FIC: An Unexpected Visitor, (NC-17) 25/?
- Look for story information in part 1.
After Charles had headed for his office, Erik went down to the
devastated med-lab to look for Jean.
Jean, Scott, Logan and Rogue had been working there all morning,
cleaning and tidying up.
The material damage had really seemed more serious than it was, and
it looked remarkably better now when all the glass splinters and
spread out chemicals had been removed from the floor. But much of the
equipment had been destroyed. That couldn't be denied.
- Are you coming to help us clean up here? Logan asked
sarcastically when they saw him come.
- You seem to have done well without me, Erik replied. I actually
came to talk to Jean.
Jean handed her brush and dustpan to Rogue, and went to talk to
- How bad is it? Magneto asked.
- Well, you can see for yourself, Jean said with a sigh. It will be
expensive to replace everything.
- Don't worry. I'll pay for it. Mystique was really my
- You mean that?
- At least partially. I know how important this lab is to the
school, and to you especially, Jean.
- Thank you. That would be perfect.
Erik tried to smile, but he felt all but cheerful.
- I even managed to find a small bottle of Rogue's serum that
hasn't been destroyed, Jean said. It will last for a couple of days,
I'd believe. She has to take injections twice a day, like a diabetic
has to take insulin.
- And where is Mystique? Erik asked at last.
- Would you like to see her? Jean asked.
- Not really, but I guess I have to. Can you please take me to her
- Sure. Come on.
Jean brought Erik to a thick door with a numberplate on its right
- Is she in there? he asked.
- Unlock the door. I want to go in.
Jean bit her lower lip and looked hesitant. - Is that wise, you
think? she said carefully. She was very aggressive last night. She
Erik shook his head, determined. - She won't hurt me. Never. She
won't go that far. Please open the door, now.
- Very well. Alright. I'll wait right outside.
Jean pressed a code onto the numberplate, and then gently knocked
on the door.
- Mystique? she called. Erik wants to see you. Is it alright if he
No answer. Jean shrugged and assumed that Mystique had calmed down.
Erik nodded at her, and she pulled the door open. He looked inside.
Mystique sat huddled in the head end of her bunk, with her legs
drawn up to her chest, and her arms around her knees. She lifted her
head when Erik came in. Jean closed the door behind them.
Now, finally, Mystique spoke. Her yellow eyes stared accusingly at
- So you came, anyway? he said mockingly. I thought you said you
never wanted to see me again?
Erik noticed that Mystique's hands, forearms and thighs were
bandaged. Jean had left her a robe, and a pair of panties and
slippers, but she didn't seem to have touched them.
- There is no reason for you to be sarcastic, he replied calmly as
he went and sat down on the side of her bed. We have enough problems
anyway. Don't you think so?
She didn't answer, but simply stared at him.
- Raven, Magneto said. Why did you do it? You can at least tell me
that, can you not?
- It was because of you... murmured Mystique. I wanted to have
revenge on you.
Erik sighed. - So you wanted revenge on *me*, and then you
destroyed the Xavier-institute's medical laboratory? Couldn't you
have taken it with me instead, so we could have...
- But you never came home! Mystique suddenly cried. I tried to tell
you I that wouldn't allow you to treat me like shit anymore, but you
- So this was a trick to get my attention?
She just shrugged in reply.
- Oh my God! Erik exclaimed. How old are you? Three years old?!
- I only wanted to make it clear that I wouldn't allow you to treat
me like you do anymore!
- And how do I treat you? How have a mistreated you? Are you
referring to my relationship with Charles? Are you jealous?
- You treat me like I was non-existent! What am I to you, anyway? I
was good to have around when you wanted to fuck, but now when you
don't need me to that anymore, you just dump me, like old shit! You
used me, and now you dump me! I hate you!
Erik sighed. - I *did not* use you, and you know that damn well.
You wanted me to fuck you, and everything we did, we did on your
terms. Always. You do remember that, right? So don't come here and
tell me that I have used you!
- You did use me! cried Mystique. I did everything for you, but
actually you didn't give a shit about me! Ever!
- No, that is not right, Erik objected. I did care about you, but I
have never loved you like I love Charles. Don't you understand that I
- You say so, yes, but really you don't give a fuck about him
- That was low, Raven. Why can't you simply accept it, and be happy
for me? I would be happy if you found your soulmate, Raven, someone
who you really feel that you belong with. Do you begrudge me to be
- How can you want to be with him? she said with a grimace. He
is... I mean... Does he even feel it when you fuck him? Isn't it like
fucking a dead guy?
- No, it isn't like that at all. Our sex life is working perfectly.
Charles is a wonderful lover, despite his physical handicap.
Mystique just snorted. - Right... she muttered.
- What is wrong with you, Raven? You have always known about my
sexual orientation. I have had male lovers all the time, and you have
known about it. I even took them home, sometimes. You never objected
then. And you knew about my relationship with Charles when we were
young. So what is the problem now?
Mystique simply shrugged again. - I don't know. You seem to have
forgotten me, that's all.
- I had hoped that we could stay as friends and colleagues even
now, but apparently I was wrong, Erik said shortly. I have
unfortunately no other choice than to let you move out of my house.
When she heard this, Mystique gasped and immediately bounced up
into a sitting position.
- What? You can't do that! Where do I go?
Erik just shook his head. - I am afraid I can't have you in my home
anymore. I will find you another place to live.
- No, please, let me stay, she begged and grabbed Erik's arm. I'll
do what you want, just don't throw me out. You know what? I can be
Charles, if you wish. I can be him, Erik, I can.
- Raven! You can't *be* Charles! How can you even think that? You
can take his appearance, yes, but you'll never *be* him. That was the
stupidest thing I have ever heard!
- But what do you want me to do, then? she asked in a trembling
- I want you out of my home. This isn't working any longer. You can
stay until I find you another place, but then you are out.
- Please... I'll change, Erik. I can change... I promise...
- You are not a young girl, anymore, Raven. You can make it on your
own. We will be much better off, both of us, if we don't share a
home. I hope we can remain friends, but we can't live together any
Mystique sighed and leaned back against the wall.
- But I love you... she whispered.
- I only want your respect, Magneto replied. I want you to respect
my relationship with Charles. Can you do that? Ever?
She didn't answer. The look in her eyes had become completely blank
and she looked almost apathetic.
- Raven, anyway, we are leaving now. You can stay at my place until
you find something else, like I said. Come on now. And put those on,
first. The people here probably don't want you to walk through the
At first Mystique didn't react, but when Magneto threw the clothes
onto her lap and snapped that he didn't want to start fighting about
this too, she obediently put on the robe and the panties, and stuck
her feet into the slippers.
Erik knocked on the door and called for Jean, who soon unlocked the
- I am taking her out of here, he explained in reply to Jean's
questioning look. We are leaving today.
- Oh... she said. But does Charles know?
- Not yet, but I will talk to him.
- Have you worked out your problems now? You and Mystique, I mean?
- There isn't much to work out, replied Erik and started leading an
almost catatonic Mystique toward the elevator, which would take them
up to ground level.