Re: [x-fiction] [META] X-Day 2002

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2002
      Crossposting it because it may have info of interest to other lists.

      --- Azora K <neverendingboredom@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know if this is this comicverse only or movieverse as
      > well? And do you think they would mind if it was a mixture of the
      > two?

      Submissions may be any -verse. Last year's first place novel/la
      winner was movieverse, so I know they're accepted.

      Shorts are submitted in full, longer pieces should summarized. If
      anyone would like to see what I submitted last year to Shannon for
      the novel summary, here it is:
      http://chronology.net/users/pipiks/xday2001/2001_fic_subs/minisinoo_climbsum.html

      (Now, note, this is about twice as long than the amount of "sample"
      that she requested. She asked for about 1 page, and this was about
      2.5, but I asked her permission in advance and she permitted it due
      to the unusual length of the piece (83,000 words).)

      If a piece won an award in a previous year, obviously it may not be
      submitted again. From the wording, I'm not entirely clear whether a
      *person* who won in a category may submit a different work in the
      same category, or even in a different category. I wrote to Shannon
      to ask. The rules are here:
      http://chronology.net/users/pipiks/xday2002/rules02.html

      Submissions are taken up through September 19th.

      --Min

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com