An X-men Prayer

  • Linda J <adnilnosnhoj@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2003
      I didn't write this; don't know who did. But it sure is clever!

      An "X-Men Prayer"

      Ever wonder what a prayer from an x-man might sound like? And not
      just Kurt being the one to say it? Here is the result I was given.

      Lord, let not Magneto triumph over me. Give me strength when
      Apocalypse threatens or Sinister looms. Guide me when Sabretooth
      roars or Juggernaut approaches. Deliver me from the Friends Of
      Humanity and let not my death be caught on CNN. Let my powers be
      controllable and my appearance as ordinary as possible. Keep the
      Professor from finding out I changed the Danger Room drills or snuck
      out for pizza. Help me to be strong and to remember that my
      teammates, however scantily dressed, are due my respect. Their backs
      and bodies that I admire may be all that covers me in a desperate
      fight or rush to safety. Teach me to respect my limits and strengths
      and the ways that turn others evil so that I may never follow them.
      Let my life be for a cause and not to cause more harm than good. And
      forgive all the collateral damage created by the use of my mutation
      that you have seen fit to give me. And most of all, may I never
      think
      myself so powerful I forget the need and love of my X-Men family.
      Amen.