Chabon's X-MEN script (fic sorta)

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 10:33 PM
      I mentioned this before over on OTL, I believe, but it somehow
      escaped me at the time that Michael had actually put the *script*
      online. Maybe that's a recent addition, but more likely, I just
      overlooked it.

      This might be of interest to some of you. Michael Chabon was among
      those asked to submit a treatment of X-MEN: The Movie, before the
      final script choice was made. Here it is:

      http://www.michaelchabon.com/X-Men.html

      Yes, THAT Michael Chabon, Pultizer Winner and PEN/Faulkner Finalist,
      author of (among other things) THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF KAVALIER AND
      CLAY (which won him the Pulitzer, in fact) -- a novel about the comic
      book industry. Anyone interested in comics and good fiction and
      America post-WWII ought to give it a read. (Two thumbs up, as S&E
      used to say.)

      The link above goes first to his letter commenting on the previous
      scripts he was sent, and at the bottom is a link to his own
      treatment. Who would his line-up? Cyke, Jean, Beast, Nightcrawler,
      Storm, Iceman, Wolverine and Jubilee. No Rogue, no Magneto. But
      Jubes in a role remarkably similar to the one given to Rogue in the
      film. Hmmm. Can't copyright an idea....

      Was Singer wrong to reject him, or right? YOU be the judge. <G>
      (And, we could ask, should lit mainstream authors ever be turned
      loose in the media??? <chuckle>)

      --Min

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com