Fic: "Darker Destiny: Torn To Pieces" (1/1) R

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2002
      Darker Destiny: Torn To Pieces

      By Nadja Lee 14/05/02

      Timeline: Set in the movie universe/an AU. Before the movie

      Universe: Set in the movie universe; NOT the book which goes with it.

      Romance: None

      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.

      Rating: R

      Warning: May contain disturbing elements. This is a VERY dark tale! You have been warned.

      Sequel/series: Part of the “Darker Destiny” series.

      Author’s notes: This is not meant to offend the Christian faith nor the Catholic way of practicing it. If you think a discussion about Christianity, especially the Catholic Christianity, will offend or disturb you then please read no further. Thanks.

      Thanks to Estelle for the Beta.

      Have you ever wondered what it is like when your mind and heart are being torn in two?

      As a child everything is simple; there is only back and white, good or evil. As you grow older the colours mix to form grey and everything gets so complicated.

      Faith is simple for a child, there are no complicated questions and there are always answers. As one grows older the questions get deeper and the answers disappear. Everything becomes maybes, nothing is certain anymore.

      My faith has always been strong, I’ve never doubted there is a God out there and that was why I chose to dedicate my life to the Catholic Church. However even though I’m sure of that one fact everything else stands so unclear to me. When I pray I wonder; shall I pray for something and then think ‘of course it’ll happen because I have faith in God’ or shall I think ‘He might not do it’. The first could be arrogant while the latter could be taken as doubt. What is the right way? Is there even a right way?

      Is it all right for me to pray for something for myself or is that wrong? Should all my prayers be for others? If I have one impure thought will it send me to Hell? Is there even a Hell? If God is Goodness and forgives then there shouldn’t be a Hell but there might be one…….What IS God? Not a man, not a person. That is a child’s point of view. A gathering of all that is good? An every present being, existing in everything and all around us? But if that is true then there can’t be a Hell because revenge and punishment aren't some of the light and good emotions and desires. On the other hand who am I to judge what I can’t possibly understand?

      My thoughts have been in turmoil ever since a girl has awoken my heart with forbidden desires and I’ve begun to have doubts. Is it God’s will that I’m to be denied of love, of a family of my own? How can that be if God is pure Goodness and Love? Shouldn’t He then encourage it? But again; who am I to question these things?

      I think of her and long for her though I know I shouldn’t. I try not to, I try so hard but she’s either an angel sent to ease my loneliness or the devil in disguise showing me a sure way to Hell. My mind is being torn in two as my heart is breaking. I don’t know what to do; I’m so confused.

      My God……….please help me. Save me. I do not know where to go from here. Please, I beg of You………don’t leave me now.