XMMFF Archive Update

  • Devil Doll
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 8:43 PM
      Hello all.

      I just made a tiny test run update to XMMFF, looking for bugs in the
      pages I built for the X2 section. Here's hoping it looks decent in all
      browsers.

      I've got a nice group of people willing to help out, so I hope to get a
      nice sizeable update done shortly.

      We're back in business. *throws confetti*

      DD

      =====
      Devil Doll

      www.fandomnation.com
      www.haremuniverse.com
      www.wolverineandrogue.com
    • Devil Doll
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17 8:06 PM
        The XMMFF Archive has been updated with 26 new stories.

        http://www.xmmff.com/index.htm

        Writers may want to check their stories and information, because the
        sheer number of stories and writers I'm trying to keep organized right
        now increases the chances that I've mucked something up.

        And since I've been coding pages since 6:30am this morning, and can
        barely make my eyeballs focus, I'm sure there must be a typo or ten
        somewhere.

        I triple-checked all the links, though, so if you guys find a busted
        one I'm gonna slap myself.

        DD

        =====
        Devil Doll

        www.fandomnation.com
        www.haremuniverse.com
        www.wolverineandrogue.com
        www.xmmff.com
      • Devil Doll
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2003
          Lots of changes at XMMFF today.

          The marvelous Diebin has set up a nifty archive database that makes
          updating and organizing the archive much, much easier. At this point,
          only the X2 fics are in the new database, but we'll be working on that
          in the upcoming weeks.

          It's barebones in appearance right now, as getting it up and running
          took precedence over making pretty graphics. Because I was sick of
          updating the archive the old way. *g* There are still some navigation
          issues on the to-do list as well, but the "back" button on your browser
          is your friend.

          As this is a general archive that we expect to attract readers looking
          for all types of stories, we've tried to make it as easy as possible
          for people to find the kind of fic they're looking for by providing
          search options for things such as character, rating, and genre.
          Whatever your tastes run to, you should be able to find it pretty
          easily.

          Writers may want to take a look at their stories and make sure that I
          got the pairings, if any, right, and if it's in the genre you think it
          belongs in. Bobby-buggers-John fics and Scott-mourns-Jean fics were
          pretty easy to decide on, but some of them were trickier. Some
          archives categorize by romance, humor and angst only, but we've got a
          few more than that, so I think everyone should be able to find
          something that fits.

          If not, I guess we start an "Other" category. *g*

          Also, I will no longer be making update announcements, since we won't
          be holding onto the stories and adding them in batches anymore. With
          the new system, they can be added pretty much as we get them.

          For now, all X2 links on the front page page will lead to the archive
          search page, because I'm two hours away from a family gathering I'm
          supposed to be at in 30 minutes, and I really gotta get my butt outta
          here.

          As the archive is still a work in progress, any suggestions and
          comments are welcome: xmmff[at]xmmff[dot]com

          Now go see it already. Diebin did a great job.

          http://www.xmmff.com/

          DD

          =====
          Devil Doll

          www.fandomnation.com
          www.haremuniverse.com
          www.wolverineandrogue.com
          www.xmmff.com
        • dyaera
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2003
            To anyone who has tried to view author pages at our new spiffy
            archive... *g* I had a bit of an error left over from some
            experimentation I was doing over the weekend. I've fixed it now, and
            apologize for the annoyance.

            Now go have fun and play in the pretty archive.

            http://www.xmmff.com/search.php

            -Diebin