FIC: An Unexpected Visitor, (NC-17) 10/?
- Look for story information in part 1.
Ororo Munroe stood at the sink in the kitchen, chopping vegetables.
Since she was a vegetarian, and didn't often eat the same food as the
rest, she had to cook her own meals.
Erik was accompanying her in the kitchen. He didn't say much, but
he was sitting at a table near the window, absent-mindedly looking
out through it.
He was eating an apple; with a small, fine knife he cut fine
slices, and a crunching noise sounded every time he chewed them. He
ate very slowly. He was already sitting there when Ororo arrived, and
he still did, looking absent.
When Storm was done with her vegetables, she put them in a
casserole, turned on the stove, and waited for them to start boiling.
She went and sat down at the table, opposite Erik. When she came,
he turned his head and looked into her eyes. Then she noticed that
the look in his eyes was not absent, but sad. Had something happened
- Erik? Ororo asked. How are you? You seem a bit down, I think.
Erik sighed, and put away the apple and the knife.
- Well, I... we had a fight. Charles and I, he explained.
- A fight? O, I see. About what? Would you like to tell me?
Storm brushed her white hair behind her ears and waited for a
reply. A while passed. Maybe he didn't want to talk about it?
- Well... he then said slowly, without looking at her. It was
about... doctor Lecter. Charles does not want him here.
He shrugged. - That was our fight. I think he should give Hannibal
a chance. But he didn't want to listen.
- I'm sorry, Storm said compassionately. Have you talked about it?
Magneto shook his head almost imperceptibly. - No. I slept on the
sofa last night. He had gone before I woke up. We haven't seen each
other since then.
- Have you spoken with doctor Lecter, then? she asked.
- I haven't seen him since last night either.
- Well, you... I'm just wondering if... you, uh, know what sort of
food doctor Lecter likes? Ororo asked carefully, aware of how tensed
up she sounded.
Erik's eyes widened. - I actually don't know, he replied. But I
believe he is the type that ... cooks his own meals. Why? Have you
planned to surprise him with a dinner?
Storm bent her head down and could feel she was flushing. - Eh...
no, forget I said anything... she murmured.
Now Erik laughed. - My dear, he said softly. I can see you like
him. It can't be more obvious. Am I right?
Storm sighed but couldn't hold back a little smile.
- Yes, I like him, she confessed. He was extremely kind to me
yesterday. He is a true gentleman. I would like to surprise him with
something nice. Is that a terrible idea?
- No, not at all! Erik chuckled. I can understand if he gives you
goose pimples. He is an extremely charming man. I like him too. But
not *that* way, he added quickly. That would really give Charles a
reason to be mad at me!
They laughed together at the absurd idea.
- And me too! Ororo said. I'd be mad at you too!
- Don't worry. There is no chance that will happen.
- You really love Charles, don't you? she then asked seriously.
Erik nodded. - Yes, he whispered. I love Charles.
Storm nodded too. - I am happy for you. Don't let that argument
ruin what you two have.
Erik smiled sadly. - No, not at all. We have had our fights before,
Charles and I. It has always passed.
- It will pass now too, Ororo assured him. But don't you have any
idea what doctor Lecter might like?
Magneto thought for a while. - I would try something meat... He is
hardly a vegetarian.
- Lamb stakes? Storm asked, knitting her forehead.
- Just so.