FIC: Reunion, part 20/20
- *Yes, this is the last part.*
Logan was dressing in the morning after waking up. Rogue did the
same. When Logan turned his head to look at her she was just pulling
on her long, white cotton gloves.
When Logan was finished buttoning his shirt, he went and sat down
next to her, on the edge of her bed.
They slept in single bed nowadays, since it was considered too
risky to sleep in a double bed, in spite that it was large. Rogue had
coldly refused to wear gloves and protective clothing while she
slept, so this had been the best (or only) solution. Their beds stood
about three feet apart.
- Hey, sweetie, Logan said and put his arm around Rogue's
shoulders. It was safe now, since she wore a long-sleeved sweater,
plus her gloves.
- The professor asked us to come to the dining room eight A.M.
today, he continued. It's ten to eight now. We should go soon.
- I don't know if I wanna go... Rogue murmured slowly. I don't
wanna be anywhere where there's people. Not now, I don't.
- Marie... Now you're being silly. What exactly do you mean by
- You know what I mean. Why can't I... just be a normal mutant? I
hate this goddamn curse! she exclaimed and held her gloved hands in
front of her. We won't ever be able to love a normal life, not after
- Who says we can't? Logan asked.
- That's quite obvious, isn't it? Rogue continued irritably. You
won't stay with me. You'll leave me.
- Marie, what are you saying? I will never...-
- Logan, you're a man. Don't you think I understand? If you can't
have sex with me, then you'll have it with someone else.
- Well... Logan said and shrugged. I'll just get a blow-up doll, or
Rogue's eyes narrowed and she gave him a strange look.
- Honey, that was a joke! Logan exclaimed and couldn't help
laughing. I will never cheat on you or leave you. Sex is the smallest
- You say that now, but later...-
- You're making it sound like I was some kind of sex-maniac.
- I'm sorry, Rogue sighed. My defences are up. I'm just jealous of
everyone else that has a normal life. Scott and Jean, for instance,
and... I even envy professor Xavier and Magneto.
Logan laughed. - Don't, honey. We'll be just fine. Besides, Jean's
working on a new serum. She'll find one. You'll see that.
- I really hope you're right.
- I'm always right. Trust me. I think we should go down. Are you
Logan carefully kissed the top of her head before they got up and
When Logan and Rogue arrived at the dining room and sat down at the
table, all the other X-men were already there, plus professor Xavier
himself, sitting at one short end, with Magneto next to him.
It was impossible to avoid seeing that the two older men were
holding each other's hands.
Logan tried to be polite and not stare, and Rogue had to resist the
urge to laugh at Logan.
The table was set and the breakfast was ready. Everyone started to
eat when those who were meant to come were on location.
Professor Charles Xavier began to speak solemnly.
- I summoned you here for a very special purpose, my friends, he
said, smiling. He was still holding Magneto's hand.
- I think we all know... Scott muttered with his mouth full of
- It is good that you already know, Scott, but maybe not everybody
is as well informed, Xavier replied kindly. Yes, I was to bring up
something that actually concerns my personal life, but that still
concerns you enough for you to be a part of it.
He looked at Magneto with a smile, and Magneto shyly smiled back.
- Erik and I, he began, have a very special relationship. He is my
friend and my soulmate and has again become my lover. That is what I
wanted to discuss with you. Most of you perhaps already know, and I
truly hope this does not affect your way of seeing me or your
conception of me.
- Charles, Jean said. Of course it doesn't. We want you to be
happy, and if you are happy with Magneto, then we don't mind it.
- So you two are...a couple, or something? Rogue asked carefully.
- Yes, Marie, you could say that, Charles replied.
- I actually didn't know you were a homosexual, Logan said frankly.
- No, I know. I have been only asexual for so long that you surely
believed I had no sex life at all. And I haven't had any, for over 20
years, but now when Erik and I have found back to each other, things
have changed, and I am happy for it.
- Will he stay here? Logan asked.
- No, I won't, Magneto answered, now speaking for the first time.
In fact I will leave tomorrow. But Charles and I will continue to
have a steady relationship, and I will continue to visit your mansion
as often as I can spare time. I really hope that none of you have
anything against my presence here. I promise that when I come, I will
try to be invisible and not disturb anybody.
- Of course you are welcome here, Erik, Storm said. I'm actually
glad to have you here. I have hardly ever seen Charles so happy as he
is with you.
Magneto smiled. - Thank you, Storm. To know you have accepted me
means a lot to me.
- Scott, do you have anything to add? asked Charles.
Cyclops sighed. - I'm not very fond of Magneto, he admitted. But if
he makes you happy, then I don't begrudge you that. But I'm doing it
for you, Charles. You deserve to be happy.
- I'm not asking you to like me, Magneto said. But what I do want,
is your respect, and that you respect Charles' and my relationship.
It makes everything so much simpler.
- Logan? Xavier asked. I know you've been having difficulties...-
Logan held up his hand and silenced him. - It's okay, he said. Do
what you want, but remember what I told you about the door, Mags.
Magneto nodded and couldn't help smiling, but the rest threw
curious looks at him and Logan.
- Come here, suddenly Charles said and took Magneto's head in his
hands. And then he kissed him. It was a long, hot and deep kiss, and
the five other people around the table started to cheer and applaud.
At that moment Charles felt this might work, after all.