"Out of Character" (0/1) S/L

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      OUT OF CHARACTER (notes)
      Minisinoo

      the jitterbug. Logan POV, c.6000 words

      Warning: Light slash (no sex); ADULT themes

      SPECIAL NOTES: I was asked, after writing CLIMB THE WIND, why I�ve
      only ever shown Scott and Logan as friends, and was I anti-slash?
      Not at all. But despite the wonderful on-screen chemistry between
      Jackman and Marsden, I find it tough to spin out a relationship
      between the characters of Wolverine and Cyclops in which they don�t
      act 'out of character.' Yet it was a challenge. This is probably
      the most negative Jean I�ve written, but remember, you�re not hearing
      *her* side of it. Jealous Scott can be a real pill.

      This tale fits into THE MAN BEHIND RED SHADES series, about five
      months after events in "Red Hair and Quesadillas," but it also
      contains (brief) references to "Of Teletubbies and Mutants on
      Saturday Morning" and "All My Relations." It�s from Logan's point of
      view, an AU on a RED SHADES story which hasn�t been written yet --
      and now won't be. I've decided to tweak that series a tad, then take
      RED SHADES into X2 canon, which means I won't be writing the story
      the way I'd originally intended.

      That's why I'm releasing this story now. I've been sitting on it
      literally for two years. It�s a bit wacko when you start AU-ing your
      own stuff, but I suppose you could say this is a narrative answer to
      Robert Frost�s "two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I
      could not travel both, and being one traveler, long I stood, ...."
      Well, I get to travel both. This story leaps off of one that would
      have ended positively for Scott and Jean, BUT what would happen if

      If you prefer HTML, this, and previous stories can be found here:
      http://www.themedicinewheel.net/series/redshades.html

      http://search.yahoo.com