Ficlet: So Happy Together

  • Autumn Biggins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Title: So Happy Together

      Author: Autumn

      E-mail: dyslexic_crisco_penguin_fiend@...

      Archive: DDFH

      Rating: R Language, adult content etc.

      Author's Notes: An inspiration from Rebecca's bunny. Oh and also
      from a Weezer concert and hearing the cover of this song last night�..

      Original Bunny: Logan and Marie are in a serious relationship.
      Marie, never having experienced a relationship with anyone else is
      curious, and one thing leads to another��.

      For Rebeccathanks for the great little rabbit! Pulled me outa my
      writing funk�.

      Logan POV

      Disclaimer: The characters are Marvel/Fox's and the song is the
      property of some Turtles.

      Imagine me and you, I do
      I think about you day and night
      It's only right
      To think about the girl you love
      And hold her tight
      So happy together

      I thought she was different. I really did. I thought I could
      trust her, I did trust her. I told her shit nobody knows, I was
      different with her. Gentle, and kinder. She made me feel safe.
      Then she fucked someone else.

      If I should call you up
      Invest a dime
      And you say you belong to me
      And ease my mind
      Imagine how the world could be
      So very fine
      So happy together

      I missed her in Canada, but I stayed away. I needed too, I
      needed to let her grow up, and taste life a little bit. Sow her wild
      oats of whatever. I know she was young, and I brought her into
      something serious kind of fast. That was my fuckup, I see that now.
      I can't totally blame her. Oh fuck it yes I can. She knew what the
      deal was, she goddamn knew everything about me and pissed all over
      that.

      I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
      For all my life
      When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
      For all my life

      I bought her a ring. A sapphire, her favorite. I was going
      to propose. I was going to get down on one damn knee, and ask her to
      join her life with mine forever. Commitment, eternity, forever,
      bound. Four words that used to scare the hell out of me. She made
      me think they were just words. Nothing more than that. She was
      right. They are like that. Hollow, meaningless and full of shit.

      Me and you and you and me
      No matter how they toss the dice
      It has to be
      The only one for me is you
      And you for me
      So happy together

      She apologized. For four fuckin' hours, sobbing and crying
      and begging for forgiveness. I opened the door and told her to get
      the fuck outta the way. She knows she screwed it all up. Really,
      fuckin' badly. I trusted her, she screwed up, it's over. Told her
      that. I know she got that. I mean really got it. I saw it come
      over her face. That recognition that she killed everything between
      us. I've never seen someone hurt so much that quickly.
      I can't say I'm sorry. I want her to know what she put me
      through. She fucked me up beyond repair. If Marie, the woman I
      loved and trusted can fuck me over like that, there's nothing to stop
      anyone from pulling that shit.

      I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
      For all my life
      When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
      For all my life

      Seeing her with him. A memory that will be in my head for my
      whole damn life. Doing that. Getting fucked by that asshole. How
      the hell could she do that to me? She fuckin' knew it would destroy
      me and she did it anyway. Fuck!

      Me and you and you and me
      No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
      The only one for me is you, and you for me
      So happy together

      There is one person on this forsaken planet for everyone.
      It's just a damn fact of life. You open up and share your soul once
      exactly. Even if nothing comes of it, you still think about that.
      Your life may move on and be different, but nothing will be the same
      as that one time.
      She'll live to regret what she did. More than she already
      does. We could have been happy together. It's gone now, but it was
      there.

      Me and you and you and me
      No matter how they toss the dice
      It has to be
      The only one for me is you
      And you for me
      So happy together

      I'd stay here and fight for Chuck, but I know Marie ain't
      leaving yet, so that's a no go. Who the hell wants that kind of
      reminder? Sides, nothing else here for me now. The geeks are fine
      and all, but I can take `em or leave them. Don't mind kicking
      Sabertooth's ass on a regular basis, but plenty of dumbass rednecks
      to punch out in the finest bars in the North Country.
      So whatever. Life's be peachy fuckin' keen. That's just the
      breaks. Shoulda known better. Won't get fooled again and make that
      mistake twice.

      So happy together
      How is the weather
      So happy together
      We're happy together
      So happy together
      Happy together
      So happy together
      So happy together

      "You are so going to hell when you die Cartman!"
      -South Park