Fic: Random Thoughts and Morning Coffee (PG, S/J)

  • loonylittlewitch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2003
      Title: Random Thoughts and Morning Coffee
      Author: Lisea (loonylittlewitch@...)
      Author's website: http://www.freewebs.com/draakkon
      Pairing: S/J
      Rating: PG
      Notes: Thanks to H. and Quidam, my betas! :)
      More notes: This looks better on my website, due to Yahoo's lack of
      editing. Some things I prefer in italics. :p

      ***

      Scott likes to doodle.

      Whenever I walk into the staff kitchen in the morning, I find the
      edge of the sports section covered in doodles of motorcycles, cars,
      jets or anything with a motor in it. It's not that he particularly
      likes to read the sports section, he prefers the international news.
      I guess he does it to piss Logan off, since sports is his first
      choice, and Scott always gets to the paper first. That would make an
      interesting study.

      Whenever he gets close to a pen and paper, he's all over it. Not even
      my medical journals are safe.

      Which is ironic, really, considering how often I've heard him
      scolding the kids about it. He doesn't like them to draw on their
      notebooks. Not that he's that anal, but he likes to pretend some of
      the kids actually pay attention in math class. And those were his
      exact words.

      It's not just doodles, he likes to draw. He once did a sketch of me
      sleeping. He keeps it on the door of his locker in the sub-basement.
      If he can't sleep, he gets up and draws me, and there have been many,
      many times he's woken me up at odd hours of the morning with the
      scratching of pencil on paper. So he's got a stackful of papers in
      his office desk drawer, all of me sleeping. Some of them show me in
      less than scanty covering, and I wish he'd destroy them before any of
      the students get a hand on them. And I don't even want to think about
      where the other hand will be.

      So here I am, sitting at the office with my morning coffee. I've
      taken the paper with me and trace my fingers over the pen marks over
      the edge. He's been at it again.

      Movement in the corner of my eye startles me.

      "Hey," Scott says, leaning against the door jamb. He's crossed his
      arms over his chest.

      "Don't sneak up on people like that! Can't you stomp or whistle or
      something?" I laugh, and throw a pencil at him. He catches it in mid-
      air. Figures.

      He walks over to me, stands behind me and starts to rub my shoulders.
      A sketch of two figures catch my attention, and I hold up the page.

      "What is this?" I ask and hold a finger at the drawing.

      He leans in a bit. "You're looking at it upside down."

      I turn the page around, and feel the blush spread on my cheeks. "Oh."

      As he rubs my shoulders, he lowers his head to whisper in my
      ear, "Don't suppose you'd be in the mood for that later?" I can hear
      the smirk in his voice.

      I relax my head back, leaning onto his shoulder while he massages
      mine. "Keep that up, and I will be."

      He laughs, stops doing his magic and gets up.

      Feeling disappointed I open my eyes and look at him. "Hey!"

      "I'm sorry. I have a class to teach. Maybe I'll be back later," he
      winks and smiles.

      "Well, maybe I won't be here!"

      "Fine by me. I have stuff to do, anyway" he smirks at me again and I
      fight the urge to throw something at him again.

      "Dim-wit" I mutter at him. He hears it, looks shocked, then pouts.

      "Am not" he whines. He loves to act childish when no-one's around to
      see.

      "Are, too," I smile at him. "Now scoot. I have tests to grade," I say
      putting my coffee cup aside and pulling up a stack of papers.

      "Fine," he comes over and kisses the top of my head. "I'll pick you
      up for lunch in two hours."

      "Sounds good."

      "And maybe make reservations for a dinner," he says and leans over to
      my ear again. "If you wouldn't mind going out on a date with your one-
      eyed wonder?"

      I laugh, and turn my head so I can face him. "Baby, there's only one
      one-eyed wonder I'm worried about, and it has nothing to do with your
      eyes."

      I wait till the words sink in, and kiss him on the cheek before
      sitting back down.

      It's his turn to blush.