ADMIN: Change of Leadership

  • Diebin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hello, X-Fans!

      The time has come for Shana, Donna and Diebin to retire from active
      moderating. All three of us have found ourselves buried under other work
      recently, and realized that while now this list does not demand a lot of
      attention, it may when the sequel comes out, and we don't have that
      attention to give.

      In the interest of finding strong, diverse moderators, we have searched far
      and wide to select two candidates who we believe can lead X-Men Movie
      Fanfic into the Era of Sequel.

      I present to you . . . your new moderators.

      Minisinoo {minisinoo@...}
      to learn more about Minisinoo, visit her website at:
      http://www.greymalkinlane.com/min/index.html

      Victoria P {victoria_p@...}
      to learn more about Victoria P, visit her website at:
      http://www.unfitforsociety.net/musesfool/

      Donna, Shana and I will still be around in the background if they need us,
      but from today forward, please consider these two lovely ladies as the
      Captains of the X-Men Starship.

      Thank you for your time, and I now invite our new moderators to post an
      e-mail introducing themselves to everyone. *g*

      -Diebin
      former co-mod, XMMFF
    • victoria_p@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
        I guess I should introduce myself, then.

        I'm Victoria P. I've been in XMM fandom almost since Day 1. Officially since August 2000 anyway.

        I write mostly Logan/Rogue ::waits for groans to die down:: with a side of Cool!Scott *g* and the occasional other pairing.

        My other fandoms include Homicide, Buffy, Angel, and Smallville, with brief forays into LotR, Star Wars and (as a reader only) West Wing.

        If you have any questions let me know off-list.

        As you know, this list is fic-only. We do have a sister list for discussion of fic and all things X-Movie related, including the trailer, and any rumors you may have heard or may hear in the future.

        Now go out there and play ball, er, write fic.

        Cheers,

        victoria

        --

        "Finding love is like solving the perfect crime. You look at every shred of evidence; you talk to every witness; follow up every lead; but more often than not, what wins in the end is pure dumb luck. And you, my friend, are just not lucky." Frank Pembleton, Homicide: Life on the Street

        --

        The Muse's Fool: http://www.unfitforsociety.net/musesfool
        read my diary: http://musesfool.diaryland.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
          Min's intro:

          I'm 38 years old (or as close as makes no dif), a wife, mother, and
          professional author. Fanfic is my hobby. I've read in various
          fandoms, and started out in X-Files several years ago, but X-Men is
          the only fandom in which I've written.

          I write both movieverse and comicverse -- lit-mainstream flavored,
          and I tend towards longer works rather than shorter (series, novellas
          and novels). I'm a Cyke fangirl, and also a fan of Jean. Being an
          "old married woman," I'm interested in the ups and downs of existing
          relationships. In fact, I'm interested in relationships of all
          kinds, so I like to explore friendship and family relationships as
          much as romance.

          I began reading the comics as a young girl back in the seventies, but
          put them away after a while. The movie rekindled my interest and
          I've started collecting again. I'm an old enough X-fan that Storm,
          Wolverine and Nightcrawler were the "new" X-Men to me. Gambit?
          Who's this Gambit guy? :-)

          Anyway, like Victoria, I want to direct your attention to our sister
          discussion group: xmenmoviefanficdisc@yahoogroups.com

          Talk there about X2, fanfic, feedback, or use it to ask research questions.

          =====
          Mitakuye oyasin,
          --Min
          The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic
          http://www.greymalkinlane.com/min

          "He says, '...This here's America ... and if you don't like it here in America, why don't you just get back to where you came from.' So I did. I camped out in his back yard."
          "Wide Open Spaces," Keith Secola

          http://finance.yahoo.com