Fic: "For My Woman" PG (1/1) [Scott/Kitty, Logan/Rogue]

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hi all,

      This is part 6 of my "Forbidden Love" series; Scott's POV

      Earlier parts are:

      More Than That [Kitty's POV]
      http://www.dreamwater.org/scottsummers/fanfiction/MoreThanThat.htm

      Tell Him [Kitty's POV]
      http://scottsummers.fcpages.com/fanfiction/TellHim.htm

      She’s My Sin [Scott's POV]
      http://www.dreamwater.org/scottsummers/fanfiction/ShesMySin.htm

      Get On With It Already [Logan's POV]

      http://www.dreamwater.org/scottsummers/fanfiction/GetOnWithItAlready.htm

      Wake Up And Smell The Roses [Logan's POV]
      http://scottsummers.fcpages.com/fanfiction/WakeUpAndSmellTheRoses.htm

      And here are part 6; enjoy:

      For My Woman By Nadja Lee 25/11/01

      Disclaimer: “Poem For My Little Lady” was sung by Kenny Rogers and belong to him, the song writers and his record company and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.

      Timeline: Set in the movie universe. After the movie

      Universe: Set in the movie universe; NOT the book which goes with it.

      Romance: Scott/Kitty, Logan/Rogue

      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.

      Rating: PG

      Sequel/series: Part 6 in “Forbidden Love” series.

      Dedicated to Leah with love and thanks.

      Thanks to Estelle for the Beta.

      * * *

      She’s all I’m not. She’s perfect. How can she love me? How can she adore me so? I look at her sleeping in my arms and a smile comes to my lips. She is an Angel and she is all mine. Yet I can’t help this feeling…….I’m not good enough for her, she deserves so much more.

      Young and soft and kind and gentle………she’s all that and more. Me? What am I? What can I possibly give her that she’ll want?

      I’m selfish enough not to regret marrying Kitty for real after Logan’s little stunt. Kitty looked so happy and enjoyed both our weddings; a Jewish one and a Catholic one. She looked stunning at both occasions and as I saw her my heart filled with love so strongly it was almost painful. I had Logan as best man; he had after all brought us together and he kinda grows on you though I would never tell him that. Kitty had chosen Rogue as her maid of honour and Xavier had given her away since her father wouldn’t come. We had contacted him and he had been furious. Not about she and me being mutants but about me being older than her. He called me irresponsible and said I was using Kitty; taking advantage of her. Kitty tried to calm me and told me that wasn’t the case but at night I wonder if he’s right. Am I breaking all bonds and all vows I ever vowed to hold? Am I using her shamelessly? I would rather die than hurt her but what if my love hurts her? Can I leave her? Can I be the better person and give up my love for her?

      It’s just that she deserves so much more than this; she deserves a whole lot better than me. When I’m apart from her my heart is bleeding but I can still think clearly and take the decision to leave; to be the better man. But when I return to her at night and see her smile at me and read her love in her eyes and feel her arms around me…..all my good intentions melt away. I should be strong enough to leave; to do the honourable thing but I’m not. I love her too much. I need her too much.

      I can’t let her go and I never will. If loving me is really all she ever wants I'm gonna let her. I still can’t understand how she could ever choose someone like me to give her love to but I’ll let her. How can I not? Her love is a gift; so rare and pure. So I’m gonna let her love me and I'll try and be the kind of man she thinks I am. I’ll try to be kind, noble, brave, valiant, smart and handsome……..I’ll try and be the Prince she has made me in her mind because God knows; she’s the Queen of my heart.

      She makes these soft kitten sounds and tremble when I make love to her. She makes me feel strong and whole; she makes me complete. I couldn’t live without her; I hurt just being apart from her.

      When she lies in my arms at night she whispers she can’t wait to be my babies mother. She’s the only gleam of God I’ll ever see. She’s as pure as virgin snow, she’s the best thing in my life. I thank the Lord every day for the gift of her love and for having her in my arms and lying in bed next to her at night.

      Though she deserves so much better, so much better than me I’m gonna let her love me and I’ll try to be the man she thinks I am.

      The End