[ADMIN] RPGs

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2003
      Okay, your mods have debated this one. We know that RPGs can, in
      many ways, be considered a form of fanfic, and are followed/read by
      people who aren't actually playing, the same as fanfic. But
      technically they aren't fanfic.

      So, we think we'll walk a thin line with fear and trembling. ;>

      If you wish to announce a *movieverse* RPG that you read and think is
      particularly good and of interest to fanfic readers -- you may do so.
      Please say WHY you're mentioning it. Remember this is a *fanfic*
      list, not an RPG list. It MUST be an existing RPG. Also, if it's an
      adult RPG, please so note. Please provide a header (similar to
      fanfic) that includes the RPG name and URL. Remember, ONLY
      movieverse.

      1) You may NOT use this list to solicit players for a new RPG (or
      even an existing one). Annoucements of RPGs that are just thinly
      veiled solicitation will be deleted and the poster will be given a
      warning. Announcements of new RPGs will be deleted and the poster
      will be given a warning.

      2) You may NOT use this list for discussion of RPGs (or
      role-playing). Remember, XMMFF is for the posting of fanfic and
      public feedback of that fanfic.

      This decision is an experiment, folks. ;> If we suddenly get a
      deluge of inappropriate emails soliciting RPGs, we'll reverse the
      decision. But since we know some people DO follow RPGs like fanfic,
      we'll allow recommendation of them. (Just remember ... movieverse
      only.)

      --Your moderators
      (Min, Mara & Khaki)

      http://sbc.yahoo.com