Tarch's Disaster

  • tarchannon_d
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2002
      Hi all!

      Sorry for the wide broadcast, but this is the only way I can think to
      get the message out at the moment.

      Last night disaster struck - lightning, cable modem, snap, crackle,
      pop. Dead computer (even with an expensive APC). Hence, I will be at
      least partially out of the loop for a week or two or more. I hope to
      have my e-mail ('cause by bloody ISP doesn't have web mail yet) back
      through my laptop later next Monday. I'll find out later today what
      they scoop is on my computer (thankfully it's well insured), but it
      may take some time before I can get a new one to the house, unboxed
      and everything reinstalled. Have to rebuild the entire bloody network!

      Fortunately, I had backed up all my docs to CD a month ago, and
      burned a CD of my stories the day previous, so my WIP are still there
      (since I have five stories running, this is a good thing). I know I
      have a couple of things to beta for others, but they are very likely
      gone, and I won't be able to do them (unless you want to wait a few
      weeks). I apologize.

      So, wish me luck. It's a crappy way to get a new computer. :(

      I will be reading the groups at work (ducks...) when I can, but
      please don't e-mail me for a week to reduce the strain of my mailbox.

      Thanks

      Tarch