Bloody Ink

  • Dex
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 3:05 AM
      Some of you may remember that I used to run a column called Bloody Ink; a
      writer's review column, designed to help people in their fanfiction. It
      went slowly defunct, about the money stopped coming in from the website.

      Things have changed.

      I've spoken with a lot of 'dinos'. I've spoken with a lot of 'newbies'. A
      large number of people feel that there isn't a place that they can learn
      new tips, find critical feedback, and flex their creative muscle in comic
      fanfiction on the net. Well, that's all about to change.

      Bloody Ink goes to mailing list format. It can be found at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodyink/. The archives will always be open
      to the general public. The focus of the list is for writers. A writer
      writes, therefore, everyone on the list will write, contribute and
      hopefully learn from those around them.

      The rules are simple. If you join the list, you will be required to
      particapate in one challange per quarter (every three months). The
      challanges range from 5 minutes to 2500 words. There is one challange per
      month. The person issuing the challange will change every month. Anyone who
      has an idea for a challange can e-mail me at dexf@....

      However, the challanges do not define the list. It will also be open for
      essays on writing, from topics as general as "The proper use of 'than'" to
      specific, such as "Modern Cajun, as spoken by Gambit". It is also open for
      writer's resources, from articles on fanfiction to links to basic writing
      techniques to archives of names by culture and geography. Bloody Ink is
      designed to by a part of a writer's toolkit, whether you're brand new to
      fanfic or are winding down your career after ten years. Something for
      everyone, and hopefully, a place that brings new ideas and drive to your work.

      The first challange will go out on March 1st. Any questions can be directed
      to dexf@....