toad yelled. "I was here first!"
      A moment later both Erik and the landlord could hear the two mutants
      in the kitchen struggling to get the mouse first. "I called it!"
      Sabretooth growled as Toad kicked him into wall.
      "Too bad, you mangy ol' cat!" Toad retorted as Sabretooth through a
      kitchen chair at him. *crash*
      "Ah! There it is!" The mouse was hiding in the corner of the room
      for dear life.
      *ZAP* and suddenly the mouse was in Toad's mouth and swallowed on
      one gulp.
      "Don't feel bad Vic." Toad tried to comfort Sabretooth before his
      temper got the best of him. "I'll let you have the next one."
      The landlord looked at Erik and made sure he pointed out the part of
      the lease that said the renter was responsible for paying for all
      damages incurred to the property as long as the lease was in there
      name.
      Erik signed the papers paid the landlord in cash a six month advance
      so long as no questions were asked and there whereabouts where kept
      secret.
      The brotherhood moved in and started to stake out there rooms.
      Mystique insisted on having her own bedroom, much to Erik's
      disappointment. This left four men to share two bedrooms.
      "Don't worry `bout me." Sabretooth happily chirped as he carried in
      his sleeping bag which was actually a collection of furs that he
      piled together and rolled up into a bundle for easy transporting.
      "You know where I'll be." And with that he opened a window and
      started to climb onto the roof.
      "Where the hell IS he going?" Pyro wondered strangely.
      "Creed's rather fond of perching." Erik mildly explained the huge
      felinoid's habits to the newest member of the brotherhood.
      "The bloody wanker's got a lot of quirks, but we love him." Toad
      smirked as they heard the heavy foot steps pounding above there
      heads.
      "Well…" Erik then asserted himself. "That settles things rather
      nicely. I take this room, and you two can have that one."
      Toad and Pyro looked dreadfully at each other.
      "No thanks…I'll take the couch." Pyro sounded depressed as he began
      to walk down the stairs.
      He was beginning to wonder if coming over to the brotherhood was
      such a great idea after all when he heard an ominous sound coming
      from the roof. A creaking, crackling noise that seemed to get louder
      by the second. Suddenly just as everyone heard Sabretooth's howl the
      roof gave way and he came crashing through the roof through
      Mystique's bed room which was on the second story floor through the
      living room narrowly missing Pyro on the first story floor and
      finally ended up in the unfinished basement.
      "I'm OK. I'm OK." Sabretooth reassured his colleagues as he climbed
      out of the new pit in the middle of the living room.
      "Like any of us care." Mystique quipped as she came down the stairs
      in a huff.
      "Surely we're staying HERE any more." Pyro insisted.
      "Fine…fine" Erik gave up and threw his hands in the air. "We'll stay
      at a hotel tonight and look for somewhere new tomorrow."
      The group left the house in shambles and began searching for a
      hotel. The only one open was a ringky dingky "No-tell Motel" type of
      hotel just on the other side of town.
      "I only have one room so you'll have to share" The night manager
      said as he greedily counted the extra money Erik threw at him.
      Pyro shook his head,
      `Wonder if Charles would take me back.' He thought to himself just
      as he heard Mystique scream "Mouse." While Toad and Sabretooth once
      more chased the rodent around the property trying to catch it
      first. –THE END