poem

  • Linda J
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2002
      9/11

      All my life I watched the battles rage between good and evil.
      The Super-heroes fighting against the Super-villains.
      In no place other than New York City;
      Where there was always some one out to get some one else.
      Until that day when true villainy was seen.

      We saw the true heroes of the city that day;
      Though they did not have super powers like x-ray vision; and super-
      human speed.
      What they had was more powerful still;
      They had courage, determination, and the prayers of a nation behind
      them
      Which gave them strength, day after day to dig through the rubble and
      debris.

      Were they there as well, do you suppose?
      Spiderman, Dare Devil, and the Hulk?
      Would it have been such a surprise to see Wolverine and Sabretooth
      Working together side by side, carrying away the concrete and steel
      As the nation healed from her wounds?

      On September eleven, two-thousand one
      Only what we could have imagined in a comic book world
      Tore across our skies and hit our concrete reality
      And forever changed our lives.

      IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES;
      AND FOR THOSE WHO WORKED TO GIVE THEM PEACE -Linda J.