XMMFF Archive Update

  • Devil Doll
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2003
      Lots of changes at XMMFF today.

      The marvelous Diebin has set up a nifty archive database that makes
      updating and organizing the archive much, much easier. At this point,
      only the X2 fics are in the new database, but we'll be working on that
      in the upcoming weeks.

      It's barebones in appearance right now, as getting it up and running
      took precedence over making pretty graphics. Because I was sick of
      updating the archive the old way. *g* There are still some navigation
      issues on the to-do list as well, but the "back" button on your browser
      is your friend.

      As this is a general archive that we expect to attract readers looking
      for all types of stories, we've tried to make it as easy as possible
      for people to find the kind of fic they're looking for by providing
      search options for things such as character, rating, and genre.
      Whatever your tastes run to, you should be able to find it pretty
      easily.

      Writers may want to take a look at their stories and make sure that I
      got the pairings, if any, right, and if it's in the genre you think it
      belongs in. Bobby-buggers-John fics and Scott-mourns-Jean fics were
      pretty easy to decide on, but some of them were trickier. Some
      archives categorize by romance, humor and angst only, but we've got a
      few more than that, so I think everyone should be able to find
      something that fits.

      If not, I guess we start an "Other" category. *g*

      Also, I will no longer be making update announcements, since we won't
      be holding onto the stories and adding them in batches anymore. With
      the new system, they can be added pretty much as we get them.

      For now, all X2 links on the front page page will lead to the archive
      search page, because I'm two hours away from a family gathering I'm
      supposed to be at in 30 minutes, and I really gotta get my butt outta
      here.

      As the archive is still a work in progress, any suggestions and
      comments are welcome: xmmff[at]xmmff[dot]com

      Now go see it already. Diebin did a great job.

      http://www.xmmff.com/

      DD

      =====
      Devil Doll

      www.fandomnation.com
      www.haremuniverse.com
      www.wolverineandrogue.com
      www.xmmff.com
    • dyaera
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2003
        To anyone who has tried to view author pages at our new spiffy
        archive... *g* I had a bit of an error left over from some
        experimentation I was doing over the weekend. I've fixed it now, and
        apologize for the annoyance.

        Now go have fun and play in the pretty archive.

        http://www.xmmff.com/search.php

        -Diebin