They're my reason rating:R mystique/sabretooth

  • sabretooth_purrs_in_his_sleep
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      I'll let you know when I came up with this, I didn't even know
      Sabretooth's name was Victor Creed. I didn't even know he was THAT
      important a character in the MU, so you can only imagine how off base
      I am from the actual story of Sabretooth's background.
      I started asking myself questions like "why did he join the
      brotherhood in the first place?" or "why doesn't he just kick the
      living crap out of Toad?" because you know he really, really really
      wants to.
      I think some of my ideas about Sabretooth's true self actually comes
      from the actor who played Sabretooth in the movie, Tyler Mane. Not
      that I know him or anything. It's just after I did all this character
      creating, which was after the hoopla from the movie had ended by the
      way, that I came across some archeived interviews with Mr. Mane and I
      started to see where a lot of same general personality make-up
      between the two men were very close. Not that Mr. Mane is this
      psychopath, but that Mr. Creed has more morals than people realize.

      In my first draft, I had Sabretooth telling Toad about his past. Then
      I learned that marvel had at one time paired up Sabre with
      Mystique, and that worked out so much better. That's about the only
      thing you're going to reconize.
      But trust me; I think you're going to like this one.

      DISCLAIMER: This fan-fic is for amusement only. No money will be
      made from it. The characters Sabretooth and Mystique do not belong to
      me, they belong to marvel comics and fox entertainment.
      RATING: R (adult language, mature subjects)

      title: THEY'RE MY REASON
      author: Linda J.

      Mystique rarely had any thing to do with Sabretooth now that she was
      no longer under orders to keep the big jerk happy. Especially once
      she found out about Toad's uniquely talented tongue. Every now and
      then however, she plainly wanted to be fucked like an animal by an
      animal.
      She found him in the gym, bench-pressing 500lbs as easily as he were
      picking dandelions and tossing them into the air. He wasn't wearing
      his usual hand-made leather attire. Rather he wore nothing but a pair
      of red boxer shorts that hung loosly around his narrow hips and oh-so-

      long thighs.
      He had just begun to sweat and his breathing gradually increased as
      his repetitions continued. *Looks like I came at a good time.* she
      thought. *Too bad he's nothing more than a follower.*
      Mystique was an ambitious woman who craved the company of other
      ambitious people and Sabretooth was not an ambitious man. *Oh well.*
      Mystique thought as she watched the felinoid's muscles contract with
      every lift of the bar. *Body by Nautilus. Brains by Mattel.*
      Sabretooth broke the silence. She sometimes forgot that his sense of
      smell was better then hers. "If ya wanna know who's been leavin' the
      seat down again, it ain't me."
      "That's not why I'm here." she spoke in a sultry voice. She was in
      her true form. She slowly walked towards him and began stroking his
      thigh, moving inward to his crotch, and reached inside the opening of
      his boxers to find that large and thick penis of his. "I've got
      better
      things on my mind."
      Sabretooth's eye's popped out of his head as an angry, hateful look
      came over his face. Without hesitation, he kicked her in the chest
      hard enough to send her flying across the room. "Get away from me,
      ya' bitch. Yer had yer chance." Then he recalled. *Shit! I forgot
      this what turns the bitch on.*
      He was right, Mystique's eyes glowed with a fiery lust, as she licked
      her lips and looked hunergily at his incredibly bulky frame. He sat
      up and took a deep breath. Normally by now he would have already been
      on top of her and fighting his way inside. But not today. Not today.
      With his elbows resting on his knees, he put his head in his hands
      and just quietly sat there lost in his thoughts. He wasn't even going
      to look at her.
      Mystique quickly realized that Sabretooth was indeed not interested
      in her at all. "How dare you!! You sorry, stupid, piece of shit!!"
      Mystique didn't handle rejection very well. "You'd still be nothing
      more than a low-life, two-bit, small-time thug if I hadn't introduced
      you to Eric." She hurled herself as hard as she could toward him. She
      was ready to skin this kitty alive.
      Just as she was about to round-house him off the bench, he grabed her
      leg in mid-air. He thought about twisting it until it broke, but knew
      she would only come back for more. It wasn't like him to turn down a
      good fight, just as it wasn't him to turn down a fine piece of ass.
      But sometimes people just weren't themselves.
      With sadness in his eyes,(as hard as they were to read), and in his
      voice, he spoke softly to her. "Nothin' personal, Blue. Just not in
      the mood, OK" With that, he calmly put her leg down and stood up to
      leave the room. "Well I guess if you're not in the mood, you're not
      in the mood." She whispered in shock. Sabretooth grabed his towel and
      without saying a word, left Mystique alone in the gym.
      Except for watching an occasional sports event, Sabretoth spent very
      little time in the rec-room. But there she found him, sitting alone
      on the couch. He was sipping a cold beer and blankly staring at the
      tube.
      He was wearing a pair of torn and badly faded jeans, with a black t-
      shirt that had its sleeves ripped off. His hair a shaggy mess like
      always.
      Perhaps because she could so easily change her physical form that
      making the change from seductress to mother-figure was so easy. She
      was still in her true form when she approached Sabretooth for the
      second time in one day.
      He completely ignored her.
      She casually sat down next to him on the leather couch and looked to
      see what he was watching on the TV. Ironically, it was 'Leave It To
      Beaver' and it just so happend that June was having a heart to heart
      with the Beave.
      Mystique picked up a lock of his long soft blonde hair and began
      twirling it around her finger. "So," she interupted June. "who the
      hell are you and where's the real Sabretooth?" she kindly joked with
      her ex-lover; hoping to break through this shell he had retreated
      into.
      He gave her a quick half-second grin, and gently patted her on the
      lap. Their love-affair had long sense died and he had accepted the
      fact that she never loved him as she had originally led him to
      believe. He still loved her however, and probably always would. But
      still perhaps this was the best day to get something off his chest
      and get straighten Blue out on a few facts.

      "Just for the record babe," Sabretooth spoke in a matter of fact tone
      of voice. "you didn't have a damn thing ta do with me joinin'
      Mags'lil club." For a moment Mystique wondered if he was only trying
      to pull her into an argument. "No?" She mockingly asked. "That's
      right Blue." He knew she could never imagine herself as anything less
      than the center of everyone's universe. "You're not the reason why
      I'm here at all."
      Her body tensed, her face grew dark, but her voice remind calm. "Oh."
      She spoke very cooly. "Then please tell me what IS your reason."
      For a moment Sabretooth sat back and looked at the TV as he thought
      of what to do next. Gradually he reached for his wallet, another hand-

      made leather creation, and solemnly handed her an old pocket size
      picture.
      Mystique looked curiously at the picture. By the worn edges, and
      crease through the middle, it looked to be a few years old.
      It was easy to reconize Vic, even if he had on a baseball cap pulled
      down
      around his eyes. Even then his elbow length blonde hair hung sloppily
      around his face. He had his arm a petite-mousy looking blonde-haired
      woman who was holding a small baby in her arms. There was a girl who
      looked just like him, sitting in a chair in front. There was also
      another child, odviously a mutant also sitting in front. The mutant
      in the photo was, frankly, quite ugly. The face was nothing but black
      fur, with cat like ears and eyes. The whole face was remarkably cat-
      like. It was impossible to tell the sex by the t-shirt and jeans that
      it wore. The one thing that stood out about the picture was they all
      including Vic looked so happy.
      "These people aren't who I think they are, are they?" She asked.
      Sabretooth started to point out each one in the picture with his
      black-clawed index finger. He started with the woman he had his arm
      around.
      "That's Lou-Lou, my first wife. She's holdin' Amber who was about
      five weeks old when this picture was taken." He then pointed to the
      girl who resembled him. "This is Roxanne our oldest. And this is
      Maxine. This picture was taken about fourteen years ago. So, the
      older
      girls are nearly grown and...hell, now wait a minute..." Suddenly he
      realized he had made a mistake "...Roxanne is already grown and goin'
      ta
      college, and Maxine is a senior this year." Mystique
      intrupted. "She's allowed in school?" "Not exactly." Sabretooth
      wasn't worried if Mystique's remark was meant as an insult. He was
      sure she was referring to her own hellish experiences she had while
      in the public school system. "My mom is a retired high-school
      teacher." Sabretooth informed her. "She teaches Max at home."
      She could tell Sabretooth was quite proud of his children just by the
      way his whole face light up just by talking about them. "Sorry to say
      this Vic, but I never took you for a family guy."
      "That's because ya never took the time ta get ta know me, Blue." He
      scolded. "They're everything ta me. Everything." He then began to
      reflect on his past.
      "Lookin' back, things weren't so bad for me growin up in my home
      town. Even when I started changin', -most of ma friends stuck by me."
      *Humph..must have been nice.* Mystique, wisely kept her sarcasm to
      herself. He continued. "Even ma folks handled it all pretty
      well...considerin' how much changin I went through. Well, all but
      these." He lifted his hand shaking it, to emphasize his claws. "My
      ol' man just couldn't deal with 'em. I think it was because once they
      come in, I couldn't play football no more and there went the
      scolarship, right out the fuckin' window." He smiled a little. "Once
      the school told me I couldn't particapate in any more sports, I just
      quit all together and went to work on ma dad's ranch." It seem as
      though he had drifted into a trance as he continued his journey down
      memory lane. "Lou-Lou 'n me was always together, even as kids. We got
      married right after she graduated, and started makin' babies that
      night. Roxanne was born exactly nine months later. An' Blue," He
      turned his body towards her and pretended to be holding his baby girl
      in his hands. "I ain't kiddin ya." Sabretoth's chest was swollen
      with pride and he became teary eyed. "She was the prettiest thing I
      ever saw. I mean that. She
      wasn't like other babies that come out lookin' like they need ta go
      back in and bake sum more. She was perfect." Mystique wisely
      refrained from asking him if that wasn't just the fatherly pride
      talking.
      "We had all our babies delivered at home by the mid-wife 'cause the
      hospital was too far." He suddenly thought to add that bit of
      information in. "Maxine came, and we knew right away she was a
      mutant. We thought about takin' her to the hospital to make sure she
      was alright, but the mid-wife told us about how some mutants were
      treated in hospitals, so we kept her home an' just took real good
      care of her. Max did just fine. A couple of years went by and then
      Amber came next. She come out just fine, too." He stopped there for a
      moment and just looked off into space for a minute or so.
      "Ya know Blue, I was really blessed. I had a good job. Me and ma wife
      loved eachother, and I had three of the prettiest, sweetest, and
      smartest girls a man could ever get. But..." His voice suddenly
      cracked. "...I wanted a son."
      He took a deep breath and exhailed slowly. "I talked Lou-Lou inta
      havin' another baby. She liked kids anyways and said she'd have a
      dozen as long as I was their daddy. About a year later, she was
      pregnant. But almost right away, she felt there was sumthin' wrong.
      She went to the doctor, but he told her there was nothin' ta worry
      about. She had a sonogram done at the hospital, and we learned we was
      havin' a boy after all." Sabretooth paused for a moment. "But Lou-Lou
      was sick most of the time; she wasn't keepin' no food down. She was
      losin' weight, an' she didn't have that much ta lose in the first
      place. I let her rest as much as she thought she needed. I
      helped 'round the house. Took care of the girls when I got home from
      work. Cooked some. We ate a lota frozen pizzas and TV dinners durin'
      that time." He smiled slightly when he said that.
      "She made it through the whole nine months, an' we thought ev'rything
      was goin' be OK. She went clear up to the day b'fore her due date.
      Then she started bleedin'. No pains, her water didn't break, an' we
      knew we were in big trouble."
      Mystique figured this was where this story was going to get ugly, but
      she was
      still a bit taken back to hear Sabretooth speak with such a shaky
      voice.
      "I called the mid-wife, and she told me to get Lou-Lou to the
      hospital
      right away. She said she would call the doctor an' tell him to meet
      us there. My mom came over to watch the girls and I got Lou-Lou to
      the hospital in record time." Then,Sabretoth started to growl as he
      continued his story.
      "The doctor had never seen me before. He didn't know his patient was
      married to a mutant. He took one look at me, and that son-of-a-bitch
      refused to care for Lou-Lou. Said he was a doctor, not a vet." For a
      second or two, he just sat there growling, eyes narrowed, teeth
      bared. "The only choice I had was to get her to the only other
      hospital in the area, and prey that somebody would help us there.
      Well, you know me, Blue when I get emotional, I don't think too good.
      I drove like a nut and blew out one of my back tires. I managed to
      get to the side of the road safely, and by chance, a friend of mine
      was right behind me. God, I was never so scared in ma whole life. I
      flagged him down, we got no his truck and I yelled at him ta get us
      to the other hospital which was still 'bout thirty miles away." Then
      suddenly, Sabretooth went from being tense with anger to surprising
      sollem
      he slumped his back and lowered his head. "My friend drove as fast as
      he could, while I had ma arm 'round Lou-Lou. I felt her go limp. I
      felt her slip away from me. She died in my arms. When we arrived at
      the hospital, they at least tried to save the baby, but it was too
      late fer him too. I lost both of 'em that night."
      He sat there for a moment reliving the events of that horrible night.
      Mystique wanted to say something, but even *I'm sorry* seemed tacky
      for this occasion.
      When he raised his head, Mystique reconized him as the Sabretooth she
      knew. Cold, soul-less eyes. A hard and bitter scowl.
      "I didn't stay ta make funeral arrangements, I didn't even call my
      mom and tell her what happend." There was so much hate in his
      voice. "I went back to the hospital that turned Lou-Lou away. I went
      inside and started rippin' ev'rybody I found. Doctors, nurses,
      techinians. I even killed the lady who ran the concession stand. But
      the bastard that I really wanted was gone. He had already gone home.
      So, I had to track him down on foot. Found him the next morning on a
      golf-coarse. Guess he hadn't heard about his colleagues. Anyhow, I
      ripped him up like a rag-doll and left his body parts all over that
      nice green grass." Oh yeah, now Mystique reconized that Vic was back
      to his good ol' self.
      "But I couldn't go back home after that. I couldn't even go to her
      funeral or the boy's." He took his picture back and returned it to
      its place in his wallet.
      "Yeah, I'm a hit-man. It's not like I c'n do sumthin' else that pays
      that kinda money. Then I started hearin' 'bout this *master of
      magnetism* tellin us mutants we were in for the fight of our lives,
      an' I believed him. I had every intention of joinin' Mags' lil party
      long before you n' me ever met, Blue. I figure that this is the best
      way, the only way, I can protact my girls' furture. Maybe sumday
      they'll start havin' their own kids an I gotta protect 'em too." He
      made sure he was looking dead into Mystique's eyes. "So, ya see Blue,
      they're my reason. Not you."
      The room filled with an eerie silence. Sabretooth went back to
      watching TV and sipped his beer. The sound of the laugh track coming
      from the set, only worsened the awkwardness between them. She could
      have walked away, there was nothing wrong with that. But even
      Mystique had more commpassion than that. Careingly, she touched him
      on the shoulder, hoping that he would open up just a little
      futher. "Vic," She tenderly spoke. "Why are you bringing this up?" He
      looked hard into her eyes. " 'Cause t'day's May 12. The day Lou-Lou
      died." Maybe Mystique couldn't read the pain in his black emotionless
      eyes, but she damn sure could here it in his voice.
      With all the sisterly love that she could find within herself, she
      reached over and put her arms around her brother in arms. For a
      moment he stiffened and became as hard as a marble statue. Then
      gradually, his posture relaxed, as he returned to being made of flesh
      and blood. Finally, he put his arms around her and for the next few
      minutes they held eachother. Mystique raised her head to look at
      him. "You know, Vic, if you'd like, I can be her for you." He looked
      back at her and smiled. "That's OK, Blue. Ya' don't hafta do that. I
      love you enough, already."
      With that the two ex-lovers kissed. -THE END