Fic: Time's Fool: 0/5: Rogue/Alex, Rogue/Logan: R

  • vic pusateri
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2002
      Title: Time's Fool
      Author: Victoria P. [victoria_p@...]
      bending sickle's compass come: / Love alters not with his brief hours and
      weeks, / But bears it out even to the edge of doom."
      Rating: R - language
      Archive: Lists, Muse's Fool
      Feedback: Makes you pretty
      Notes: Thanks to Jen, Pete, Dot, Melissa, Meg and Laura for the beta. Thanks
      to Gables for the help when I was stuck. I started this thing back in March
      or April of last year, so I'm *glad* it's done. *g*

      The title and summary come from Shakespeare's Sonnet 116, my personal
      favorite (see below). There's also a joke swiped from West Wing in here; it
      was too funny to resist.

      I'm using the movie novelization story for Scott's power-manifesting
      scenario. Just 'cause of one scene, but I kinda had to.

      No offense meant to any Jesus freaks, Germans, Portuguese or three-sneezers.
      I'm a three-sneezer myself, and some of the things that happen to Rogue in
      her dating adventures have actually happened to me. Sigh. And my mother
      wonders why I'm still single. *g*

      The Aqua All-Star is available from http://www.babeland.com Also, while
      this fic was written with various musical accompaniment, "Listen to Her
      Heart" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers was on during crucial scenes.

      Jen, thanks for letting me fictionalize you, even if you don't actually
      appear in the story.

      Sonnet CXVI.

      Let me not to the marriage of true minds
      Admit impediments. Love is not love
      Which alters when it alteration finds,
      Or bends with the remover to remove:
      O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
      That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
      It is the star to every wandering bark,
      Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
      Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
      Within his bending sickle's compass come:
      Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
      But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
      If this be error and upon me proved,
      I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

      ~victoria

      ~*~