Fic: That Darn Cat (PG, S/J)

  • loonylittlewitch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      Title: That Darn Cat
      Author: Lisea (loonylittlewitch@...
      Author's website: http://www.freewebs.com/draakkon
      Rating: PG
      Pairing: S/J
      another fluffy fic.
      Notes: Thanks to H. and Quidam, my betas! :)
      Dedicated to all those with demon-posessed cats. :)

      ***

      "Ugh!"

      Scott Summers woke up with a start and sat up to glance at the alarm
      clock on the nightstand. It was frigging half past five in the
      morning! He shook his head and turned to face the reason for this
      unpleasant awakening.

      Jean's cat lay on his pillow licking his paws. A soft purr was the
      only noise in the room, except for Scott's sigh. He slid a hand under
      the cat's stomach.

      "My bed. Scoot," he said, sleepily throwing the cat on the floor. The
      cat sat on the carpet and eyed Scott as he laid down and pulled the
      blanket over his shoulders.

      In mere minutes, Scott was back in dreamy wonderland.

      ***

      "Ugh!"

      Scott Summers woke up with a start and sat up to glance at the alarm
      clock on the nightstand. It was now twenty-five to six in the
      morning. He turned around and witnessed again as the large cat licked
      himself clean on his pillow.

      "What part of "mine" don't you get?" Scott sighed, slid his hand
      under the cat's stomach again and threw it sleepily off the bed. The
      cat sat on the carpet and eyed him as he laid down again.

      Scott was still for a while keeping a cautious eye on the cat, then
      turned over and fell asleep again.

      ***

      "Ugh!"

      Scott Summers woke up with a start and sat up to glance at the alarm
      clock on the nightstand. 5:56, and getting nearer to the alarm, set
      at 7:00. Scott didn't need to turn around to see the cat lying ever-
      so-comfortably on his pillow.

      Instead, he moved over to Jean's side. Lying down on top of her, he
      kissed her to wake her up.

      She stirred, "Scott?"

      "Switch sides."

      "Excuse me?" Jean opened her eyes to see Scott smiling down at her.

      "Your cat is taking over my bed. Now, usually I'm not one to back off
      from battle, but I need to sleep," Scott moved over next to her on
      the edge of the bed and laid his head on her shoulder. Jean chuckled
      and looked over at the cat purring on Scott's pillow.

      "He just likes you" she said, looking back at Scott who was
      practically purring at her side. She moved over a little to give him
      some more room.

      "Hmm-mm. I like my sleep better."

      ***

      "Ow!"

      Scott Summers woke up with a start and sat up to glance at the alarm
      clock on the nightstand.

      "Ow!" he yelled again. What was it with that cat?!

      "What is it now?" Jean mumbled sleepily. She raised herself up to
      lean on her elbows.

      "Now he's biting my toes!" Scott tried pulling his foot under the
      blanket.

      The cat was just as fast. The second he saw the deliciously gnawable
      set of toes disappear under the blanket, he dived right in after them.

      Claws first.

      With a howl, Scott jumped out from the bed.

      The cat stayed wrapped around his foot, kicking Scott's foot
      furiously with his back legs, and used the front legs and teeth to
      keep himself securely around it.

      The sight of Scott hopping around on one foot while having the cat
      stuck on the other made Jean burst into laughter. She squealed on the
      bed and was gasping for breath while Scott pried the cat off his foot.

      "I'm giving the cat to Logan in the morning," Scott said, "they'll
      get along famously."

      Jean took the cat and held it in her arms, "Scott, honey, I'm not
      sure Logan even likes cats."

      After hearing a vague grunt from Scott's side of the bed she looked
      over to find her lover trying to sleep again. She let the cat go, and
      it settled amicably to sleep.

      On Scott's pillow.