Fic: "Do You Love Me?" R (1/1) [Scott/Jean, Logan/Rogue]

  • Nadja Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2002
      Do You Love Me?
      By Nadja Lee 6/06/02
      Disclaimer: “Sometimes When We Touch” was sung by Dan Hill (at least this version I’m listening to now is *LOL*) and belong to him, song writers, record company and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Timeline: Set in the movie universe.
      Universe: Set in the movie universe.
      Romance: Scott/Jean, Logan/Rogue
      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.
      Rating: R.
      Sequel/series: Comparison piece to “Cuts Like A Knife”
      Thanks to Estelle for the Beta

      * * *
      Part 1:
      “Do you love me, Jean?”
      You can’t ask like that. You can’t ask me that. I choke on my reply, I don’t know what to say or do…I’ll rather hurt you honestly than mislead you with a lie.
      Love has never been something clear and pure to me. It has always been a game. In my home there was never any ‘I love you’s, hugs or big emotions……..it wasn’t done. I’m not sure I would know how to do it. In time you lose your ability to be honest and pure in your love and I did just that.
      I wouldn’t know how to have a simple love or how to repay it in kind. My love has always been like a conflicted pattern of mixed colours.
      So do I love you? I’m not sure. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I want you near me; other times I want you to stay away. Sometimes I seek your love, other times I provoke your hate. Sometimes I need your respect; other times I purposely destroy it. Sometimes I want you to be safe and other times I seek to hurt you.
      Why? I don’t know. It’s complicated. I've never learned how to love unconditionally; I wouldn’t know how to do that. I hardly know what I want so how should I be able to explain it to others?
      I look at others around me, like Logan and Rogue. They share a special bond, it’s like they are connected at the heart. Their love is pure and unconditional; it’s innocent in its intensity and shines bright through the darkness. They make love seem so simple; like a fairytale. Sometimes I envy them that and other times I only feel contempt.
      Maybe it’s the openness and honesty in their relationship that scares yet excites me. I hardly know who I am or what I want……..if I try to psychoanalyse myself I wouldn’t let myself out among other people for a very long time. The mind is a strange thing; it can save you……..or imprison you and somehow………..it’s always so hard to figure out just which of the two it is you’re doing. Am I freed or imprisoned, locked in my own mind?
      Sometimes I want to hold you till I die, till we both break down and cry……till this pretend and strange game we play is stopped……sometimes I want to hold you till the fear in me subsides. Sometimes I want to hide, run far away, sometimes…….
      Sometimes I want to hurt you, see you bleed, see you cry. Sometimes I want to break you, drive you to your knees, see your heart break and see you beg and plea. Sometimes I want to help you up, guide you, lead you, take care of you and never leave you.
      At times I think we’re drifting apart yet we always come together. We hurt, we love……..it never stops. It’s a circle I can’t break.
      At times I understand you and I feel so near you…….then everything falls apart and you’re a stranger again. At times I want to lay down my pride and just be yours…….at other times I want to stand tall and never break down.
      Sometimes the feelings inside me dim and you’re like a brother or friend but then the flame ignites again and the game is on. Sometimes I close my eyes and just wish things could be simple and I didn’t have to hurt you like I do or take the hurt you give me.
      Who am I to judge you? We’re in a game and generally one I’m winning but you’re coming after it. Sometimes I fear I’ve destroyed the light in you because sometimes I feel no light in you at all, just a cold and cruel cunning, a predator’s smile on your lips……but then the mask falls back into place and I’m left to wonder which part of you is real and which is pretend.
      “ Do you love me?”
      What can I say? I never lie; that’s part of the game. We never lie……in words anyway.
      “Sometimes, Scott…….sometimes.”

      The End

      Comparison piece to “Cuts Like A Knife”