FIC: An Unexpected Visitor, (NC-17) 1/?

  • Henrika
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 2:59 PM
      Title: An Unexpected Visitor

      Rating: NC-17 overall.

      Fandom: This is a crossover. The fandoms that meet are "X-men
      movie-
      verse", and "Hannibal", mainly movie-verse, but with some
      elements
      from the book as well.

      Pairing(s)/Romance: Hannibal Lecter/Storm, Charles/Erik, and
      Logan/Rogue.

      Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters. Marvel owns the
      X-men,
      and Thomas Harris owns the Good Doctor. I am making no money from
      this. The reason I wrote this was for pure entertainment.

      mansion, with unexpected results. Please read A/N for more specific
      story information.

      A/N and warnings: This story is a crossover. That means two fandoms
      meet, in this case "X-men" and "Hannibal". Hannibal
      Lecter is
      featured as one of the main characters in this story, so if you
      don't
      like him, or if he bores you - hit the back button. Don't flame
      me
      for the idea. Please.
      Also, this is not a PG-rated story. There are scenes with violence
      and graphic sex, (m/m and m/f). If the thought of Lecter getting it
      on with Storm quicks you - LEAVE. And please don't email me just
      tell me that Hannibal belongs to Clarice, or anything. It is only
      annoying.
      Also, here is slash! If you're reading this on a slash list, be
      aware
      of the het-content.

      *Independent sequel to my previous fic, "Reunion", but it can
      stand
      alone as well.*

      Archive: My own site:
      http://www.geocities.com/henrika_amanda/Index.html Anyone else, feel
      free to have it, just let me know where it's going.

      Feedback: I love it. Please? Constructive criticism appreciated. No
      flaming, please. My email add is henrika15_@...

      Chapter 1

      Erik Lehnsherr sat at the far end in one of the middle rows of chairs
      in the great lecture hall. Like all the others that were there -
      probably somewhere around 300 people - he was focusing his attention
      on the figure sitting in the front, giving the lecture.
      The man they all listened to, was professor Stephen Hawking, a
      renowned theoretical physicist and astronomer.
      Hawking was sitting in a distorted position in his wheelchair, and
      spoke with his computer generated voice while everyone's eyes
      were
      fixed on him, or maybe on the big screen behind him, which showed a
      close up of him all the time while he spoke.
      The handicapped man looked huge on the huge screen.
      At times Erik was wondering what he was actually doing here. Surely
      he was a great fan of Hawking's work, and had often considered
      attending one of his lectures, but once he was here, he was not as
      sure.
      This was a public lecture, which Hawking gave several times per
      year, both in the USA and other places of the world. A
      "public"
      lecture meant that anyone was welcome to attend, and that you
      didn't
      require a university degree level of physics in order to understand.
      Erik was a trained physicist and engineer himself, and even though
      astrophysics weren't his field, he had not minded if the level of
      the
      lecture had been a little more advanced.
      Hawking was speaking in a microphone with his synthetic voice,
      - "In this lecture, I would like to discuss whether time itself
      has
      a beginning, and whether it will have an end. All the evidence seems
      to indicate, that the universe has not existed forever, but that it
      had a beginning, about 15 billion years ago. This is probably the
      most remarkable discovery of modern cosmology.
      Yet now it is taken for granted. We are not yet certain whether the
      universe will have an end. When I gave this lecture in Japan, I was
      asked not to mention the possible re-collapse of the universe,
      because it might affect the stock market."
      Several people smiled at the latest pronouncement. Erik Lehnsherr
      did not. He had never thought in the same tracks as Stephen Hawking
      about time. Time was simply something that was there, independent of
      everything else, floating in the same, even pace as always.
      Erik didn't know if anyone here knew who he was. He hoped not.
      If
      someone recognized him as Magneto, mutant, and anti-human terrorist,
      it would doubtlessly create anxiety, if not panic amongst the people.
      He *was* here legally - he was out on parole from the plastic
      prison, and yet there was no law that said that mutants must keep
      away from public gatherings such as this.
      But probably no one would believe him even if he said he was only
      here to listen to Stephen Hawking, not to make trouble.
      Hawking, sitting at the podium, continued,
      - "At this time, the Big Bang, all the matter in the universe
      would
      have been on top of itself. The density would have been infinite. It
      would have been what is called, a singularity. At a singularity, all
      the laws oh physics would have broken down. This means that the state
      of the universe, after the Big Bang, will not depend on anything that
      may have happened before, because the deterministic laws that govern
      the universe will break down in the Big Bang. The universe will
      evolve from the Big Bang, completely independent of what it was like
      before."
      Erik only half-listened to the rest. Rather he was waiting for the
      lecture to end. He wanted to get out of here as soon as possible
      without being recognized as Magneto.
      Charles will not be happy if he finds out that I have caused
      trouble again, he thought. But on the other hand, I am a free man and
      I have the right to move freely within the society. Regardless of my
      genetic heritage, religion and sexual orientation.
      He tried to slump in his chair and look as relaxed and
      "ordinary"
      as possible.
      In fact, he looked quite "ordinary". There was nothing in
      him that
      screamed the word "mutant!". He could walk among regular
      people
      without directly being pointed out as different.
      Some other mutants, like Sabretooth, Toad and many more, did not
      have that possibility. They were doomed to live their life outside
      the society, not to risk being looked at and designated as freaks.
      Stephen Hawking's lecture, "The Beginning of Time",
      lasted for
      about forty minutes.
      Hawking finished by thanking everybody who had attended, and then
      left the lecture hall, accompanied by two personal assistants and a
      security guard.
      The audience gave him enthusiastic applause, and Erik applauded as
      well, but all the time he wished that they would hurry so that he
      could get out.
      When Hawking had left the hall, people started to rise from their
      chairs and pick up their possessions; coats, handbags, briefcases,
      etc.
      The man sitting on Erik's right side, closes to the aisle, was
      fat
      and slow, and for long fumbled with the buttons of his coat. Erik
      felt strongly inclined to hiss at him to hurry, but he waited
      patiently without opening his mouth.
      When man was finished at last, and stopped blocking up Erik's
      passage, Erik was so inclined to get to the exit fast, so he
      didn't
      notice that someone stood in front of him, before he collided with
      the man in question and heard something drop to the floor.
      Erik gasped and reflexively backed one step.
      Now he saw the man he had run into.
      It was a man who looked to be in his mid fifties. He was quite
      short - at least half a head shorter than Erik - and slender, with
      pale skin, dark hair, and marron eyes. He was wearing a dark suit of
      excellent pattern.
      The man's briefcase had fallen to the floor.
      - Oh, Jesus, I'm sorry! Erik said at once and bent down to pick
      up
      the briefcase. Some papers, a pencil, and a packed of cough drops,
      plus some other small things had fallen out of it when it hit the
      floor. Magneto hastily picked them up and put them back into the open
      briefcase. He did it quickly and quite carelessly, but nothing seemed
      to have broken.
      Then he stood up and offered the man his briefcase.
      - Here. I am so sorry, it was my fault. I apologize, he said again.
      A while passed before the man accepted his briefcase. Their eyes
      met for the first time. A red dot of light, centred exactly in the
      middle of his pupils, was reflected in the man's marron eyes. He
      reached out his hand and gripped his briefcase. Then he suddenly
      smiled.
      - Thank you. It is alright, he said.
      He had a very beautiful and strange voice; calm and melodic, and
      very cultured. Perhaps a little metallic and raspy. He sounded
      British.
      - I am sorry, I didn't see you, Erik said once last time.
      - I said it was alright, the man said with a smile. His teeth were
      small and white. What brought you here? he then asked. Are you also a
      fan of Stephen Hawking?
      Erik saw people leaving the hall. Really he should be doing the
      same. But this man was starting a conversation with him, and it would
      be extremely impolite just to ignore his question.
      - Yes, I am, said Erik. I am a big fan of his work within the
      quantum physics.
      - I am too, the man replied. But personally I am more interested in
      the astrophysics. Professor Hawking is truly a brilliant man. Many
      people think he is the greatest genius alive today.
      - I am sure they're right, Erik said.
      - I have been following his work for years.
      - Really? And you understand it? Erik asked, slightly doubtful.
      The man chuckled. - I try. I am doctor Reuben Hudson, by the way.
      Hello.
      He held out his hand and Erik shook hands with him.
      - I am Erik Lehnsherr, he said. I am a nuclear physicist. And you
      have a doctorate in...?
      - Medicine. I studied physics in my youth, but nowadays it is
      mostly just a hobby, said doctor Hudson. And then I've gotten a
      lot
      of inspiration from Stephen Hawking. Tell me, are you familiar with
      his theories?
      - I have read some about his ideas about modern quantum mechanics,
      but not much more.
      - Did you say you were a nuclear physicist?
      - Yes, I am.
      The man who called himself doctor Reuben Hudson smiled again.
      - An interesting profession, he said. You must be a very busy man,
      doctor Lehnsherr. You do have a doctor's degree, haven't you?
      - Yes...
      - I thought you had. But now I have kept you long enough. You are
      surely in a hurry, and so am I. In fact I shouldn't even be here.
      It
      was nice talking to you, doctor Lehnsherr.
      - Yes, very nice. But I have to...
      - Of course.
      Magneto wanted to get away from this man. He wasn't sure why
      himself. This man - doctor Hudson - had not seemed threatening; in
      fact he was very calm and correct; even nice. Nor did he seem to show
      any signs of linking Erik Lehnsherr with the terrorist Magneto.
      But still... There was something about this man that
      seemed...spooky.
      Suddenly Erik felt a strong need to visit a toilet. Should he try
      to find one, or just ignore it?
      Yes. He could. There were no people here anymore that could bother
      him and maybe make trouble.
      When Magneto left doctor Hudson, the man was left standing, looking
      after him for a while before he slowly turned around and started
      walking toward the exit.
      He was humming something while he walked.
      ________________________

      Doctor Hannibal Lecter - or as he called himself at the time; doctor
      Reuben Hudson - was left for a while after speaking with the man who
      collided with him and made him drop his briefcase. Erik Lehnsherr, a
      nuclear physicist.
      Doctor Lecter slowly started gliding toward the exit. He knew he
      should hurry away, that he was not safe here. He was not safe
      anywhere, but especially not here.
      FBI was after him like a pack of rabid wolves right now, and his
      picture had once again been put to the ten-most-wanted list. He was
      there together with the Al Qaida terrorist Usama bin Ladin, and some
      other known, wanted criminals.
      Now, in year 2002, Hannibal Lecter had been at large for twelve
      years since his escape in Memphis, and he was more wanted than ever.
      Although, Hannibal Lecter was extremely good at concealing his true
      identity. He had both excellent documents and a lot of money. He was
      good at disguises, if needed, even if he mostly preferred not to use
      them. For even though you knew him, it was not likely that anyone
      would identify him as Hannibal Lecter if you didn't focus
      directly on
      him.
      Doctor Lecter had wanted to attend this lecture so badly. Not only
      because of Stephen Hawking, who actually was one of the few living
      people that doctor Lecter admired; but also because of the theme of
      the lecture; "The Beginning of Time".
      He knew it was ridiculous, but somehow he had hoped that Hawking
      would have changed his conception and gone back to his previous
      theory; that the universe one day would cease to expand and reverse
      the entropy, making time start going backwards.
      Of course Hawking had admitted that he was wrong about his earlier
      theory, and he'd said the same now, in this lecture. Time would
      not
      start going backwards, no matter how badly doctor Lecter wanted it
      to.
      The reasons for his absurd wish he did not want to talk about, but
      they were constantly there, concealed in his subconscious mind.
      Before he had reached the exit, Hannibal stopped. He took out his
      briefcase, whose content had scattered all over the floor when he
      dropped it, to see if everything was still there.
      Lehnsherr had picked up his things and put them back in, but had he
      gotten everything?
      Some papers were a bit creased, but that was alright. His wallet
      was there, his pencil, his packet of cough drops...
      The Harpy was missing. Damn. It must have fallen out of the
      briefcase, and Lehnsherr had missed it.
      The Harpy was a small, retractable pocket knife with a serrated
      blade, which doctor Lecter always carried with him, mostly in self-
      defence, but also since the knife felt so good in his hand, almost
      like a sixth finger.
      He regretted that he'd put it in the briefcase. What if he
      couldn't
      find it now?
      Hannibal was convinced that it would be hard getting one just like
      it if he couldn't retrieve the Harpy.
      The doctor walked back to the place where he collided with
      Lehnsherr. When he couldn't see the knife anywhere on the floor,
      he
      sank down on all fours and looked in under the rows of chairs to see
      if the knife had possibly slipped in between them.
      He spotted it almost at once. Hannibal could almost not describe
      the feeling of relief that came over him when he found the Harpy. It
      was one of his most precious belongings. It had followed him from
      Italy back to the States, and had actually saved his life a number of
      times.
      Soon it would do it again.
      Doctor Lecter rose with the Harpy in his right hand and the
      briefcase under his left. He brought the knife close to his face and
      inhaled its scent. It was faintly metallic.
      For a moment he stood there, in the centre of an empty lecture
      hall, with his eyes closed, obviously lost in thoughts.
      What really went on in his mind was hard to tell, since his
      thoughts quickly passed through his memory palace and didn't stop
      at
      anything more than a fraction of a second.
      Hannibal Lecter was one of very few people who could store memories
      in his head without losing any details or getting confused by the
      huge amount of information which he possessed.
      The doors that opened suddenly and roughly, interrupted
      Hannibal's
      journey through his memory palace abruptly. As in slow motion he
      tilted his head to see what was going on.
      Two men, both wearing black suits, crashed inside. Their pistols
      were pulled and as soon as they saw doctor Lecter they pointed their
      weapons at him.
      - FBI! Freeze! they roared and gestured wildly while doctor Lecter
      stood there, dumbly with open mouth.
      The Harpy quickly disappeared in between two of his fingers.
      - Freeze! one of them called again. Hannibal Lecter! You are under
      arrest! Hold your hands where we can see them.
      Slowly, with their weapons ready, the two FBI-agents began to
      approach the according to so many lethal psychopath.
      Small wrinkles formed in the corners of Hannibal's eyes, but
      otherwise he showed no signs of fear, wrath, or anything else. Within
      him, he sighed.
      He had to grant that the two agents had caught him by surprise, but
      certainly he knew he was constantly in danger, so he was never
      completely unprepared.
      He held his hands up (there wasn't any other choice) but he was
      convinced that neither of the policemen had seen what he had between
      the fingers of his right hand.
      The agents approached him - one from the front and the other one
      from behind. The one who was behind him had taken out a pair of
      handcuffs.
      - Hannibal Lecter, you are under arrest. You have the right to
      remain silent. Everything you say can and will be used against you...-
      While the other one read his rights, the one who was behind
      carefully started pulling down his arms which he held over his head -
      exactly like he had been told - to handcuff him.
      - Don't do anything stupid, Lecter, warned the agent who was
      still
      aiming his gun at him. He had an ID card on his jacket with the name
      Simmons.
      - Not at all, agent Simmons, doctor Lecter replied with a wink. And
      he was going to keep his promise. He wouldn't afford
      anything "stupid" in a situation like this.
      In a flash, before the agent had pulled his other arm behind his
      back, doctor Lecter extracted his Harpy. The blade was small, but it
      was bent like a claw, and razor-sharp.
      The doctor spun around and the knife blade gleamed when he swung
      it. The man who was about to handcuff him cried out, and blood
      immediately spurted from the incision in his belly.
      With the help of his superhuman reflexes Hannibal pulled the blade
      back out of the man's body. The wound itself was not lethal, but
      the
      blood loss could become, if the man wasn't given medical care
      shortly.
      A shot was fired and whistled past doctor Lecter's head.
      Agent Simmons missed. Before he had a chance to fire a second time,
      the doctor lunged at him, and efficiently and expertly kicked the
      pistol out of his hand.
      Simmons swung his fist at Lecter, but the doctor ducked and
      simultaneously hit the FBI-agent straight in the face with his left
      hand, where he wasn't holding the Harpy.
      Then he gave the significantly larger man a hard push which made
      him fall backwards onto the floor. It was impossible to imagine how
      strong Hannibal Lecter really was, before you had experienced it.
      Doctor Lecter didn't bother to stay and kill Simmons. He only
      wanted to get out. He had nothing personal against the two agents.
      He kicked Simmons' pistol against the many rows of chairs
      before he
      headed off for the exit.
      While Simmons, with a broken nose and a knocked out tooth, dug for
      a revolver in his ankle holster, doctor Lecter ran toward the door
      and ripped it open before the agent could fire another shot.
      His goal was to get out of there. How that would happen, he
      didn't
      know yet. It was possible that there were more cops outside, watching
      his car. But he couldn't stay in here either.
      As he ran he tried every door he saw, hoping to find one that was
      unlocked.
      Finally he found one that was. The last thing that doctor Lecter
      thought of, before he slipped in, was that the Harpy had save him
      again.
      __________________________

      Magneto came out of the toilet booth and went to the washstand to
      wash his hands. There were six booths in this restroom, and one
      washstand for each booth. Erik went to one in the middle.
      There was no soap. He squeezed the container, but nothing came out.
      He sighed.
      This was a well-known and renowned university. Couldn't they
      even
      make sure that the toilets had soap?
      He moved to another washstand to see if there was any soap left in
      the other container. He never found out. Suddenly the door was opened
      and a man entered.
      Erik looked at him and immediately recognized him as the man he
      collided with in the lecture hall. Doctor Reuben Hudson.
      Their eyes met again. Erik could see that doctor Hudson had red
      stains in his face, that looked suspiciously similar to blood.
      The man seemed completely calm. The light was reflected in his eyes
      again, and the red dots came back. He walked towards Erik and stopped
      about three feet from him. They were still looking into each
      other's
      eyes.
      - I am sorry, doctor Lehnsherr, he said with his correct, cultured
      and raspy voice.
      Then he unexpectedly swung his fist and the blow hit Erik, who
      didn't have a chance to avoid it, on the right side of his neck.
      Magneto never really saw it coming. This man's sudden, hard
      blow
      made him sink down on the floor onto his hands and knees, gasping for
      air.
      For a short moment he was convinced that the punch had crushed his
      larynx, and that he would die within a few minutes. He was still semi-
      unconscious - and very stunned - when the man who claimed to be
      doctor Hudson tore him up from the floor with strength such a small
      man shouldn't possess.
      He pulled Erik's head back and placed his other hand around his
      sore throat.
      The strength in the grip appeared huge. Now Erik realized he was in
      trouble. Without knowing why "doctor Hudson" had attacked
      him, he was
      desperately beginning to look for something to magnetize.
      - Stop! the man hissed in his ear. I can break your neck any time I
      wish. Don't scream. Do you think you can stop yourself from
      screaming?
      Erik didn't answer, but doctor Hudson continued without
      expecting a
      reply.
      - I am sorry. Believe me, I am. You seemed to be a charming and nice
      man, and I did not wish you this. But now I happen to be in trouble,
      and I need help. If you do as I say, and act like a good boy without
      making trouble, I will release you unharmed when I no longer need
      you. I promise I will release you. You actually can trust me, even
      though you might have some trouble realizing it after this.
      But, if you on the other hand start to pester me, and try something
      that worsens my situation even more, the last sound which you'll
      ever
      hear will be the sound of your own neck, breaking.
      Do we understand each other? Wink twice for yes.
      Erik was in shock, but did as the man suggested, and winked.
      - Thank you. Fine. I knew you were a reasonable man. Now... Answer
      a few questions. Do you have a car? You can speak.
      - Yes... outside... Magneto croaked.
      - Excellent. Then we can start by getting out of here.
      - You can have the car, just...-
      - Schh. I will tell you what to do. Follow my instructions and you
      will get away without a scratch.
      The terrible iron-grip of Erik's neck did not ease. He was
      convinced that this strange man could break his neck if he wanted to.
      He'd better do as he said. At least until he loosened his grip.
      A car, despite it was expensive, and relatively new, was a small
      price to pay when it came to one's life.
      - I will let go of your neck when we get out, Lecter said. Try to
      remember my words. I wasn't joking.
      No, Erik thought. I almost realized that...

      A/N: *For those of you who doesn't know - Professor Stephen
      Hawking
      DOES exist. He is not an invention of my imagination. His
      lecture, "The Beginning of Time" also exists.*