Fic: "Darker Destiny: Nowhere To Run" (1/1) R

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2002
      Darker Destiny: Nowhere To Run

      By Nadja Lee 14/05/02

      Timeline: Set in the movie universe/an AU. Before the movie

      Universe: Set in the movie universe; NOT the book which goes with it.

      Romance: None

      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.

      Rating: R

      Warning: May contain disturbing elements. This is a VERY dark tale! You have been warned.

      Sequel/series: Part of the “Darker Destiny” series.

      Have you ever wondered what it is like to think you've found Heaven only to find you’re in Hell?

      This wasn’t how it was supposed to go; this wasn’t what I had planed, hoped and prayed for. Not at all.

      It started out like a fairytale; he was 22, I was 16. I had no one and he easily swept me off my feet. He promised me Heaven, he promised me love…….and fool I was; I believed him.

      The first couple of months were good; he was good to me. No one had ever cared for me before. His approval and happiness began to mean the world to me; dangerously so.

      We married when I got pregnant and things started to go down hill from there. He would disappear for hours and return drunk, he began to seem aggressive and distant. Gone was the kind man I had married and a stranger stood in his place.

      After Melissa, our daughter, was born things took a turn for the worse. Her screaming irritated him, everything she did irritated him. My protectiveness of her irritated him. He began drinking and lost his job because of it and that was the last drop.

      I remember as clearly as if it was yesterday the first time he hit me. We had had a fight, Melissa was screaming, the livingroom was a mess and I hadn’t had time to make dinner. My first thought had been surprise and then anger. With a defiance I in hindsight wished I had left behind long ago I yelled at him and warned him never to touch me again. This only angered him further and long into the night when I finally was able to drag myself up from the floor, sure he was out drinking again, I felt a fear unlike any I had ever felt before. The fear overshadowed the pain I felt in my abused body and through tear-filled eyes and trembling hands I tried to clean myself up, looking over my shoulder in fear every other second.

      Since then my life turned into a nightmare. The constant fear is indescribable; just his voice makes me tremble. I tried to leave with Melissa not long after that first time but he found me again and made sure I never dared try that again.

      Six years have passed and Melissa has gotten a baby brother; Max. Their father does have his good days and children do need a father…….but if I ever got half a chance I would be out of here in a second. Alone I might have a chance but I can’t leave my children. I won’t let him hold them and I would die before I let him hit them; so far I’ve managed to keep them away from him. He doesn’t really care for them anyway.

      I want to give them so much more than this; they should have all the chances I never got. But how can I provide for them; I have no education. How can I take care of them when I can’t even take care of myself?

      I’m so lost, I feel so alone. The angst and fear lies so thick in the house you could cut through it with a knife. It’s the constant fear and uncertainty that is the worst, it gives a feeling of helplessness I can’t even being to describe. My happiest days are when he’s away and I can play with the children in peace and for a little while pretend I did get my fairytale life that I dreamed of as a child.

      My dreams never came true. At 22 I know they never will. It’s too late for me now. I’m broken and lost. But my kids……..they still have a chance. Somehow, someday…….I will get them away from here and someplace better. I will………….one day………..I will………….

      ~Jubilee