The Return Chapters 1 and 2

  • Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      Ok, here's the spoiler space. I saw the new movie and just have to
      what I'd like to see happen next. So here's the spoiler space in
      case you
      haven't seent he movie and don't want it to be spoiled! BTW, it was

      This starts right where the movie left off with Jean supposedly
      dead. I'm
      warning you right now...I want Jean and Logan together and I tend to
      that way. Hopefully you'll still read this after knowing this!

      Jean woke up on dry land. She didn't know how she got there. The
      last thing
      she remembered was leaving the jet to save everyone else. They took
      off and
      she let the water rush over her. "Oh, God, they must think I'm
      dead," she
      said getting up. "I've got to get back."

      Back at the mansion Logan was having a covnersation with the
      Professor. "I
      need to get away for awhile," he said turning to the Professor.

      "I understand; just understand that we're here when you're ready to

      "Thanks," he said. He walked to the garage and got on the
      motorcycle. He
      rode off, not knowing where he was headed and not caring. Nothing
      to him now that she was gone.

      A few days went by and he found himself near Alkali Lake. He walked
      to the
      water's edge. He pushed his hands in his pockets and looked out over
      water. He stood there in silence for hours, mourning the loss of
      Jean in his
      own way. He finally looked down the the ground. "Goodbye, Jean," he
      said as
      a tear made its way down his cheek. He walked to his campsite and
      started a

      Jean saw smoke and wandered in that direction. Logan heard a
      rustling in the
      distance. On instinct he bared his claws and slowly walked toward
      the sound.
      He slipped behind a tree and waited for whoever it was to pass so he
      take them from behind. He saw the person pass and quickly grabbed
      them. "Who
      the hell are you?" he said as he spun her around.

      "Logan!" she said hugging him.

      "Jean? Jean, oh my God, we thought you were dead! How did you
      survive? The
      water rushed right over you!" he said pulling back to look at her
      crushing her body to his again.

      "Logan, I know you have a lot of questions, but honestly, I can't
      anything after seeing the jet go up," she said replied.

      "We missed you...I missed you," he said quietly, holding her as if
      he were
      afraid to let go.

      "It's ok; I'm ok," she said. "Why did you leave the institute?" she
      pulling back enough to look in his eyes.

      "Too many reminders of you...it was making me insane," he said a

      "Hey, it's ok. For once, I'm glad you left and came up here. I had
      no idea
      how I would get back," she said smiling, trying to relieve some of

      He smiled and lightly rubbed her cheek. "I'm glad you approve," he
      He wanted to kiss her, but remembered how she had stopped him before
      of Scott. She smiled and gently kissed him. "You just read my mind,
      you?" he asked smiling.

      "I sensed you needed that," she replied smiling. "Come on, take me
      to your
      campsite," she added.

      "This way," he said taking her hand and leading her in the direction
      of the

      They walked back to the campsite hand in hand in silence. "You must
      freezing; let me get you something to change into," Logan said going
      in his
      tent and getting a pair of sweats he'd brought with him. He
      reemerged and
      handed them to Jean. "They may be a little big, but they've got to
      be warmer
      than that...and at least they're not wet or torn," he said smiling
      as he
      looked her over in her tattered leather suit.

      "Thanks," she said going into the tent. She emerged later looking
      comfortable and warmer.

      "Can I ask you something?" he asked as she sat beside him near the

      "As long as I can reserve the right not to answer," she replied.

      "Why wouldn't you let us save you? Nightcrawler could've gotten you
      and been
      back in the jet once you'd gotten it up..." he said turning to her.

      "I couldn't let you die when I knew I could save you. I didn't want
      there to
      be more casulaties than there had to be. Maybe I just wanted my life
      to mean
      something..." she said turning away.

      "Hey, you mean a lot to everyone at the institute...you mean a hell
      of a lot
      to me," he said turning her back to face him. "We've been through
      hell these
      past few weeks without you...I've been through hell...so has
      Scott..." he
      said gently.

      "Scott...how has he been taking this?" she asked concerned.

      "We all took it pretty hard...but Scott has been more obvious. He's
      much secluded himself from the rest of us...snapping at anyone who
      on his solitude," he said.

      "That makes me feel even worse...especially with what I've been
      lately," she replied.

      "What's that?" he asked taking her hand, coaxing her to continue.

      "I'm not in love with Scott anymore...I love him; I'll always love
      him, but
      I'm not in love with him...I haven't been for a long time," she said
      at their hands.

      "THen why stay with him?"

      "Out of habit maybe...maybe because he's safe...I don't really know
      she said quietly. "I've been with Scott for so long...I don't want
      to hurt

      "So you stay with a man you don't love? You're hurting both of you
      more this
      way than you would by just ending it," he said.

      "Oh I see what you're trying to do...you think that if I break up
      Scott, then I'll come to you..." she said smiling.

      "I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it, but I want you to
      happy...if you're happy with him, then be with him; if you aren't
      happy then
      get out of it."

      "I wish it were that easy..." she sighed. "I hate hurting him...but
      I you're
      right; this is hurting us both more."

      "It'll be ok," he said. "Come here," he said opening his arms to
      hold her.

      She sat there and let him hold her, comforting both of them. "It's
      late; we
      should get some sleep," she said softly.

      "You go ahead; I'll sleep out here," he said looking at the fire.

      "No," she said simply.

      "What do you mean 'no'? In case you haven't noticed, there isn't
      exactly a
      lot of room in there..."

      "Can we not fight about this? I'm not kicking you out of your tent
      and I
      don't want to be alone. You know, we can do this the easy way, or I
      can use
      my telepathy..." she said crossing her arms.

      "Fine," he said getting up and going in the tent. She followed and
      beside him, resting her head on his chest. "What about that little
      talk we
      had about you only flirting with the dangerous guy?" he asked.

      "You're not so dangerous after all," she teased.

      "See, I told you I wasn't all that bad," he smiled.

      "Shut up," she said playfully smacking his chest.

      He grabbed her hand. "Hey," he said.

      "I can do more than that, and you know it," she sat up a little

      He impulsively kissed her. "Sorry," he said pulling away.

      "Shh," she said putting her fingers over his lips and gazing in his
      before kissing him. She moved so she was on top of him and deepened

      He slid his hands under her shirt and instantly wanted more once he
      felt her
      soft skin. He pulled back. "Is this really what you want? I mean do
      you want
      to do this here?" he asked, breathing hard.

      "You're right; I haven't even broken up with Scott yet," she said
      to her spot beside him. "Thank you," she said, realizing how much he
      care for her.

      "I don't want you to regret anything. If I ever get to make love to
      you, I
      want it to be right. I don't want either of us to regret it for
      reason," he said rubbing her back.

      She sighed and fell asleep moments later, feeling safe in his
      arms. "I love
      you," he said softly, kissing the top of her head before falling

      If anyone is reading this, I would like to know...if not, I'll stop
      I guess I'm the only one who wants Jean with Logan in the movies...I
      think thay have more chemistry than Jean and Scott...