Original characters need beta reader help!

  • azorakatherine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2002
      Argh! Attack of the Mary Sues!

      I have an in-progress story that I need one, or preferably two, beta
      readers for. I'm having trouble continuing because the poor,
      defenseless original characters have some Mary Sue-ish qualities.
      They aren't horrible, but they are there and they're making me
      cringe. I guess I need to know how much Mary Sueishness is okay, and
      what I might be able to remove to make it less blaring.

      I need some reassurance and some discussion about character and plot
      development. At this point, it's about 15,000 words, so a reader
      would have to devote a little time to it, and, if possible, some
      additional time in the future.

      I need HONEST critiques, with negative and positive feedback. This
      story isn't halfway finished, and I don't want to invest in such a
      large undertaking if it sucks.

      This is set in movieverse, with only a small amount of comic canon,
      but any X-familiar writer would do nicely.

      I know I'm asking a lot, but I'm desperate. I throw myself at your
      mercy! Please, somebody help me!

      -Azora