Poem: Sweet Poison

  • Julianna Hawk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2002
      Title: Sweet Poison
      Author: Meghan (lynn_teke@...)
      Website: www.geocities.com/lynn_teke
      Summery: Being dumped always hurts.
      Feedback: Pretty please? I'll take it in the form of having my guestbook
      signed!
      Dedications: To Heather, my SS, love ya!
      Author's Notes: This could be for any fandom, for any pairing, an annoymous
      POV, so please don't flame me.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Why does my heart crack and splinter
      When I see your face
      You should mean nothing to me
      Dust on a shelf of long forgotten dreams
      Erased from the pages of my mind
      Torn from the book of my soul
      Thrown into the consuming flame you burn into ash

      Make the pain you caused me disappear
      Be nothing evermore
      Rip you from my heartstrings
      Tear you from my eyes that drop your name in sapphires
      Let the wind stop whispering your name
      Let everything of you die
      Die from me and mine
      Stop the siren spell you cast upon me

      I have seen the shadows in your heart
      The thorny briars that wrap it round
      A wall you built to keep me out
      How now does it feel
      When you have pricked yourself
      Rubies fall and mingle with my sapphires
      So rich in our suffering

      Diamond shards of a broken mirror
      Reflect the hauntedness in my eyes
      Where are the laughing ones
      Do not they weep as well in pain
      As the wall the built closes in

      Does not bitter vile rise in your throat
      A sickening sweep through you at my name
      That makes you blanch and turn away
      Your face carved of milk-white jade
      A ravenous consumption eating you inside

      Blood shall sing to blood
      I am your poison
      As you are me