OT: Beta reading and Colossus...

  • leapermtg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2003
      Hi, all. First post 'n all. Hope you don't mind this quick message,
      but the Beta reader list is still a little short, and no one jumped
      out at me as a person I HAD to contact - plus, my circumstances and
      needs are a little odd. If this should be redirected elsewhere, let
      me know.

      Well, X2 sorta blew me away, and put ideas in my skull that I just had
      to write. Since my favorite character, Colossus, was (re?)introduced,
      I felt that's where I had to start.

      To make a long story short (deliberate pun, as you'll see), I'm up to
      7000 words, and it's still only a little less than half done with the
      plot progression. So I'd like some help with it. I'm not at all
      interested in technical stuff at this point. What I want to know is
      whether this story is worth continuing, if it makes sense and grabs
      interest, and if not, what I could possibly try to make it better.

      So: what I'm looking for are folks who preferably like the character
      as much as I do, who are willing to read an unfinished work, who
      understand that they might be letting themselves into something pretty
      darn long, and who are experienced/well-read enough to have a good
      personal sense, at least, of whether an unfinished work can/will
      develop into something interesting. In other words, no rubber stamps
      unless you REALLY mean it, and can explain why (and thus what to
      continue).

      So you see why my needs sort of went beyond the Beta reader list as it
      currently stands at the moment. Please reply to e-mail if you're at
      all interested. Thanks in advance, and sorry for the OT!