FIC: Tag You're It PG (no pairing) 1/1

  • cschoolgirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2002
      Title: Tag You're It
      Author: cschoolgirl
      Email: cschoolgirl70@...
      Rating: PG (no pairing) 1/1
      Disclaimer: Fox and Marvel have all the real power.
      Archive: Lists. Ask, I'll say yes.
      Feedback: That would be nice, I will even read
      criticism.
      Author's Notes: Thanks to Jamie for the beta. Khaki
      is responsible for this being finished, without her
      there would be no ending.
      FYI: This is from Bobby's POV and is more of a trailer
      fic than anything else. If your curious it went with
      the following pictures on Diebin's site
      (http://www.tapfer.org/xmen/trailer/index.html):7, 27,
      35, & 58 of the first trailer.

      He really hated this game, but he did care what the
      prize was. This was the second time they had played
      at night. At least this time Logan wasn't 'it.'
      Bobby was the first one at the rendezvous point; all
      he could do was stay hidden and wait.

      The game was a weird variation of tag. The students
      were divided into teams and assigned to one of the
      teachers. Once everyone knew their teammates, they
      were separated and dispatched to far flung areas of
      the mansion. When the Professor, referee and
      telepathic monitor, sent the message, everyone was to
      make it back to the team rendezvous point. After the
      team was reassembled, they were to make their way to
      base. Tonight's base happened to be the rec room.

      It sounded easy, but there were a couple of rules.
      First, no powers. Second, after meeting up you had to
      work as a team. Third, unless you were tagged you
      couldn't interfere with the other teams. Finally, the
      teacher without a team was 'it,' and this time Mr.
      Summers had that honor.

      He was to tag as many students as possible. When
      someone was 'dead' the Professor would announce it to
      everyone. The tagged students joined the 'it' team,
      and they didn't have to stay together. That meant
      that the first team reaching base with the most
      surviving members won.

      Jubilee came in from the hall, and he waved her over.
      "We're waiting for Logan, Krista, and Michael."

      She nodded. "I swear Piotr lets himself get tagged
      every time. He likes..."

      He clamped a hand on her mouth and signaled to a
      barely audible noise behind them. Damn, he didn't
      want to 'die' this early in the game. Unlike Piotr,
      he didn't like playing 'it'. He learned that the
      first time he played the day version a year ago. He
      had been 'it' only one time since then.

      "If you two are finished giving yourselves away, let's
      go." Bobby peered up from their hiding place to see
      Logan standing above him.

      They scrambled out from behind the bookcase. Logan
      was already at the doorway listening for movement in
      the hall. Cradled in his arms was Michael with Krista
      in tow.

      Michael and Krista were the youngest of the students
      that had stayed during vacation. Although the other
      teachers had reservations at their inclusion, Xavier
      was sure that the two younger students could handle
      the game. Bobby thought it odd that Logan had been
      assigned the youngest students.

      Logan motioned them over and Bobby decided to bring up
      the rules. He couldn't understand why Michael was
      being carried. "That's cheating. Everyone has to
      make it to base on their own two feet."

      Krista gestured to Michael's leg, smiling broadly up
      at Logan. "Wounded."

      Bobby looked down and for the first time noticed that
      Michael was holding the sock and shoe from his left
      foot. His ankle looked slightly puffy. Well, in that
      case, he guessed the Professor made a ruling. Nobody
      was disqualified unless they were seriously injured,
      and Michael was smiling. Probably just a twisted
      ankle.

      His conclusion drawn, he felt a sharp pain on the back
      of his head. He stumbled forward a step from the
      force of the impact. Turning around he watched
      Jubilee lower her hand after smacking him.

      "Did you eat a bowl of stupid for lunch? Wolvie would
      never be caught cheating." Narrowing his eyes, he
      started to comment, but was interrupted by Logan.

      "Bobby, take point."

      He wanted to protest, but decided he didn't need to
      get popped again.

      Checking both directions, he snuck into the hall,
      followed by Jubilee and Krista. Logan brought up the
      rear with Michael still firmly in his grasp. Their
      team needed to get to the end of the hall, past four
      classrooms down the right corridor, then past the
      foyer to the rec room.

      Quietly making their way toward safety, there was one
      room left. Peeking in the door, Bobby saw Mr. Summers
      surveying the room. He held up a hand to halt the
      team. Drawing two fingers horizontally across his
      eyes, he pointed into the room. He hoped the others
      understood what he was trying to tell them.

      Logan nodded and indicated for everyone to cross one
      at a time. Tip-toeing down the hall to make as little
      noise as possible, Bobby looked back when he heard
      Logan swear.

      "Haul ass you three." Logan started running as Mr.
      Summers rushed out of the room in hot pursuit.

      Bobby ran past the foyer. Entering the rec room,
      Jubilee slid past him into the couch like it was home
      plate. Krista tripped and stumbled through the door
      right behind them. They all turned around to see
      Logan barely slip in the room before being grabbed by
      his shoulder. Mr. Summers ran squarely into his back
      as Logan came to a dead stop. Without saying a word,
      Mr. Summers straightened up and jogged back down the
      hall in search of the other teams.

      Ms. Monroe looked up from her place on the couch.
      "What took you so long?"

      Logan carefully set Michael down next to her before
      stretching out on the far end. "We had casualties."

      "We lost one also," she commented, beginning to
      examine Michael's ankle.

      Krista and Jubilee settled down with Ms. Monroe's team
      to watch TV. Bobby choose to remain near the
      entrance, where he could easily catch sight of the
      other teams make their dash for base.

      ~~~~~

      "Another team coming in," Bobby announced from the
      archway ten minutes later. Both Logan and Ms. Monroe
      turned around to watch Dr. Grey's team make their way
      down the hall.

      Bobby counted the students. "She didn't lose anyone."

      At that same instant Kitty charged from one of the
      rooms, tackling the last student to pass by. The
      others began running. Dr. Grey jumped over the
      tangle of limbs on the floor that was Kitty and Remy.
      Piotr stepped out from the foyer effectively blocking
      the end of the hall. The entire team went down in a
      big heap on top of him. Only one of the smaller girls
      was able to wiggle free and make it to safety. Ms.
      Monroe and Logan began laughing as the lone survivor
      made her way over to watch TV.

      As the other students left in search of the remaining
      team, Dr. Grey headed to the couch. "The Professor
      tells me that there is a young man in need of
      assistance." She smiled warmly down at Michael
      sitting beside Ms. Monroe. "Do you think you can
      walk, or do you need carried?"

      Michael looked over to Logan, who raised an eyebrow
      and shrugged at him. Michael looked back up at Dr.
      Grey and squared his shoulders. "I think I can walk."
      They left hand in hand for the elevator.

      Logan looked over at Bobby. "Hank's got his work cut
      out for him now; seven to five ain't good odds."

      Bobby took the bait. "Hank's smart. He won't ..." he
      trailed off as Logan began chuckling.

      Moments later all eyes were drawn to the opposite end
      of the room. On the far wall a window seemed to be
      opening on its own. The bottom sash of the window
      carefully inched its way up until two blue, furry
      hands grabbed the bottom, pulling it completely open.
      A pair of feet landed on the sill. Dropping through
      the window, John turned around to help the rest as
      Hank lowered them from above. After Rogue came
      through the window, they stepped out of the way
      letting Hank struggle to get his shoulders through.

      "Oh my stars, I didn't anticipate this quandary."
      Twisting and turning he unceremoniously landed on the
      floor. Several students giggled at the scene as Hank
      got up and brushed himself off.

      As soon as Hank recovered and gathered his team, the
      Professor wheeled into the room followed by the 'it'
      team. "Well done, Dr. McCoy. Your team wins
      tonight's challenge. If they would go clean up, we
      will meet in the foyer in twenty minutes. I will call
      ahead to make sure the pizza is ready."

      Hank's team began to slap him on the back and dance
      around him. Bobby almost laughed when they started
      singing; he really hated to bring the rules up again.
      "Umm...Professor, we weren't allowed outside of the
      mansion."

      Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at
      the Professor expectantly. Bobby looked at Hank's
      faltering smile and wished he hadn't said anything.

      "Quite right, Bobby. Technically they did leave the
      mansion; however, they did not touch the ground. I
      will have to keep that in mind for future challenges."

      The Professor maneuvered his wheelchair to leave.
      "Nevertheless, Dr. McCoy's team is tonight's winner."
      Everyone watched as he went down the hall. ~I hope
      everyone else enjoys their meatloaf.~

      A loud shout came from Hank's team as they all ran off
      toward the dorms. Those students left simply looked
      around at each other. Bobby watched as Logan got up
      and grabbed is jacket from a chair.

      "Well, I'm headed out for the evening." Logan smiled
      at the others, put on his jacket and walked out the
      front door.

      Jubilee was the only one not able to hide her
      disappointment as Mr. Summers and Ms. Monroe began
      herding everyone to the dinning hall. "No way dude,
      this is so not right!" Jubilee's eyes focused in on a
      tall figure at the front of the group. "Piotr!"

      Bobby watched Piotr freeze like a deer caught in
      headlights at Jubilee's high pitched yell. Jubilee
      raised her sparkling hands in the air and Piotr took
      off like a shot down the hall with Jubilee in hot
      pursuit. Bobby continued into the dining area with a
      smile on his face. In the background he heard the
      snap, crackle, pop of an irritated Jubilee. He was
      glad he didn't set off that firecracker.

      =====
      http://www.angelfire.com/comics/cschoolgirl/index.html

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com