FIC: An Unexpected Visitor, (NC-17) 26/26
- *Last chapter ahead!*
Look for story information in part 1.
Doctor Hannibal Lecter was ready to leave the Xavier-institute. He
had returned all the magazines, books and clothes he had borrowed
from Charles, and thanked him.
Now he was neatly dressed in his dark silk suit, which he arrived
in, and with him, he had his briefcase, where he kept everything he
needed to survive in the wide world.
Xavier, plus his X-men, had gathered in the lobby to say goodbye to
- Is it certain now that you don't want to stay? Charles asked him
one last time.
Hannibal shook his head and smiled sadly.
- I am sorry, said Charles.
- I have to leave, said doctor Lecter. I have to. I am sorry.
- It is alright. I understand.
- Where is Erik? Is he coming to say goodbye?
- He will come, Xavier replied. He is leaving too, today, to take
care of some problems.
- Has it got to do with the blue girl? the doctor wondered.
- Yes, it has.
Right in the moment, Erik arrived at the lobby, accompanied by
Mystique, whose arm he held in a firm grip. She was still keeping her
down, and refused to meet anyone's gaze when she entered.
- Are you also leaving now? Erik asked when he saw doctor Lecter.
Hannibal nodded. - Yes, it is time.
- Where are you going?
- To my house in Maryland, to begin with. I will move, but there
are some things that I would like to bring before I go.
- How are you getting there?
- I'll rent a car, Hannibal said.
- Go with me, instead, Erik offered. I am going to New York City.
- Do you mean that?
- Of course. It will be great to have some company.
- Is the blue girl coming? doctor Lecter asked, frowning.
- Yes, she is. But don't worry about her. She will not be any
trouble. I promise.
- Alright, then, Hannibal said, shrugging. If you insist...
Now Mystique raised her head for the first time, and gave doctor
Lecter a poisonous look when he referred to her as "the blue girl".
She recalled that he had helped bandaging her last night, and she
also recalled trying to punch him.
- We should go, Erik said. It is a long drive to New York City.
Suddenly Rogue rushed forth toward Hannibal, and gave him an
unexpected kiss on his cheek. Her entire face was smiling.
- Goodbye, Hannibal, she said. I am forever grateful.
- Knowing that delights me, the doctor replied, taking her hand
into his own, squeezing it lightly. Now she was wearing no gloves,
and everyone could see how happy she was because of it.
Even Logan, who had until now efficiently ignored doctor Lecter,
came and patted his shoulder.
- I also want to thank you...he murmured. You are...a great
- The pleasure was mine, said the doctor, smiling at Logan.
Ororo stood by herself a small distance away. She had large bags
underneath her eyes, probably since she had been crying so much, and
a split, swollen lower lip, after confronting Mystique last night.
Although her arm didn't hurt at all anymore. Hannibal had done a
good job fixing it.
Slowly Hannibal approached her and took her hands in his own. He
looked deep into her eyes. Her large, beautiful, dark eyes expressed
sadness and pain, but also acceptance. She knew that Hannibal Lecter
would disappear out of her life as quickly as he had entered it, and
she could do nothing about it.
- Ororo, he said. Do not hate me, please.
- I don't hate you, Hannibal, she replied gently, with her soft
- I care for you, Ororo, and I will not forget you, he promised.
- Will I ever see you again?
He sighed. - I don't know, he said at last. But I think not.
Then Ororo almost burst into tears and started crying out loud. To
prevent it, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him
tightly. She was almost jealous of Magneto, who would get to drive
the doctor all the way to New York City.
- Goodbye... she whispered. Take good care now.
- You too, my weather goddess.
Slowly they disengaged from each other. - Go now, Ororo whispered
and looked down at her feet.
- I promise I'll write, said doctor Lecter.
Ororo brightened up a bit. - You will? So we will keep in touch?
- I will write, the doctor repeated and squeezed her hand one last
time before he turned around and started walking away from her.
- Goodbye, Charles, he said a looked into Xavier's eyes. Thank you
for wanting to understand.
- Goodbye, doctor Lecter. Remember what I said, Charles replied
Erik let go of Mystique's arm and went to his lover. He bent down
and kissed him deeply. Charles returned the kiss with his eyes
- I will call you tonight, promised Erik.
- Do so. I am missing you already.
- I will come here again as soon as I have worked out my problems
- Drive carefully, Erik. Goodbye.
- Goodbye, Charles. Goodbye, everybody.
Erik stood up again and started leading Mystique toward the door.
Doctor Lecter had already gone out beforehand.
Ororo knew that she would never see him again, and now she cried.
Why would life have to be so cruel?